Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

Randomsoulshine

Mouseketeer
I’ve never had this issue on Dis boards before but I’m getting a crazy amount of pop ups when I try to visit the site. The kind that says I’ve won a Walmart gift card or something. I never click on it but have to go out of the site and come back in to try to see anything. Am I the only one?

• disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
    Yep. This has been a complaint of mine for ages though it did seem better for a bit. It has definitely gotten awful the past week or so.

And yes, I know I can use an an blocker but the DIS is the ONLY site I visit that has this issue. The problem isn't my phone. The problem isn't my browser. The problem is clearly with the DIS and something they do or some setting they use. It would be nice if they would fix it.

• Randomsoulshine

Mouseketeer
    Yep. This has been a complaint of mine for ages though it did seem better for a bit. It has definitely gotten awful the past week or so.

And yes, I know I can use an an blocker but the DIS is the ONLY site I visit that has this issue. The problem isn't my phone. The problem isn't my browser. The problem is clearly with the DIS and something they do or some setting they use. It would be nice if they would fix it.
    I don’t have issues with any other websites either and didn’t wuth the Dis until this week and it’s nonstop. I’m a June traveler too and need my Dis haha

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
    I've also had problems, and I found a thread of people on the "Technical Support" site also complaining about this problem. What's starting to upset me is that there's been absolutely no response from the administrators, not even a "that's too bad".

• BaymaxForever

The amulet is green...it’s probably an emerald...
    I’ve had this problem on and off over the past year or so. It’s been really bad the past two weeks, so I finally downloaded an ad blocker on my phone like people keep suggesting and it really has worked. Tech support doesn’t do anything, you really got a get an ad blocker.

wiihoo888

Mouseketeer
    It has been ridiculous the past week. I’ve had occasional pop ups in the past, but it has gotten to the point where I have just given up on a few days. Glad others have seen it too. Hoping there is something that can be done to fix it

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator

I’m with you but I about a year ago it wasn’t worth it anymore with how much I’m on this site so I downloaded an Adblock for both my Mac and my phone. 0 problems now.

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
    I’m with you but I about a year ago it wasn’t worth it anymore with how much I’m on this site so I downloaded an Adblock for both my Mac and my phone. 0 problems now.
    I get that a blocker would fix the problem. It just annoys me that I have to do that to fix a problem that is their fault. I’m online all the time and this is the only website that has this issue. The problem isn’t my browser or device the problem is with the DIS.

rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    I get that a blocker would fix the problem. It just annoys me that I have to do that to fix a problem that is their fault. I’m online all the time and this is the only website that has this issue. The problem isn’t my browser or device the problem is with the DIS.
    I understand. I hope with the board improvements coming this also improves but until then that seems to be the only option.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News