Anyone have recipe for sweet&sour sauce using apricot jam?

Boots

<font color=green>Smiling at you!!!</font><br><fon
My mother used this all the time and I can not find her old recipe. It was very simple and she used it for dipping either meatballs or those small sausages in. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it! Thanks!

# 4 oz. apricot jam
# 2 oz. water
# 2 oz. finely diced yellow onion
# 2 oz. white vinegar
# 2 oz. sugar
#

Sweet and Sour Sauce

1. Mix all ingredients well and simmer over a low flame until the mixture has thickened slightly and the sugar has dissolved.

2. Let sauce cool.

Thank you! Probably is it. I looked for it on line too and couldn't seem to fine it. A nice big hug to you!!!:)

I have a really easy one that I use with sliced pork tenderloin. I just mix apricot jam with dijon mustard to taste and then, I heat over the stove. It is so yummy....

The one I found was 1/2 c. apricot jam, 1/2 russian dressing and one envelope of onion soup mix....mix it up and put it in the crock pot...I tried it on the stove and didn't cook it long enough...the onion was still crunchy! lol...still tasted good though.

Holycow

we use apricot jam and chili sauce... one bottle of each, melted together....makes a great sweet and sour sauce.....similar to the grape jelly and chili sauce recipe but a little different flavor.

I found a Apricot preserves and BBQ sauce recipe on the kraft website last week.. at the last minute i made sweet and sour meatballs for a party, it worked out great and was simple too.. It was half the apricot stuff and 1/2 c of BBQ, heated on the stove --- I let the meatballs simmer in it for a long time and they were great!

The grape jelly and chili mentioned above sounds interesting.. I'll have to look it up, what is it called?

--heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter