Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

I was wondering about that. Even if there's just a "we're aware of the problem and we're working on it" would be nice.

It's nice to know complaints have been heard.

Even if the answer is "that's just the way it is". At least we'd know.
Agreed. It's time to address this.

I downloaded an aid blocker and ( knock on wood). I have not gotten a pop up you won yet.

Okay, now things are really getting out of hand. I can no longer use the site on mobile but now I've started having issues on my desktop AND I HAVE an ad blocker on there. I was just in the middle of reading a thread, not clicking on anything. Not even touching the computer. And it suddenly redirected me to some other site. It happened before but I thought I may have accidentally clicked on something. I'm positive I didn't this time.

DIS team, you need to fix this or this site is going to die quickly.

Happening to me, too. Not just on Safari on my phone, but also on Firefox on my laptop. No other site but this one, ever. And the redirects are getting more and more malicious. Forcing me to close out of the browser.

Is there anyone from the DIS who monitors this forum??

And here I am without ever having experienced the pop-up issue. No matter how hard I try!
15hpw9.gif

But in all seriousness, be grateful you haven't been getting any. Just take a look at just how many have been getting them. It's been a mess.

A mod posted this earlier this evening:
Corey has posted that he was blocking ads that have been reported. He posted in a thread where the ad was posted in full view.

After Corey posted so that the OP knew the ad was taken care of, the thread was deleted due to the ad Content.

SO it looks like they are beginning to get a handle on things. I did not receive any pop ups today.

Has it been suggested in this thread to run a Malware scanner like Malwarebytes. I have never gotten pop ups at all on my work or home computers. Also check your browser for extensions like alternative search bars and stupid stuff like coupon finders or some such nonsense.

Apps on your phone can also create pop ups and redirects. I installed something once on my phone and it was horrible.

Has it been suggested in this thread to run a Malware scanner like Malwarebytes. I have never gotten pop ups at all on my work or home computers. Also check your browser for extensions like alternative search bars and stupid stuff like coupon finders or some such nonsense.

Apps on your phone can also create pop ups and redirects. I installed something once on my phone and it was horrible.
Wouldn't that likely affect other websites? Could there be malware that ONLY affects the DIS? That seems odd.

Recently I've been getting browser takeovers - probably tied to some of the random ads on DIS. One placed a bunch of pop-ups, but another was a "Microsoft support" scam.

I have trouble using DIS also. It is the only site I have trouble with. I also got the Microsoft support scam. This is the only site I have trouble with , it makes it almost unusable. I hope someone does something

"Ad blocker plus"....and "Ghostery" might help more than just ad blocker
works well on my mac across 3 browsers..not sure about mobile since I don't use a browser much on my Iphone. It would be nice to have an APP for Dis...

PLUS it really helps speed things up on the WDW site for FP's and Adr's, etc

update...download "Ghostery" in IOS or Android.. and open up dis or anything else.. in that, and all your problems will go away

Last edited:
I have trouble using DIS also. It is the only site I have trouble with. I also got the Microsoft support scam. This is the only site I have trouble with , it makes it almost unusable. I hope someone does something

I doubt there is anything to for the dis to do. For 3 years I went to peoples homes and cleared all the crap they used to download to get free music, games etc.

So I would first try cleaning up your computer. I don't get pop ups and others don't get pop ups.

"Ad blocker plus"....and "Ghostery" might help more than just ad blocker
works well on my mac across 3 browsers..not sure about mobile since I don't use a browser much on my Iphone. It would be nice to have an APP for Dis...

PLUS it really helps speed things up on the WDW site for FP's and Adr's, etc

update...download "Ghostery" in IOS or Android.. and open up dis or anything else.. in that, and all your problems will go away

As i posted above I fixed hundreds of PCs with the same problem and pop up blockers are a band aid. Since its not happening to me and almost every other person on this page I'm pretty sure its something running on the PC. Malware bytes should be able to clean it up.

And this can also happen on your phone. I once installed an app and too started to get weird pop ups. I found something similar to malware bytes for my phone and it identified to bad app.

I doubt there is anything to for the dis to do. For 3 years I went to peoples homes and cleared all the crap they used to download to get free music, games etc.

So I would first try cleaning up your computer. I don't get pop ups and others don't get pop ups.

I don't get why its just the DIS. No other problems with any other site. And there are 6 pages of people saying similar experiences.

I don't get why its just the DIS. No other problems with any other site. And there are 6 pages of people saying similar experiences.

Whatever it is its something here thats triggering it. I have never gotten a pop up on any version of software they have used here.

Oh and 99.9999999% that don't and are not getting pop ups. :)

Last edited:
Just attempted to be on the boards for the past 5 minutes. Got 22 pop up redirects- winning an iPhone, finme club, and Walmart. It is only an issue for me when using this site. I love this site. Are there any fixes? I have an iPhone if that matters...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!