anyone good with home interior color schemes?

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
I am making changes. I need to bounce some ideas. Please PM me if you have the time or desire.

If you want color but want to be able to live with it, then subtle muted tones are the way to go. The pale/grey version of nearly any color is palatable to most people.

Side note: White trim for a dignified neoclassical look. It can also tie rooms of various colors together quite well.

My problem and question is going from room to room. I know what I want in each individual room, but is the transition from this room to that room appropriate? That's where I always get nervous. And, I guess that's what I want to discuss, but I don't want to put everyone else :rolleyes1 or put them to sleep.

We have creative transitions, lol. My loft is blue - really the color of the windows bottom menu bar blue. We carried it down the stairs and to the corner of the wall at the foot of the stairs. It's visible from the hall, which is pale yellow but not from the front door. From the front door, all the following are visible. The diningroom is pale yellow - the livingroom has one red wall and the rest are oatmeal color. Sounds odd, but doesn't look it at all. There's no real "doorways" to break up the color. they just end at wall intersections.

There is a doorway (no woodwork) between the diningroom and kitchen. The kitchen has a different kind of flooring, and is apricot and oak with green trim. You can see into it from the diningroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter