Anyone had a breast reduction?

Well I had the surgery 2 weeks ago. It has been the most painful thing ever. Apparently the twins did way more damage to my stomach than I knew and one breast wouldn’t stop bleeding. The surgery lasted 5 hours. One week after, my DH had to travel for work and I had to have different family members take turns staying with me. I am finally starting to feel like myself but still am in some pain. Today is probably the first day that I would say that it was worth it. One thing that was true, is that during the recovery my back has not hurt one bit. So after over 15 years of constant pain it is gone.
It is a tough recovery. I though something was wrong with me when I heard stories of people going back to work a week later! Everyone is different though. I'm glad you're getting through it though! It's only up from here... Best wishes!

Wow, sorry you had to go through pain. No pain meds?
I had lots of pain meds, it has just been painful. The dr. just said that my stomach muscles were very torn up from having my twins.

My boys are 19, they overheard DH telling his mom why I have been in so much pain. They have been the sweetest things taking care of me. I don’t want them to feel guilty, but then again how often are 19 year old boys this sweet?

Last edited:
I had a breast reduction in 2012 and went on a Disney trip 8 weeks after. I have twins as well and wish for a tummy tuck, my belly skin is so stretched it makes everything flabby. I had an umbilical hernia repair in 2013 but didn't even think about having a tuck at the same time.

Thank you for following up on your experience; I hope you are recovering well now.

Pardon my ignorance, but how do they damage the stomach?

For context, I am hoping to have this done eventually and it sounds like I may have more to remove. My insurance switched to Aetna and I haven't gotten another consultation yet- but no one mentioned stomach issues.

So sorry it was rough; I usually hear nothing but "wish I did it sooner" so another perspective is welcomed.[/QUOTE

The boys were 6’1 and 6’8 so over 12 1/2 pounds of baby. It caused my stomach muscles to pull apart, people call it “Twin Skin.”

I had a breast reduction in 2012 and went on a Disney trip 8 weeks after. I have twins as well and wish for a tummy tuck, my belly skin is so stretched it makes everything flabby. I had an umbilical hernia repair in 2013 but didn't even think about having a tuck at the same time.
I want to get rid of excess fat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!