Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

firefly_ris

DIS Veteran
Are you still getting the redirect ad right now?
My browser blocked them but I was just in rumors and news on a thread for about 25 seconds and Chrome informed me it blocked 27 popups and 3 redirects.

On the bright side, that's the first time mobile Chrome was able to ward them off.

sharona

DIS Veteran
Managed to click through to this thread on my phone which hasn’t happened for a few days. I had Switched to my iPad to check the tech support for posts About the issues I was having.

• mckennarose

DIS Veteran
    Are you still getting the redirect ad right now?
    I got the redirects as soon as I got on the site this morning. It wouldn't let me go anywhere and I had to close everything out. I'm using Firefox. I just got on now and hoping to get through typing and posting this before it does it again.

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    I use Ghostery and the Chrome browser and don't get the ads on this site. I also use the Ghostery app on my iPhone to block the ads on the Dis. It works pretty well. Without Ghostery I would not visit this site.

• rteetz

Rumors and News Moderator
    I had one sneak through on wdwinfo.com this morning which was rare and I have an adblocker installed.

Brocktoon

21st Century Schizoid Man
    Seems like after a bunch of pop ups this morning, things have been fine for the rest of the day ... at least for me on both Chrome and Firefox

AnnaS

DIS Sponsoor/Veteran
    I get the same thing but for Safari......only here on the DIS. No other message board. I can barely post on one thread and I need to exit out.

I really have not been able to come here, read, browse and enjoy the board the way I used to.

MaryJo = happy to hear that the administrators are looking into this. It's nuts.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

Dan Murphy

We are family.

pxidst119

Mouseketeer
    I know there’s another thread about pop ups on the community boards but thought I’d post here too. I can use other threads without the pop ups. I’m just getting them on the community board.

dlavender

DIS Veteran
    I know there’s another thread about pop ups on the community boards but thought I’d post here too. I can use other threads without the pop ups. I’m just getting them on the community board.
    I get them within seconds on the community board. Other boards it takes a few minutes, but they still seem to come.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.