• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone having touble with their new pins??

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I just love my new pin. I have been wearing it daily since I got it!! The backing keeps falling off and luckily I have caught it in time.

Well, today I almost lost one for sure!! I was in Target and it fell off and went under a refrigerator case!!! I was devastated. The security man came over and ask what the problem was as my DD's and I were on the floor. I explained the importance of the pin and within 30 minutes I had my Patriotic Mickey in my hands.

My pins are now on my DD's lanyard and will stay there.

Please be careful not to lose yours.

I had the same problem w/ mine in the grocery store and was also devastated! Here I am bragging :p to my mom about the beautiful pin!! My mom suggested going to the jewelry store and seeing if they had any suggestions. It may be an option, I would hate to loose it!

Oh yeah, I did find the backing later on that nite while putting on my pj's ;) :D

I've had a problem with mine too, but DH isn't having any with the other one. We've been wearing ours to the Skate America competition the last few days. Several people have commented on them. When we say that Disney sent them to us, they usually ask 'Just how often DO you go to Disney?'

I've been thinking about going to a craft store (Michael's/Hobby Lobby) and getting a pin-type clasp to attach to the back. I know this would reduce its 'value', but I'm not planning on selling. If I can't wear it, it doesn't have a lot of value anyway. I would be heartbroken if I lost mine.

I am having the same trouble!! That is very strange. I have been proudly wearing mine on my coat and the same thing keeps happening. Now I find myself constantly checking it. The other pin is still on the paper. Maybe that is why we all got 2 to begin with!! This is such a nice gift, I would hate to lose it!!!
Lisa

I've only worn one, and it seems fine. Not sure of the other one yet.

I have lost other pins tho at WDW that I had on my backpack. But I would really hate to lose these DVC ones.

If you use rubber pin-backings on those pins they'll be less likely to fall off. These rubber replacements are sold at the parks on just about every pin cart. They cost about a buck and the pack comes with a dozen or so of these backings. I use them whenever I wear my pins at the parks and have yet to loose a single one since I switched over.

I'm having a problem, I haven't got one yet :( LOL. Hopefully they will arrive soon

I had the same problem with mine too. DH isn't, but I made him take it off after mine fell off!

I "lost" it the first time I wore it, but found it the next day. I even went back to the mall and retraced my steps, I was SOOO upset! The next day I found it under the toe space in the kitchen. WHEW! I put it in a SAFE place now!

These pins came with the black rubber backing. I plan on going to the craft store today to see if I can find something more secure for it. I love wearing it but will not if it continues to fall off!!!

No, the ones sold at the carts are tan colored and fit much tighter on the pin than those cheap black ones. These pin backings are also available on the internet from various sources. If you need help ordering them drop me a pm or email and I'll pass along the info.

The machines that the postal service uses to process the mail have damaged the rubber backs. The pins themselves sometimes get bent by the machines. The backs I got on new pins at the Disney Store are the same but they stay on. Thanks for the tip about replacement backs at WDW. We always seem to lose backs.:smooth:

I've only worn mine twice, no problems but.........
After the second time I forgot to remove the pin from my shirt. It went through the washer and dryer. When I was folding the clothes I found the pin still firmly attached to the shirt! I had been going crazy looking for it.

I'm also in the "didn't get them yet" bunch...so far that's the only problem I've had! Perhaps they fell off the mail truck! LOL

I am glad that I read your warning yesterday! I was driving to work this morning and I felt something drop into my lap...it was my pin. I wouldn't have even thought about it otherwise. I was frantic thinking that I could have lost it. ( I did lose a flag pin the first day that I wore it!)

I will try the other clasp that was mentioned.
Thanks,
June:bounce:

One of my pins will stay on with no problem, but the other one constantly falls off. I thought it was just my not putting it on tight enough. Now I know it is a problem with the backing, and will try to replace it.

There are different qualities to those rubber backings. The ones that came with the DVC pins are of lower quality. Those tannish colored ones someone mentioned are better. The rubber is more "pliable" and tends to grip the pin better. I have some that are VERY difficult to remove! Don't ruin your pins by modifying them....just get a better backing!!

The back of an earring works very well, but may be painful if worn on a shirt versus a blazer or jacket. I lost the back to a pin once and cut an erase off a pencil top and used it for the backing--it fit very snug and didn't hurt!

Give it a try...better than risking losing a pin...more cost-effective, too!

M*M
:)

The rubber locks can be replaced with a jewler's clip. I used these when I replaced the backings of my service ribbons and name tag. They are spring loaded and only come off when you pull the clamp at the base. Each cost about $2, but well worth the price. I already replace the rubber clamps on my pins with the these. :)

you should check with a local police or fire uniform store in search of pinlocks.
they go on with a small allen wrench and secure very well
police badge and medals never come off until removed
this saves many valuable items from being lost

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter