Anyone Hear This News?

prez65

Mouseketeer
I heard that Disney is planning on building another theme park near SSR.... PIXAR PARK STUDIOS..(or something to that effect)..They supposed to be starting construction in late 2007....early 2008. Can anyone tell me if they had heard anything about this.....?

Haven't heard this and I doubt it would happen.

There have been press releases where Igar has said there wouldn't be a 5th park.

Doubtful

If disney wanted to do anything with Pixar (whom they do not own) it would be to add one or more attraction(s) inside MGM or interactive games to Disney Quest utilizing their great graphic capabilities (I'm all for this as DQ needs a revamp BAD!)

I'm pretty sure Disney will own Pixar starting sometime in June.

Maybe this is the new SSR incentive. ;)

The only reason I feel this might be happening is the fact that Disney will own Pixar soon.
I think it would be pretty wild if it does happen.....nothing like another park option!

They have already incorporated Nemo into the Living Seas. The Incredibles have a meet & greet, Toy Story has "Space Ranger Spin." Remember, Disney has had the theme park rights to the Pixar characters for a long time. They haven't done much with the Muppets, either. I don't think any group of characters will be getting a new park anytime soon.

Nor do I think there is enough room near SSR for any sort of major park. WDW warehousing and the LBV golf course would be in the way.

I don't think Iger's announcement of "no 5th park" is meant to be a permanent state of affairs; it's more a period of retrenchment. If WDW wants to continue to grow its visitor numbers (and DVC sales), it's going to NEED another park at some point. All those people are going to need more room to play. It might not be in the next 3 or 5 years, but we'll eventually see another park.

DisFlan

Hey Prez, What is the source of this rumor? Disgruntled SSR owners? DVC guide? Friend? press release? pure speculation on your part? There is no room there for a theme park so I'm with Chuck.

DisFlan said:
I don't think Iger's announcement of "no 5th park" is meant to be a permanent state of affairs; it's more a period of retrenchment.

But Iger stated at month's Annual Stockholder meeting that there is no fifth gate planned for WDW. Why would he do an about face in such a short period of time?

And actually I've been hearing the Pixar Park rumor for quite a while now. Originally I heard that DCA would become Pixar Park

gammieatwdw said:
Hey Prez, What is the source of this rumor? Disgruntled SSR owners? DVC guide? Friend? press release? pure speculation on your part? There is no room there for a theme park so I'm with Chuck.
One, I am to new to the boards to start rumors...Two, I am to new a DVC SSR member to be Disgruntled.......I have a friend in the construction business that is currently doing some work on SSR and I heard it from him......After I heard it from him...I questioned the salesperson at the sales presentation which I kept very short because I went there with all intentions on purchasing on the spot (not because of what I heard about the new park maybe opening but because I have been thinking of doing this for years) and I was told that they heard no such thing "at this time"...but anything is possible...I than asked the Old Man who drove me back to my resort after leaving SSR and had asked him and he said "probably will build another park.....they all seem to make money"....so I was just asking if anyone else has heard such a thing? My friend might be bragging on all the work he will be getting and the old man might have just been agreeing to what I asked.....you know the old Customer is Always Right Deal......

1000th happy haunt said:
But Iger stated at month's Annual Stockholder meeting that there is no fifth gate planned for WDW. Why would he do an about face in such a short period of time?

I don't think he meant ever. I think he meant for during the next planning cycle.

DisFlan

prez65 said:
One, I am to new to the boards to start rumors...Two, I am to new a DVC SSR member to be Disgruntled.......I have a friend in the construction business that is currently doing some work on SSR and I heard it from him......After I heard it from him...I questioned the salesperson at the sales presentation which I kept very short because I went there with all intentions on purchasing on the spot (not because of what I heard about the new park maybe opening but because I have been thinking of doing this for years) and I was told that they heard no such thing "at this time"...but anything is possible...I than asked the Old Man who drove me back to my resort after leaving SSR and had asked him and he said "probably will build another park.....they all seem to make money"....so I was just asking if anyone else has heard such a thing? My friend might be bragging on all the work he will be getting and the old man might have just been agreeing to what I asked.....you know the old Customer is Always Right Deal......
CM's are notorious for passing along rumors, but they are just that. Rumors.

After reading this thread I decide to search out Pixar theme parks on google. To my surprise I actually found something. Its a report about how the execs at Disney are not happy with WDW and would like to better it. There is also a shift of employment from Pixar to Disney's Imangineering office. They do talk about improving current attractions and also mention a Pixar Park. The Pixar Park rumor was actually started by Pixar and Disney execs. Most feel its a PR ploy though. But can you imagine how SSR sales would pick up with that rumor out there.
Brownie

I hope this is true, it would certainly take away some of the burden SSR has placed upon the other resorts.

DisFlan said:
I don't think he meant ever. I think he meant for during the next planning cycle.

DisFlan

I fully agree with you. I believe the comment was made by Iger that know 5th theme park is 'planned'. He can make an announcement tomorrow (though unlikely) that a 5th park is now 'planned'.

disney junky said:
CM's are notorious for passing along rumors, but they are just that. Rumors.

Thats what I'm thinking. I highly doubt that a new park is coming any time soon, even if there were a little space around SSR I can't see them putting it there even if they were planning for a new park.

prez65 said:
One, I am to new to the boards to start rumors.....
But that is exactly why some of think you ARE starting rumors! It isn't like a newbie to come in and start something controversial right out of the box.

As for the "rumor"...It's just that, and goes into the HIGHLY doubtful catagory.

Stitch 03 said:
I fully agree with you. I believe the comment was made by Iger that know 5th theme park is 'planned'. He can make an announcement tomorrow (though unlikely) that a 5th park is now 'planned'.

But either enough time needs to pass or the environment needs to be significantly different, or he opens himself up to shareholder lawsuits. I think "tomorrow" would be really fast, and you won't see any new parks in Florida go into "planning" for 3-5 years. I really doubt you'll ever see a fifth major park in Florida, but I've been wrong before. Disney's corporate expansion doesn't need to happen in Orlando - I'd expect a theme park in India, perhaps South America, before another WDW park is built.

dianeschlicht said:
But that is exactly why some of think you ARE starting rumors! It isn't like a newbie to come in and start something controversial right out of the box.

As for the "rumor"...It's just that, and goes into the HIGHLY doubtful catagory.
It was asked as a question....if anyone else has heard this? I did not intend to start something contrversial...especially being as new as I am. I just thought I would ask....Either way it did not have an effect on my reason to purchase into DVC....I love going to Disney...I sometimes do not even go to the parks....sometimes just lounge around and enjoy the resorts.....which I will be doing at OKW end of June...can't wait!

I'll just sit and wait, to see what will take place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter