Anyone have a Canon Elph camera?

sherry7

DIS Veteran
Hi Dis'ers. I am considering getting a new camera for our September trip. I like my old 35mm zoom camera, but it is just a little too large and heavy to tote around the parks. I will be looking for a regular camera, not a digital one. I have briefly looked at the Canon Elph's and like the small size of them. Does anyone have a Canon Elph or something similar? What model do you have? How do you like it? Thanks!

HI....I have a Canon Elph camera and I love it...it's sooooo small and the photos come out wonderful.........it's a great WDW camera....You'll love it too:D

We just bought the Elph 270 camera. We also have a 35 mm which is a pain for Disney. We love the Elph!

I love them so much I have two. I bought the cute silver metal neckstraps for them. My husband used one at WDW and I used the other.

We bought our Elph camera over three years ago when they first came out and we still use it. Last year we also bought a digital camera as well and carried both of them thru the park and while on our Disney cruise. I still like the Elph better. It is so tiny that my husband attaches the leather case to his belt strap and when we're not using it he hardly even knows it's there. We never have to worry about stowing it while on the rides and the only complaint I have about ours is that the flash doesn't go down anymore so we have to push it down before putting it back in it's case. (I think the new ones don't have the retractable flash, so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

I highly recommend it. It takes great pictures and because it's Advantix, you can take panoramics for those wide shots that are hard to get with a regular camera.

A MUST for WDW!

I LOVE my Elph. I have had cheaper Advantix cameras and the Elph's pictures look a hundred times better. I highly recommend it. And it is so compact, it fits in any pocket.

We have also had the Cannon ELPH for 3 yeas and our flash won't go down anymore either. Have to push is down to get it back in the case. That said, I LOVE this camera. It is a perfect size and takes great pictures. I highly recommend it!

Thanks for the replies. What models do you guys have? When I was looking on the Canon website, I noticed they had several.

I'd be interested to know, too. I need a new camera, and I've looked at these several times. Maybe it's time to break down and get one! :)

I got the Basic one.....no zoom on it but it still takes wonderful photos -- we have a few other cameras that take zoom shots so I didn't want the added weight to it......was only $79

Hi! I have the Elph Sport. It's a little bigger than the other Elph cameras, but still small enough to fit into a small purse or waist pack. It takes great quality pictures, and the best part is that it's water proof! You can get some great pics while on Splash or Kali, and it's perfect for the water parks :D

Hi!! I also have the Elph sport and I LOVE this camera. The only thing I wish it had is a zoom lens. One of the newer Elph versions does have this option so you may want to check them all out. I got this camera specifically for WDW and I thought the pictures were great. I have been using an Olympus 35mm forever and it takes fantastic pics but it was just too big to haul through the parks. I highly recommend the Elph!!!

CatOne:bounce:

Maybe I had a bad camera or something, I had gotten an Elph for Xmas, can't remember the model #, I want to say the 60 or something like that (it was definitely the lower end, cheapest one). It took terrible pictures. They weren't clear at all, I tried changing the camera settings as well as the film. I gave up on it and was allowed to upgrade to a digital Elph S100 (at the store we purchased it at originally), now that, I JUST LOVE!

I just bought the Elph LT 260 a few months ago. It has a small zoom (is that how you would describe it? LOL). It takes very good pictures. Not as well as my Minolta 140EX Freedom Zoom. However, it is very lightweight and compact which makes it a wonderful vacation camera!! My reason for buying this camera was for vacations and I love it for that purpose. I don't think I would want it for an 'only' camera. However, I realize I am very picky when it comes to pictures.....zoom is an absolute necessity!! That would be my only complaint....I wanted a much (bigger) zoom....not a bigger camera though! LOL!

From all the posts, I don't think you'd be sorry with a purchase of the Elph.

I have the Elph 2, IX240; it does have a small zoom. It cost about $199.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter