Anyone Hear This News?

browniemtb said:
After reading this thread I decide to search out Pixar theme parks on google. To my surprise I actually found something. Its a report about how the execs at Disney are not happy with WDW and would like to better it. There is also a shift of employment from Pixar to Disney's Imangineering office. They do talk about improving current attractions and also mention a Pixar Park. The Pixar Park rumor was actually started by Pixar and Disney execs. Most feel its a PR ploy though. But can you imagine how SSR sales would pick up with that rumor out there.
Brownie
Brownie, did they go into detail about why the execs aren't happy with WDW? It's hard to imagine because we love it so much....
Shannon

I thought the original buzz was for a thrill type park to compete w/the Universal element.

keishashadow said:
I thought the original buzz was for a thrill type park to compete w/the Universal element.

That buzz has been around since the MGM buzz. MGM was going to be the "Universal Model" Then AKL was going to be "like Busch Gardens" Both were going to have more thrill rides.

Disney seems to like spacing their thrill rides out between parks and keeping number of thrill rides fairly small. I think it helps them hit their target market (families), without encouraging the roving bands of teens that can put a damper on the "family experience." (Not all bands of teens, some are polite and respectful, but you know what I mean.) I also think that Disney has no desire to be Six Flags.

Stitch 03 said:
I fully agree with you. I believe the comment was made by Iger that know 5th theme park is 'planned'. He can make an announcement tomorrow (though unlikely) that a 5th park is now 'planned'.

Could have meant the "planning" part is over and now its in design. :rotfl:

Anyone remember the Disney park that was going to be built in northern Virginia? (It was going to be themed on colonial/civil war era/general purpose American history). This kind of planning takes place all the time. Some of them pan out, some don't. Disney's next park will likely be in Shanghai, but that doesn't mean they won't expand the flagship resort. Disney PR might like the public to think they own all that land in central Florida to show corporate eco-friendliness, but Walt didn't buy 47,000 acres to enjoy the scrub pine. They will build again.

I remember being disapointed by this oh so well! Around Manassas area as I recall.
Blue&Gold said:
Anyone remember the Disney park that was going to be built in northern Virginia? (It was going to be themed on colonial/civil war era/general purpose American history). This kind of planning takes place all the time. Some of them pan out, some don't. Disney's next park will likely be in Shanghai, but that doesn't mean they won't expand the flagship resort. Disney PR might like the public to think they own all that land in central Florida to show corporate eco-friendliness, but Walt didn't buy 47,000 acres to enjoy the scrub pine. They will build again.

Blue&Gold said:

Exactly! Walt,s plan was that it never be finished. He planned to keep adding! I just watched a show on it a couple of weeks ago. I had seen something similar a couple of years ago. They cannot just keep adding places to stay without more parks.

Not sure you could build an entire park around 5 or 6 movies?

I read something about DIS going through and creating a 30 year plan for the remaining land (which resulted in the recent land sale). And, if I am correct (but may not be) I remember hearing that the next thing would be a smaller virtual reality park?

I have no knowledge on how DisneyQuest is doing from a business perspective - but - I think it a valid guess that DIS may:

If things are NOT going well at DQ:
1) Revamp DQ using a Pixar charachters and talent.
2) Replace DQ with a Pixar dedicated attraction.

If things are going VERY well at DQ:
1) They build a new DQ like reality thing using Pixar as the draw.

And - I can really see the new Cars movie will definately spin off a ride! Not sure Kids will want to hug a Honda!

bom_noite said:
And - I can really see the new Cars movie will definately spin off a ride! Not sure Kids will want to hug a Honda!

I actually am going to the premier the end of May. It is being held at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC during the Coca Cola 600 weekend. There will be 4 6 story screens set up for the 30,000 people expected.

I cannot wait!

twister said:
I hope this is true, it would certainly take away some of the burden SSR has placed upon the other resorts.
What burden?

keishashadow said:

this is just another rumor from my perspective , I have a friend who was in the college program ( I think it was 3 years ago now ) and she also had told me this rumor , you know to keep up with Universal

<-----not claiming to know anything but what i know

:teeth:

I for one hope they dont build a park next to my SSR! All those epcot resort owners will want to stay there than.. in MY HOME..the nerve of that riff raff!!! :banana:

I think they are going to add the Pixar name to Disney Studio's since MGM's contract is coming to an end.

NYBlue1 said:
I for one hope they dont build a park next to my SSR! All those epcot resort owners will want to stay there than.. in MY HOME..the nerve of that riff raff!!! :banana:
Even though I would like a park nearby, I'm with you. KEEP THOSE BEACH BUM RIFF RAFF OUT!!!!!!!!!

NYBlue1 said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Slakk said:
I actually am going to the premier the end of May. It is being held at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC during the Coca Cola 600 weekend. There will be 4 6 story screens set up for the 30,000 people expected.

I cannot wait!

Our tickets came in the mail a couple of weeks ago. I just wish it was on a different weekend. Traffic is so bad that weekend anyway!

There was an interview in the Orlando paper this weekend with Bob Iger

"Q: Is that, at least in the next couple of decades, an area of tremendous growth compared with theme park growth potential?

A: Since you used the time frame "a couple of decades," you'll see Disney building more parks internationally, and you'll see Disney expanding the vacation experience domestically a fair amount, and you will see expansion in California and in Florida, but again I doubt you'll see, at least in the next decade, a new gate."

Link to report on disboards...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1082510

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!