Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

I get that, but it shouldn't be necessary. I visit a lot of websites. This is the only one that has this issue. The problem is the website, not the device. They need to fix it.
Totally agree. And have been surprised at lack of any “official” statement/ response to the multiple posts and threads. But in terms of making the site workable, this worked for me.

I think this is the thread I posted on before when this was happening - I didn't double check. But since last evening I have been unable to use the boards from my iphone at all, I get redirected every time I try to go to them. It had been better for a while, but this is the worst it's ever been. I signed up for different disney message boards not too long ago that I was directed to after the rumors of paid FPs, but I didn't have time to be involved and follow 2 boards. I might have to consider checking them out, this is getting crazy.
Would you mind PMing me the names of the other ones? I’m so frustrated and disappointed that I just can’t use the boards with all of these free iPhones that I’m winning popping up.

Me too. I’m almost wondering if I need to quit the Dis. (Gasp!!) Doesn’t happen to me anywhere else but this site, and it has been constant the last 2 weeks, despite continually clearing my cookies and history.

@hiroMYhero and @rteetz - you guys are my favorite mods ❤ - can you please alert the higher ups about this thread/issue?
They are aware as far as I know. Your best option is downloading ad blockers right now. I use one myself.

Me too. I’m almost wondering if I need to quit the Dis. (Gasp!!) Doesn’t happen to me anywhere else but this site, and it has been constant the last 2 weeks, despite continually clearing my cookies and history.

@hiroMYhero and @rteetz - you guys are my favorite mods ❤ - can you please alert the higher ups about this thread/issue?
I agree with @rteetz in that they are aware of the pop up problem. I use Adblock and it works quite well... I can scan through threads on my iPhone and mini-iPad without having to deal with pop ups and ads.

Downloading the latest iPhone update has taken care of it for me.

Prior to that, I couldn’t come on the Dis at all without constant popups.

It is mostly just this site. We have been told it’s infected google ads. I’m not sure if there is much for the Dis end to do.
I'm not a tech guy so I just don't understand what this means and why it only affects this one website. I visit many other websites on a regular basis. They all have ads. If the problem was coming from Google, wouldn't it affect other sites that also have Google ads? There has to be something about this particular website that is somehow causing the problem or at least allowing it to occur. Does that make sense?

I'm not a tech guy so I just don't understand what this means and why it only affects this one website. I visit many other websites on a regular basis. They all have ads. If the problem was coming from Google, wouldn't it affect other sites that also have Google ads? There has to be something about this particular website that is somehow causing the problem or at least allowing it to occur. Does that make sense?
The ads you see at the bottom of the page and stuff like that. Google is the one behind some of those ads. I’m not talking about google the website but google the business. That’s why you’ll see it here and not everywhere. There are ads that they provide here that are causing the issue.

I understand that part, but is this the only website that they provide those particular ads to? Surely they must place the same ads on thousands of others sites but this is the only site that seems to have this issue.
I’m sure they do supply it to other sites but I’m not 100% on the entire background there. I just know basics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter