Anyone had luck with Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds?

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
Hello :) I'm looking to lose about 20#, and having some issues. Several years ago, I lost 47# strictly with calorie counting on My Fitness Pal, but I have regained about 25# over the last 18 mos. For the last 6 wks, I have been using MFP to count calories, but I have been much less successful this time around. I'm closer to 50 yo now, and I know that is part of it. We've had a stressful year, and I've gone back to work 3/4 time. All of this is probably playing a part in my weight gain, and subsequent issues getting the weight back off.

I know I need to ramp up my metabolism, but quite frankly, I cannot make it into the Y. We live in a small city and the Y has restricted hours. I am not outdoorsy, and I flat out will not be walking the neighborhood in rain, snow, or cold weather. Dh's spin bike is very uncomfortable for me, and we don't have the room or money to add a treadmill right now.

I see that there are a lot of WATP videos available on YouTube, and I have done several of the 1 mile walks. These are good, as I can just walk in front of the computer screen and not worry about shoes, workout clothes, weather, light, etc. I can see working up to the 30-35 min programs (2 miles), as I can get this done before I get my teens out of bed in the mornings.

Has anyone tried these or something similar and had it work? It's really important for me to shed about 10# over the next 9 wks, as none of my park clothes are comfortable right now, and we have booked a Universal Orlando trip for early June.

I have used many of the WATP videos and liked them all! I used them when I was starting on my weight loss and not ready to use a "real" gym, I use them when I am just sick and tired of the treadmill, or when the weather is lousy or even when it is too hot outside. I don't use them as often now (stopped using them a lot when I started running and working out at the gym more), but I still do pull them out occasionally! They are fun and fast and easy to modify to your own fitness level. I highly recommend them! YOu might want to "liike" Leslie Sanson and WATP on FB.... she frequently posts challenges and stuff there....................P

I love Leslie videos! I own about 10 of them and use them almost daily :) I usually do them in addition to other workouts and to help hit my FitBit step goal (living up north with long winters and small kids at home makes it hard to get out for long walks half the year!) but I've also done them as my only form of fitness and they are great on their own and I love that you can customize to your fitness level like the above poster mentioned :) When I really get into them and use weights or bands and boost the walking to a light jog it can really get my heart rate up and burn a lot of calories. If you don't already own any of her videos I definitely recommend "Walk Off Fat Fast" (has a 20, 30, and 40 minute walk), "10 Minute Walk Blasters" (10, 10 minute walks you can mix & match your own workout!), and "Belly Blasting Walk" (fun two mile walk) for sure. I've been rotating those three along with a 5 mile one from YouTube that has 5, 12 minute miles that I use on days where I want to get my step goal done pretty quickly - this one gets me like 8000 steps in an hour :) The video is posted in a playlist by Pat S that you can find searching "Leslie Sansone 5 Mile Walk"

Even though I do other workouts I definitely credit Leslie's videos with helping me lose weight and improve my fitness. Plus I just love her personality :)

Thanks for the input an suggestions. I've done three of the videos in the last 4 days, and plan to do one of the short ones again tonight. I am seeing a raise in my metabolism, and that's just what I was hoping for. :)

another fan here ! I have several that I rotate depending on how intense I want to workout; usually 2-3 miles. There are a couple that have mix and match miles to vary the workout. Check your library or video store to try some out before you buy. my DVDs are not in front of me, but if you want specific titles, tag me in a reply and i'll bring them up to type out exactly what they are . Great job getting moving!

I've been able to find a good variety of her stuff on YouTube, and have been alternating her videos with Jessica Smith, who does something similar. Her interval workout just about killed me. :) I figure as long as I can find good ones on YouTube, I'm going to do that, at least for a while.

Still no additional weight loss, but I am managing to do a video 3-4 days a week, and I can feel it in my muscles (esp the backside ones!). I adjusted my activity level in MFP, b/c I kept the same weight for a full mo even though I was at or under their calorie suggestion all but about 4 days. I just did that this weekend, so we'll see how far I get between the videos and the lower calorie counts.

I love the WATP videos and have been incorporating them into my workout routine to supplement my goal of completing 12 5ks in 2015. Gotta build up the stamina for miles and miles of WDW walking in May 2016!

I used them to get exercise, not lose weight, and liked them. As OP said, they are easy to use at home, wearing whatever is comfortable, and do seem to help raise the metabolism a little.

I use Leslie Sansone's 1 mile WATP as one of my regular go-to work outs... When I first started working out - the gym wasn't an option (still isn't), I live in a small town, the nearest gym is a 20 mile drive... it just wasn't going to happen for me.

I was so out of shape, I could only do the 1 mile with out weights - and even that was a HUGE effort... But I kept at it... adding weights and upping weights... I now do the 1 mile 3x per week with 8# weights. I could go higher with the weights I use, but I use WATP as my "recovery" work out now, on the days I don't run or heavy lift. :) It's a great work out and it can be done any time and any where. :)

D~

I use them and Jessica Smith as well. I have a pretty extensive DVD collection, around 200 in total and have my own workout room in our basement. You will find yourself able to do more and more as you go along, make sure you mix in some strength training (I only us 6 lbs max) and some yoga/stretching type training as well. I used to run but blew out my knees and as I've gotten older have had to adjust my workout routines. I'm 58 so I can understand your frustrations with getting the weight off as you get older. Look at JessicaSmithTV as well, she has hundreds of utube videos available and most of them are low impact.

I see you mentioned not having to worry about shoes. I think that a pair of walking shoes (does not have to be super expensive) even while at home will help you in the long run. From my personal experience, I tend to up my effort level/not give up as fast/and feel better afterward when I have proper footwear. For me it is just "comfier", but I know everyone is different.

And I know where you are coming from about cold weather and darkness...I'm not looking forward to winter and heading back to the gym treadmills (and I'm "lucky" because my gym is only three minutes away.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter