Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

It’s with google ads not google the browser so that’s why you only see it here.

Thanks for the reply. Norton’s Ad Blocker seems to be doing the trick. Funny how it just started a few weeks ago. When the ads popped up I couldn’t even back out of them on my iPad. I had to close out the page and reload the DIS website. I was about to give up and quit using the boards. Glad it looks like I found a solution. Thanks again.

Last edited:
For maybe a week I’ve occasionally not been able to even view the boards from my iPhone. Half of the time the pop ups open a new window and tell me I won something, and half of the time it takes over my current window and I have to close it and open the page again. Then it happens again. And again. It is only when on the dis, amd I am on tons of other pages from my phone. These aren’t like regular ads, like for things I’ve been looking at or searching for recently,
which I am used to, they seem like a more malicious type trying to convince me I have a virus or need to do something to win a prize, etc... I don’t understand why it isn’t being addressed?! Telling me to figure out an ad blocker isn’t addressing it, and I don’t see why I need to figure it out when it’s only this site. I’ve read about it on so many threads I followed that I finally came over here to post.

These are becoming overwhelming now!!!! Took me 3 times just to type this!!! I can’t touch anything anymore without these popping up!
It super sucks! I'm not going to look at it anymore on my phone. It is just too annoying.:mic:

BUT, I'm super sad about bc that's how I get through the day! :p

For maybe a week I’ve occasionally not been able to even view the boards from my iPhone. Half of the time the pop ups open a new window and tell me I won something, and half of the time it takes over my current window and I have to close it and open the page again. Then it happens again. And again. It is only when on the dis, amd I am on tons of other pages from my phone. These aren’t like regular ads, like for things I’ve been looking at or searching for recently,
which I am used to, they seem like a more malicious type trying to convince me I have a virus or need to do something to win a prize, etc... I don’t understand why it isn’t being addressed?! Telling me to figure out an ad blocker isn’t addressing it, and I don’t see why I need to figure it out when it’s only this site. I’ve read about it on so many threads I followed that I finally came over here to post.

Try that Norton Ad Blocker. Works great on my iPhone and iPad.

Just wanted to report that even with the latest update to the forums, I am still getting pop ups. :sad:

Apparently my Mac has multiple viruses. :darth:

I quit having problems before the upgrades (didn’t have any Saturday morning anyway) and haven’t so far today since the boards have come back but I have only been on a few minutes today so far. Hopefully it is done

The majority of the pop ups occurred on my iPad so i have yet to try that out- post upgrade.

I kept getting the pop up on my iPad too. I'm relieved it isn't only me.
I haven't tried on my iPad since the upgrade. I hope it is resolved.

banners across the top so half my screen is unreadable.

not impressed by the upgrade, its made the site virtually unusable.

Same here. This site is definitely losing me.

No way I believe DIS wasn’t in control or could control those pop ups.

Now miraculously pop ups are gone but there are so many ads on the thread pages it’s difficult to find the thread!

Disappointed is DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter