Anyone have experience getting good solo cruise prices?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

I haven't been on a Disney cruise in over 10 years and I miss it.

Now that I am retired, I could go on short notice.

And I am open to other ships, too.

Has anyone experience doing this?

Ray

I haven't been on a Disney cruise in over 10 years and I miss it.

Now that I am retired, I could go on short notice.

And I am open to other ships, too.

Has anyone experience doing this?

Ray

With cruising, you will pay for double occupancy even though you are going solo so you can't expect to get really great deals, but if you are flexible with dates you can look for *GT fares. These typically come out after the PIF date for the cruise. They aren't offered on every cruise so you need to keep an eye out for them. If you are a Floirida resident, there are FL resident discounts you could look into. Highest fares will be during holidays, summer, and other school breaks. Lowest fares are often in September and October due to hurricane season.

DCL is typically higher priced than some other cruise lines so if you don't have your heart set on DCL, check out other lines for lower fares.

With cruising, you will pay for double occupancy even though you are going solo so you can't expect to get really great deals, but if you are flexible with dates you can look for *GT fares. These typically come out after the PIF date for the cruise. They aren't offered on every cruise so you need to keep an eye out for them. If you are a Floirida resident, there are FL resident discounts you could look into. Highest fares will be during holidays, summer, and other school breaks. Lowest fares are often in September and October due to hurricane season.

DCL is typically higher priced than some other cruise lines so if you don't have your heart set on DCL, check out other lines for lower fares.

Hi, Maggie'sMom. Thanks for the info. I remember the time when a solo was one and a half cost on Disney Wonder. I'm a Georgia resident and I will keep an eye out for the GT and PIF.

I have cruised in the RCCL solo balcony cabins. They book well in advance but I really enjoyed it. I did a 14-night cruise in/out of New York.

NCL also offers solo studios on their newer ships. They are in a specific area of the ships and offer have a dedicated lounge where solos can meet.

Thank you, Marc D.

Just be aware that they are inside and TINY. My TA knows I live in NYC and knows the size of apartments here and when I asked her about them, her words were “Think of the tiniest apartment you know of, make it smaller and take away the windows.” Eek.

I have only cruised solo once and that was on Disney when my wife was unable to cruise with me due to work, so we had paid for two.
I just did a quick google search and found a site talking about solo cruise deals that listed cruises with single supplement waived or reduced.

If you're into river cruising, several lines offer zero single supplement. Check out Tauck and AmaWaterways. (I couldn't find a link to the Ama single pricing, but I see it in my physical catalog of theirs.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter