Anyone get the DCL email about Alaska cruises before July?

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
The cast member I spoke with tonight placed me in hold to check with guest services after I indicated it was getting very close to our move in the 50% portion of the cancellation policy. When he came back in, he indicated the June sailings should have an announcement very soon and it should include some special incentives. Fingers crossed he got accurate information.
It will be interesting to see...

Thanks for calling!

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
**never mind, popped up on another page**
I think they might be getting ready to post a new covid-19 message on the DCL page. The one from the 20th has been taken down and it was up a few hours ago...

Last edited:

Tiffins

Earning My Ears
Just out of curiosity we have our cruise for this May. Lets say they do cancel and everyone rebooks their Alaskan cruise. How hard will it be to get on a cruise for next year? Because you figure before all this happen people booked for next year because that is when they want to go. Then since most people can't go this season they will book next year as well.

• Disney Cruise Line Shipboard Credits up to $1000!
    Just make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel and you’ll receive up to $1000 in shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!
    Click Here for Details

Already have a Disney Cruise Line reservation booked?
    If you booked your DCL reservation within the last 30 days, Email us (DreamsCruise@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com) to see if we can save you money, apply a Shipboard Credit, or recieve our Exclusive Gift!
    *Deposit paid. Not paid in full. Other Restrictions Apply.

• spiders

Mouseketeer
    Just out of curiosity we have our cruise for this May. Lets say they do cancel and everyone rebooks their Alaskan cruise. How hard will it be to get on a cruise for next year? Because you figure before all this happen people booked for next year because that is when they want to go. Then since most people can't go this season they will book next year as well.
    The longer this goes on, the more people who will end up cancelling future cruises due to financial constraints.

As for Alaska 2020...even if there was a chance of going out of Seattle, Seattle has pretty much said it ain’t gonna happen this year. Hope for the best but plan on cancellations beyond July.

ahain

Thankful & Blessed
    I think they might be getting ready to post a new covid-19 message on the DCL page. The one from the 20th has been taken down and it was up a few hours ago...
    The March 20 announcement is still on the DCL website this morning.

_auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
    I think when your Alaska 2020 is cancelled most cruisers will have to look at 2022. Alaska 2021 already has a lot of post-Opening Day price creep that even 125% ain't addressing.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• _auroraborealis_

I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.
    Yeah - I am thinking that most cruisers can/should take the 100% refund. Because DCL's Alaska pricing is bad enough on opening day, and there will now be 3+ months of cruises cancelled looking to join that herd. Pricing and availability is going to suck, and it's not going to be 25% premium.

2gr8DisneyKids

DIS Veteran
    Yeah - I am thinking that most cruisers can/should take the 100% refund. Because DCL's Alaska pricing is bad enough on opening day, and there will now be 3+ months of cruises cancelled looking to join that herd. Pricing and availability is going to suck, and it's not going to be 25% premium.
    We plan to take the refund

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!

DECK PLANS

STATEROOMS

ITINERARIES