Anyone have Aquatica reports?

Does Aquatica let you wear t-shirts on slides?
Or do they make you take it off?

It depends on the ride

They were being very 'protective' of the 'dolphin slide', no water shoes or t-shirts. But every other ride we went on they were OK as I recall.

Quick report from yesterday (Saturday)--this was a weekend, of course, weekdays are probably different, at least until school lets out.

Surprise, surprise, park was closed when I left at 1:00, noticed the steady stream of people in had subsided by noon, so possibly as early as then. I overheard one woman say it took her an hour and half to get in.

Although there are lockers throughout the park, the line at the main rental counter as you go in get long very quickly. By 10, the "official" opening time, there were lines both to rent a locker and then to get access to the locker itself! The rental line was easily 75 people long, probably over 100.

Maps are only available in the gift shops. There's no map container at the entryway. No map signs, yet, either, and the signage with its cutesy names doesn't help much. Lot of lost people yesterday.

The chairs as you walk in fill up quickly--within minutes like at Typhoon--but by lunch there were still a few empty on the far right side of the park. This sort of reveals the fatal flaw of AQ--most of the "E-tickets" are clumped together at the front of the park. There's no "weenie," to quote Walt Disney, to draw people to the fringes. At lunch, Waterstone Grill (near the entrance) was slammed, but the pizza place, toward the back of the park, had literally NO wait. Something to keep in mind.

Lines seemed worst at the dolphin slide and the "toilet bowl" slides, but even the "line-less" rides, like the lazy river, took a couple minutes to get on, there were just so many people coming and going.

Temps had to be upper 80s, and those concrete walkways were definitely starting to get hot. Those things will be brutal by August. I really expected them to bring in more sand (at least by the cabanas) but doesn't seem like that's happening.

Curious to see if the reports of crowds eventually create a backlash, or if it's like Disney during Christmas week--people just accept it and come anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!