Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

Just attempted to be on the boards for the past 5 minutes. Got 22 pop up redirects- winning an iPhone, finme club, and Walmart. It is only an issue for me when using this site. I love this site. Are there any fixes? I have an iPhone if that matters...
Download Ghostery from the app store and then open Disboards in Ghostery...zero pop ups !

Okay, now things are really getting out of hand. I can no longer use the site on mobile but now I've started having issues on my desktop AND I HAVE an ad blocker on there. I was just in the middle of reading a thread, not clicking on anything. Not even touching the computer. And it suddenly redirected me to some other site. It happened before but I thought I may have accidentally clicked on something. I'm positive I didn't this time.

DIS team, you need to fix this or this site is going to die quickly.

This is what has been happening to me, too, ever since the DIS Forums redesign. I use a laptop, haven't gotten any popups. but am constantly redirected to other sites without even clicking on anything. I'm just reading, and a new page opens. Very irritating!

This is what has been happening to me, too, ever since the DIS Forums redesign. I use a laptop, haven't gotten any popups. but am constantly redirected to other sites without even clicking on anything. I'm just reading, and a new page opens. Very irritating!

You probably have some sort of adware spyware on your PC. I know people are saying it only this website but the vast majority of people here don't have this issue so it has to be on your PC.
Run malwarebytes it free and cleans up a lot of crap.

You probably have some sort of adware spyware on your PC. I know people are saying it only this website but the vast majority of people here don't have this issue so it has to be on your PC.
I'll ask again, is it possible that there is malware that ONLY affects this one website? I'm not a tech guy so I don't know how that stuff works. It just seems really odd to me. Plus it only happens on my brand new iMac and those are typically pretty immune to viruses and malware and such.

I have Malwarebytes. For the last 3 years. Subscription is up tp to date and it scans automatically, plus it monitors all the time. I don't think spyware is the issue.

Plus, someone else mentioned it on this thread before me, so I'm not the only one.

I'm having the same issue as smadath and disneysteve - I have a Macbook and it's definitely only the DIS that is doing this. I'm reading, and all of a sudden it goes to a spam page.

I’ve never had this issue on Dis boards before but I’m getting a crazy amount of pop ups when I try to visit the site. The kind that says I’ve won a Walmart gift card or something. I never click on it but have to go out of the site and come back in to try to see anything. Am I the only one?

I'm getting them again when I try to use the DIS on my iPhone. - Lately it's those fake "your computer is infected" ones.

They’re baaaaaaack. They stopped for a while but just last night and today it’s happened over a dozen times. So frustrating, especially when it happens in the middle of writing a post.

They’re baaaaaaack. They stopped for a while but just last night and today it’s happened over a dozen times. So frustrating, especially when it happens in the middle of writing a post.

Yep. Thought I'd test it today, and didn't read long enough to see what I'd "won".

I'm also battling ads on the PC now. If the picture is tall, it covers up the top posts, and I have to exit the add and click why I don't want to see it again.

Never had this problem before -- until today! New iPhone, pop up blocker on, fraudulent website alert on, cache cleared repeatedly, etc. And the DIS site repeatedly frozen because, apparently, I've won a Walmart gift card. Lucky me.
So, for those who have downloaded the free ad blockers for iOS: which one/s do you recommend? And should I do something to check for malware or a virus? (Totally not tech savvy here!)

Last edited:
Never had this problem before -- until today! New iPhone, pop up blocker on, fraudulent website alert on, cache cleared repeatedly, etc. And the DIS site repeatedly frozen because, apparently, I've won a Walmart gift card. Lucky me.
So, for those who have downloaded the free ad blockers for iOS: which one/s do you recommend? And should I do something to check for malware or a virus? (Totally not tech savvy here!)
I've had pretty good success using StopAd on my iPad.
https://stopad.io/ios

Thank you!
ETA: Ad Guard seems to be working well on the phone and on the laptop. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I think this is the thread I posted on before when this was happening - I didn't double check. But since last evening I have been unable to use the boards from my iphone at all, I get redirected every time I try to go to them. It had been better for a while, but this is the worst it's ever been. I signed up for different disney message boards not too long ago that I was directed to after the rumors of paid FPs, but I didn't have time to be involved and follow 2 boards. I might have to consider checking them out, this is getting crazy.

I have been having this issue for the past couple days and I was just about to post about it. It's getting on my nerves so much. Everytime I open a thread I get redirected to a website telling me I won something.

Over the past couple of days I am having constant problems with a pop up that says I have been selected and wants me to put in details to claim the iPhone I have supposedly won. The only way I can get it to go is to close Disboards. I hope this can be resolved.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!