Anyone have the Sweet Pot.w/Root Beer recipe from Holl & Vine?

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
Super Moderator
I know it sounds awful, but the sweet potatoes in root beer sauce at Hollywood and Vine we great and unusual. Anybody know how they were made? It looked like the potatoes were in 1/4" slices and dry baked or grilled, then topped with the Root Beer sauce.

I'm wondering if they use regular root beer and just heat it until it reduces (it tasted like it)... or make a simple syrup and add root beer flavor and color...maybe I'll experiment.

These potatoes must be very good since so many people have asked for the recipe. Enjoy!

Rootbeer Sweet Potatoes Sauce
Hollywood & Vine

1 quart rootbeer
1 cup bourbon
1 ounce lemon juice
6 ounces water
3 ounces corn starch
2 ounces butter
pinch of ground cloves

Mix corn starch with water, set aside. Bring all other ingredients to a boil in a pot. Add corn starch mixture. Sauce is now ready to be poured on sweet potatoes.

Slice fresh sweet potatoes in 1/2" circles, bake in 350 degree oven until soft. Remove from oven, pour glaze over and they are ready to serve.

more Disney recipes

Thank You!! :bounce:
boldpurple.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter