Anyone have 50th Anniversary Room Only reservations yet?

We had planned to go at the end of October, I didn't realize the anniversary was right on Oct. 1. Early October always makes me a little nervous due to hurricanes but it would be super special to be there right for the anniversary.

I just called and got the Poly!! We arrive 9/29. When I mentioned it was my 50th too, CM said there are "lots of surprises" in store for guests. It really made me happy. Thank you to everyone for getting the information for us on here.

yes! and the CM stated that we are locked into 2020 prices so if Disney decides to raise prices for 2021 rack rates, we won't see an increase on our resort stay unless we decide to change the reservation to a package which I do not plan to this time around :)
Is this true you are locked into a rate? When I called I was told thectate could change when the new rates are posted

yes! and the CM stated that we are locked into 2020 prices so if Disney decides to raise prices for 2021 rack rates, we won't see an increase on our resort stay unless we decide to change the reservation to a package which I do not plan to this time around :)
Do you happen to know if you modify your dates do you loose the rate that you were given at the time of booking? I am looking into a room only reservation for part of the 50th anniversary doing a split stay between DVC/ and room only.

Do you happen to know if you modify your dates do you loose the rate that you were given at the time of booking? I am looking into a room only reservation for part of the 50th anniversary doing a split stay between DVC/ and room only.
The CM told me if i subtract nights, the price won't be affected. If I want to add more dates or change resorts, the price will reflect the 2021 rates once released.

We do have two sets of room only reservations for next year, since we have no idea what's happening this year or next. But in any situation we won't be there for the actual anniversary now that they will be waiting for October to start celebrating. But that's okay with us because we prefer lower crowds and I expect the 50th won't bring that, LOL!

So if we book room only, are we able to add tickets and dining? Or do we have to completely rebook?

I know there's nothing definitive on this but what are people's thoughts that the 50th celebrations might start from July or earlier? If only we had a crystal ball!

I know there's nothing definitive on this but what are people's thoughts that the 50th celebrations might start from July or earlier? If only we had a crystal ball!

Rumor has it that was the plan, but now they’ll start later/on the actual date.

Darn. Well, we can't change our dates as it will tie in with a conference of hubby's - oh well. We haven't been since 2018 so haven't seen Galaxy's Edge or anything like that so it will still be exciting for us. Just hoping for not too many closures :/

yeah my thoughts are Disney will be extending the celebrations way into 2022 and possibly into 2023 as a way to curb the crowds next year. I also think Disney will be keeping some of the social distancing measures as per the UNWTO and WHO for awhile. Like I said on a previous post, we need to erase our previous expectations on the 50th anniversary... things are going to be different for a few years while we recuperate from COVID both socially and economically.

Can I ask a question - and apologies if it is a silly one - if my arrival date if 9/29, do I need to make a Park Pass reservation once I have tickets? The package is room-only right now at the Poly, and I was told when I booked it by the CM that I can't add tickets yet. Based on what everyone has said about the system, the reservation process for Park Pass seems to end on 9/26. Is this just because my time to book tickets hasn't occurred yet? Any thoughts/ideas are welcome!

Can I ask a question - and apologies if it is a silly one - if my arrival date if 9/29, do I need to make a Park Pass reservation once I have tickets? The package is room-only right now at the Poly, and I was told when I booked it by the CM that I can't add tickets yet. Based on what everyone has said about the system, the reservation process for Park Pass seems to end on 9/26. Is this just because my time to book tickets hasn't occurred yet? Any thoughts/ideas are welcome!

Because your arrival date is past 26 SEP, you will not be able to purchase tickets until today. You will need to call reservations though to make it a package.

We have a split stay planned. First, in September, we got room only at wilderness lodge CL and switching to contemporary MK view the day before the 50th, staying till sunday. Planning on being in MK on the 50th.

Can you actually call Disney right now and book a room only for October 2021? Or is it just for September arrivals that run over into October?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!