Anyone have Aquatica reports?

I'm SURE it is a safety issue. My question is why is it a safety issue at one Busch park, but not at another?
Different states, different bureaucracies? Just a guess, but I'd think it only logical that park officials (who have probably a cumulative experience of decades with water parks) want to accommodate their guests as much as possible without running afoul of the local inspectors. Could it be that after all those hanging chads, Florida inspectors have gotten more hard-nosed? :rotfl:

Ok, so life totally got in the way before I could post the pictures I promised. Others may have already posted similar pics, but if anyone's interested, here's my web album with 89 different shots of the park! I do have shots of the food we ate that day as well as most of the signs for the rides that list their restrictions and policies and stuff if there are questions about those.

http://picasaweb.google.com/iwynlea

We have a platinum pass because we love water country USA and Busch Gardens. Will this allow us entry into Aquatica? I know it will allow entry into Sea World. Thanks.

I think the official line is you must upgrade your Plat' pass to add Aquatica if you've read the other posts on this topic. It MAY depend on when you bought the pass.....

HOWEVER as I noted elsewhere, the park, and the many folks at the ticket windows are new. And the answers one gets to this question vary....some have reported that their Plat was scanned and in they went, while the website says no....

Your best bet is probably to call guest relations with your PP # 1-888-800-5447

I noted that my 1 year passport for SW and AQ should provide free regular parking, but I was handed a preferred pass for free....:rolleyes1

Maybe he just liked me

Not sure whether this has been asked but is it OK to walk and go into the rides with watershoes on? I'm diabetic so I can't really walk around barefoot. :confused3
TIA! :cool1:

Not sure whether this has been asked but is it OK to walk and go into the rides with watershoes on? I'm diabetic so I can't really walk around barefoot. :confused3
TIA! :cool1:

Yes, and in fact that relates to one of my gripes. Unlike many other waterparks, there's no place to park your shoes near where you get on line for an attraction. I can't handle walking barefoot all day when the concrete reacts to 100 degree heat / full sun.....

They had some decent looking watershoes in the shops....not too $$

***clarrification: water shoes on all attractions was OK in my observation****

Hi again -

iwynlea, thanks for the photos those are great.

i'm working on the questions about the platinum pass and water shoes. For those who have been to Aquatica already, feel free to also post a review on TripAdvisor.com. There are good reviews there and I'm sure people would appreciate your advice about the park.

Ok finally - a few more of your questions are answered! Let me know if I have missed anything. Capt_BJ - I hope answer #4 is helpful for you. :)

Is the kids area enclosed?

Aquatica’s children’s attraction, Kata’s Kookaburra Cove, has two entrances and two exits to the area. The attraction was built knowing that parents of young children wish to be close proximity with them at all times. With guest comfort top of mind, we placed in the close surrounding areas a nursing mothers’ room, a first aid station and family restrooms. This is to limit the amount of 'wandering' that children will need to do to find the facilities or assistance they may need, keeping them closer to their families. In addition, park guidelines state that parents should be closely supervising any children under 48 inches tall.

Are animal exhibitions (on foot or in a viewing area) and feeding times all noted on the map/park literature?

In the short term, we aim to provide a feeding schedule for the Commerson’s Dolphin exhibit, as we realize this is an exciting time of day for our guests. In regard to birds and other species that are seen regularly at Aquatica, there is currently no set schedule for when they will appear. One of the reasons is that certain species are weather sensitive and we take precautions to ensure that that our animals are both comfortable and safe when interacting with park guests. We hope that these random appearances by various animals will add elements of surprise and intrigue to our guests.

Wheelchair accessibility:

Aquatica has taken steps to ensure that our park is enjoyable for those using wheelchairs. Sand wheelchairs are available for rent at gift shop “Sunnies and Such.”All park pathways are ADA accessible to all attractions -- until the point where a guest would reach the stairs to the rides’ towers. Aquatica has met all ADA guidelines in regard to for handrails, closed risers and width and height of attraction steps. Roa’s Rapids, the rapid river attraction, has beach entry (no stairs) and is not recommended for those who cannot walk, due to the quick pace of the currant, which moves guests at 5 ft. per second. However, if a guest is not able to access steps, Aquatica offers many other attractions to enjoy, including two wave pools; Loggerheads Lane, a lazy river; and a family interactive area called Walkabout Waters.

Why are customers allowed to float on vests down a lazy river at one Busch park (in VA), but not at Aquatica?

Water Country Williamsburg features a lazy river in which guests use inner tubes, and a “rapid” river in which guests use life vests. While some rides at Water Country Williamsburg, owned and operated by Busch Entertainment Company, and Aquatica may appear to be similar to our guests, they are actually quite different in nature. Requirements for each waterpark attraction differ based on guidelines provided by the ride manufacturer. These are meant to ensure guest safety based on many factors including the ride type, ride dynamics and water depth.

Your next job will be with the Federal Government right?

Ok finally - a few more of your questions are answered! Let me know if I have missed anything. Capt_BJ - I hope answer #4 is helpful for you. :)

Why are customers allowed to float on vests down a lazy river at one Busch park (in VA), but not at Aquatica?

While some rides at Water Country Williamsburg, owned and operated by Busch Entertainment Company, and Aquatica may appear to be similar to our guests, they are actually quite different in nature. Requirements for each waterpark attraction differ based on guidelines provided by the ride manufacturer. These are meant to ensure guest safety based on many factors including the ride type, ride dynamics and water depth.

I rode 'em both bucko....

have you?

Had you, I suspect you'd have the same opinion of this reply as I do....alto I admire your effort for trying.

case closed for this unit.....p.s. the VA version is MUCH better

LOL - i don't work for the feds and not planning on it; but i do live in Washington DC - perhaps too much time around the gov't.

thanks for you help on all this Capt BJ

Yes, and in fact that relates to one of my gripes. Unlike many other waterparks, there's no place to park your shoes near where you get on line for an attraction. I can't handle walking barefoot all day when the concrete reacts to 100 degree heat / full sun.....

They had some decent looking watershoes in the shops....not too $$

***clarrification: water shoes on all attractions was OK in my observation****

Watershoes are NOT allowed on the Dolphin Plunge. That was the only ride I was asked to remove them for, though!

Watershoes are NOT allowed on the Dolphin Plunge. That was the only ride I was asked to remove them for, though!

That's fine, I didn't plan on doing the Dolphin Plunge thing anyway. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

It's spring break and the kids are nagging constant to go to Aquatica...

Does anyone know if the option to buy Sea World/Aquatica passes include the "pay and come back all year" option?

We don't get to Tampa often, so I'd rather not go through the expense of passports....

It's spring break and the kids are nagging constant to go to Aquatica...

Does anyone know if the option to buy Sea World/Aquatica passes include the "pay and come back all year" option?

We don't get to Tampa often, so I'd rather not go through the expense of passports....

At the risk of a wrist slap....you're looking for a deal on the newest park in Orlando? Yes, SW is pay for a day and go all year, and other deals for FL residents BUT .... try to combine that with Aquatica and bye bye ....

You're back to standard two park rates. If I am wrong however, feel free to tell me how much money I wasted by buying 3 two park passports :confused3

After an hour on the web that's the answer I came to....

btw....Tampa?

We have a platinum pass because we love water country USA and Busch Gardens. Will this allow us entry into Aquatica? I know it will allow entry into Sea World. Thanks.

We have the same platinum passes and were able to use them at Aquatica this past Sunday. We purchased the passes in May 2007. Not sure if we were just lucky. We were also given free preferred parking :)

I jus bought platinum passes for BG Williamsburg ( I live here) and it does include Aquatica.:goodvibes

Are regular wheelchairs rented? Price? I can answer my own question. I just found out wheelchairs are $12 a day and can be reserved from the Aquatica site.

I really don't want to bring my scooter with me to a waterpark. Last year, I brought it to Typhoon Lagoon and never thought about the seat absorbing the water from my swim suit. Needless-to-say, the next day at AK I kept wondering why my shorts were constantly wet. I obviously don't wet my pants!!! It took me a few minutes to figure it out. I was so embarassed having a wet bottom all day and kept explaining the situation to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter