• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone get tix for the Kinkade painting unveiling?

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
The Thomas Kinkade picture of Disneyland castle will be unveiled and available for purchase on Saturday, Sept.10. I wasn't quick enough to purchase tix for the breakfast gala - did anyone?

minniecarousel said:
The Thomas Kinkade picture of Disneyland castle will be unveiled and available for purchase on Saturday, Sept.10. I wasn't quick enough to purchase tix for the breakfast gala - did anyone?

Do you have more details on this please? We have had a deposit reserving a painting for what seems like one year with our local Kinkade Gallery and from what we have/had been told there was a dispute with Disney and the painting would not be released. If it is truly being released I need to contact them or you would think they would call me.

What can you tell me or where can you direct me on this -

Thanks very much

It is being released on Sept. 10 in Disneyland. There is a brunch at the Grand Californian and then it will be available at the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square that afternoon.

lucky1 said:
Check out www.DisneyGallery.com for more informtion

I think I need to call my Kinkade Gallery to see what's up with my pre-order. I wish they had told me about this. I just found out searching the DISBoards last night. You would think they would have said something.

we aren't going until the 16th do you think they will still have prints???? I will be so sad, this is the perfect christmas gift for my disney/kinkade fan mother. I may miss out by a few days :(

Looks like you can prerder it online with the Disney Gallery. The official Kinkade Galleries will have the GP's eventually. They don't know much (cost or numbers they will received) at this time as they have been instructed to remain tight liped on this. I think there was a dispute between Disney and Kinkade after he was allowed to sketch. The painting was supposed to be released months ago. I am just upset I didn't know about the Disney event before this. I questioned my gallery as to why they didn't tell me about it and they didn't even know anything about it either.

Oh well. I'll get a print eventually.

50thisyeartoo! said:
Call The Gallery; Any They Had Left Would Be Available Today!

My gallery called me today since they knew I had been asking over and over. I reserved my print - I think it's an AP in the smaller size - which is still sizeable. Well I received a call back later tonight telling me my size was already sold out! Glad I have mine on order!!!
Can't wait to receive it though.

I had my copy on reserve with a gallery and those with the gallery are a gallery edition which they make less copies are making it more rare. Can not wait to get mine.

Wellll....I was able to purchase one on Saturday. But I had received some really WRONG info from an E-mail with Disney. I asked in an E-mail that since I wasn't able to get the Brunch Preview tickets, when should I arrive at the Gallery to purchase. Their response was that it was going on sale at the Gallery at 3:30. I was in the Park shortly after 7 AM (early entry) and rode a few rides, had breakfast and then we wandered over toward New Orleans Square. Imagine my surprise when I noticed a HUGE line waiting to get into the Gallery! YUP - they opened at 8 AM!! Here - I could have been among the first in line, but instead I was probably 150th! I waited in line for 3 HOURS! I was sooo ticked off. Better to give no info than incorrect info! When I got home on Sunday, I found the response to my E-mail and fired it right back to them to let them know how crappy I thought it was to give incorrect info. Their response was "sincere apology". The only thing I asked for was an apology and to fix their system! They certainly couldn't give me back that 3 hours!

(It really is a pretty painting - Kinkade & Disney lovers will really like it!)

I knew the gallery was opening early; it was posted on the disney gallery website 8:00 am. What I DIDN"T know was that since I was staying in a Disneyland HOTEL I could get early admittance! You can imagine how much sooner I got to New Orleans Square than those standing out in front at 8am! The disney gallery website lists sizes, prices, quantity of everything. I am now aware of "gallery exclusive prints"...

Hi everyone. I was searching for info on this last week and didn't think of looking here! I normally am only lurking on the cruise line boards.

I was there on Saturday and among the first in line. I was one of the crazy ones jogging down mainstreet right after opening.

I bought a signed painting. Since he signed them before the meet and greet, I didn't stay for it. I was very excited. The guy behind me in line flew in from Maryland the night before for the signing! The couple in front of me spent $6000! :earseek:

I was just thrilled to live in the area and use my ap discount of %10! A lot of money on an expensive painting!

The disney framing (with hidden mickeys in the frame) was not ready so I have to go back in a few weeks and pick it up. I can't wait!

50thisyeartoo if it makes you feel better my understanding was that the early entry people were not admitted into adventureland until 8 so they weren't there any earlier then those of us jogging down main street at 8:01! :)

I was one of those who got in early; yes we waited right at the entrance to that section until 8am. BUT I ran like a bat out of heck anyway...my friend and I were around 15 people back in line. It was worth it. I called a Kinkade gallery today; they sold out of their gallery prints on the first day. I guess those of us who got the APs at Disneyland last Saturday are very lucky. I heard they were all signed on the back too! HOW EXCITING! My friend and I did come for the meet and greet...we have pictures with Mr. Kinkade and his family...I've been showing mine off all week at work...

Yes I laughed when I heard they were signed on the back. Because once mine is framed, how exactly am I supposed to know (or prove) it's signed on the back?

I was about 30 people back in line, so I wasn't too far behind you. I can't wait for the call to say it's ready!

The funny thing about the galleries is about 6 or so months ago when I read he was recently on main street painting, I went into a gallery to see if they had any idea on release dates. The gallery was shocked that I knew about it. She wanted to know how I knew, etc.
Then two weeks ago, before I heard about Saturday. I checked at another gallery and she was very excited but knew only rough release dates and promised to call me when she knew more. She said she hadn't even seen one yet. I told her it was on the internet and it was beautiful. She still hasn't called!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter