Anyone get the DCL email about Alaska cruises before July?

The cast member I spoke with tonight placed me in hold to check with guest services after I indicated it was getting very close to our move in the 50% portion of the cancellation policy. When he came back in, he indicated the June sailings should have an announcement very soon and it should include some special incentives. Fingers crossed he got accurate information.
It will be interesting to see...

Thanks for calling!

**never mind, popped up on another page**
I think they might be getting ready to post a new covid-19 message on the DCL page. The one from the 20th has been taken down and it was up a few hours ago...

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity we have our cruise for this May. Lets say they do cancel and everyone rebooks their Alaskan cruise. How hard will it be to get on a cruise for next year? Because you figure before all this happen people booked for next year because that is when they want to go. Then since most people can't go this season they will book next year as well.

Just out of curiosity we have our cruise for this May. Lets say they do cancel and everyone rebooks their Alaskan cruise. How hard will it be to get on a cruise for next year? Because you figure before all this happen people booked for next year because that is when they want to go. Then since most people can't go this season they will book next year as well.

The longer this goes on, the more people who will end up cancelling future cruises due to financial constraints.

As for Alaska 2020...even if there was a chance of going out of Seattle, Seattle has pretty much said it ain’t gonna happen this year. Hope for the best but plan on cancellations beyond July.

I think when your Alaska 2020 is cancelled most cruisers will have to look at 2022. Alaska 2021 already has a lot of post-Opening Day price creep that even 125% ain't addressing.

Yeah - I am thinking that most cruisers can/should take the 100% refund. Because DCL's Alaska pricing is bad enough on opening day, and there will now be 3+ months of cruises cancelled looking to join that herd. Pricing and availability is going to suck, and it's not going to be 25% premium.

Yeah - I am thinking that most cruisers can/should take the 100% refund. Because DCL's Alaska pricing is bad enough on opening day, and there will now be 3+ months of cruises cancelled looking to join that herd. Pricing and availability is going to suck, and it's not going to be 25% premium.

We plan to take the refund

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!