anyone here do WW without meetings or online?

Welcome!!! Hang in there and you will stop being so hungry. You will get used to eating less and it will be a lot easier. Another good tip is to spend more points on lean protein as that tends to keep you satisfied/full for a long time. You really can do it on your own as long as you are committed. Use us as your sounding board/confessional... instead of the meetings. Some people find the meetings helpful- but I could never get away for a meeting so I have done it on my own- and I have done very well on the plan. Any questions about ww or whatever- just fire away- that's what we're here for!:goodvibes

Thanks for the encouragement! I plan on getting on the treadmill in about ten minutes so I need it:laughing:

I did weight watchers without the meetings to lose about 80 pounds of my weight. The other 15 or so I did at the meetings. Then they just got too expensive and I didn't like them anymore(because of advice they were giving). I am still doing to points system trying to maintain/lose 1 or 2 pounds from time to time. What day do ya'll weigh in?:hippie:

I did weight watchers without the meetings to lose about 80 pounds of my weight. The other 15 or so I did at the meetings. Then they just got too expensive and I didn't like them anymore(because of advice they were giving). I am still doing to points system trying to maintain/lose 1 or 2 pounds from time to time. What day do ya'll weigh in?:hippie:

WOW! 95 pounds! What a great accomplishment. That is awesome. I weigh-in on Friday- so tomorrow is my day. The points system is really the most sensible thing I have come accross as far as dieting. Just plain old fashioned counting calories works for me too- but I like points because I'm more likely to choose high fiber things like fruit & veggies. I actually follow the old points system where your fiber grams count up to 10 grams per serving. It lets me eat more food :) I guess you lose more weight the new way- but so far it is working for me so I am happy.

I actually follow the old points system where your fiber grams count up to 10 grams per serving. It lets me eat more food :) I guess you lose more weight the new way- but so far it is working for me so I am happy.

I follow the old way as well. :thumbsup2 Perhaps you are right, and the possiblity to lose more weight sooner may exisit with the new system, but...the ONLY system that will work is the one you can stick to! :laughing: And like you, I want more food, even if it means it's going to take a little longer to get where I'm going. As long as I'm enjoying the ride, what does it matter? :drive:

Hey People- This thread has nearly dropped off the face of the Earth- and simultaneously I have gained a pound- coincidence- I think not.

How is everyone else doing?

I have a confession- I said a few weeks ago I was going to start walking- and I didn't. I am the queen of excuses- the weather, a headache, no time... I want to start again- but I don't really have a plan at this point to get it into my schedule. I need to do that soon- I am out of shape- even though my weight is somewhat under control at this point- I am still darn flabby. I really need to work on that.

Ok, I'll be honest -- I have not been logging my weights online, or even getting on the scale. I've been eating awfully, and I've just been avoiding it. I know, it's not going to go away if I ignore it. I promised myself I would start weighing again Mar. 1, and actually try to fill in the online food and exercise journals.

There's no reason I can't start sooner, I just don't seem to be motivated...I have no idea what I weigh right now, but I bet I've gained 5 or 6 lbs...

Maria:scared1:

You know this is a very bad time of the year- there is more depression... I am really feeling the lack of sunlight and warm weather bringing me down. I am trying to stay motivated even though the days have been dreary. Snacking is such an easy treat- but I can't get back into the habit of using snacks because of boredom or the blues. Trying to stay focussed so that when the warm weather comes I can put on my shorts and enjoy the weather- instead of facing that familiar springtime realization- 'another winter come and gone and I am still in my post-pregnancy shorts!' I think I have lost enough weight this winter that I can buy some smaller shorts - but I know I better lay off the snacks if I want to keep my weight down.

Hope everyone else is ok-
Hang in there - worfie- you will be ready to get back on track soon- and when you are ready I am here for ya- I have been where you are- I know you can do it!!!

I'm still alive and kickin' here! :rotfl2:

I have spent a good deal of the "new year" with illness in my house! :crazy2: We've had a virus that keeps going round and round....not the stomach bug thankfully :scared: but a sinus thing that keeps passing from one victim to the next. And guess what - TAG! I'm "IT" again! <grrrr> :headache:

But - I'm working out, eating fairly well (not always perfect...:rolleyes: ) and I think I've inched down a little bit.

So, I'll keep on making as many healthy choices as I can, and keep journalling (that's a biggie for me) and see where this journey takes me....:moped:

Just joining this little thread! :wave2:

I just started WW on Friday, so today is day 4. So far, so great. I really love the program. I was doing South Beach and this is SO SO SO much better for me. I work out A TON right now and I finally abandoned SB because I had 2 weeks in a row with no loss...I stuck to the program and was working out and was miserable with the food choices and still had no loss. So no sense continuing the misery, right?

I haven't yet decided about going to the meetings. I feel like I should get some more "official" information. I have one of the old slide-rule things, I was able to figure out how many points I get each day, etc. But when it comes to things like flex points and activity points, etc., I am at a total loss.

What do you think? Is it worth it to go to a few week's worth of meetings just so that I can get up to speed? Or is it not really worth it?

Thanks!

Hi Ladies!

I have been a bad bad bad girl. I am working out regularly and really doing well with exercise. My eating is off the charts. Totally. Completely. Ridiculously. I don't know why I can't seem to get control of myself, but it's just not happening. :sad2:

I am the last person to give advice, but here's what I'll say -- if you have never done WW before in any way, meetings are probably in order, just to learn the system and get off to a good start with support. If you've done it before, you already know the system, and you can find other ways to be accountable.

That said, it's different for every person. Some people really need the meetings to do well, others find it too stressful or depressing -- or impossible to get to. Only you know yourself best. You can always try a few meetings while they have a free joining period. Don't buy a giant package, and decide if you like it. Another good guide/help is the Weight Watchers magazine. Buy an issue, read all the stories, and decide who is most like you. They list the methods they used to achieve their results, so that can help you decide.

Best of luck , whatever you decide!:goodvibes
Maria

Hi Everyone!

Welcome 3DisneyKids- I think I know you from the DVC boards!
I have never done the meetings and have done 2 bouts with WW.
The 1st time was about 4 years ago- I did fairly well, lost 15 pounds (of a 20 pound goal) in about 4-5 months- then slowly gained it all back. This time around I have lost 25 pounds-I am more in the maintaining mode now- and I am being careful not to fall out of touch with WW and this thread just because I have reached my goal. I know how easy it is to slip back into bad habits- paying attention to my weight and my calories in/out is going to be something I need to be careful about for life- and it is a lot easier to maintain than to actually lose weight so I am pretty happy at this point.

I do WW flex plan- basically I eat 20 points per day and then I get 35 flex points for the week. The flex points can be used any way you want. All 35 at once or broken into 2 or 3 splurge/treats- or spread out evenly giving 5 extra daily points... I never did give myself extra points for activity- but seems like a good workout will earn you an extra 2 points to eat on the day of the excersice. I am not the best person to give out all this advice because I have never been to WW. I just read some of the materials and bought one of those handy WW calculators. I love WW because it teaches you to make good choices.

They say people do better with meetings, (They being WW of course) and I don't doubt it, but I am living proof that it isn't necessary. I am SO not a joiner, go-to-meetings kind of person. I am sure it is extremely helpful for many, though.

If you have any questions, ask away! Have a good night all!

BUMP-
anybody out there?

I am still sticking to the plan and hanging in there- how is everyone???

Hey Volts!

I am doing WW Online, and I've actually been doing it since Easter. I've lost almost 8 lbs so far, but it goes in dribs and drabs. I've also started The Beck Diet Solution, which works with any diet plan. It's the mental piece, and it's really been helping me so far. Just reminding myself, and stopping to think what I am doing is huge for me.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there!
Maria

8 lbs! That is so great. I am going to look into Beck- sounds like a good compliment to the program.:goodvibes

Hey Volts!

I am doing WW Online, and I've actually been doing it since Easter. I've lost almost 8 lbs so far, but it goes in dribs and drabs. I've also started The Beck Diet Solution, which works with any diet plan. It's the mental piece, and it's really been helping me so far. Just reminding myself, and stopping to think what I am doing is huge for me.

Glad to hear you're hanging in there!
Maria

I'm here too! Nice job on the 8 lb loss! :thumbsup2

What's the Beck Diet Solution all about? :confused3 I've never heard of that before...

Confessional time- I ate way too much today and yesterday. Tomorrow I have to get back on the wagon. Weigh-in Fri is gonna be painful.

Hi Ladies!

I'll be weighing in Saturday am, so we'll see how I'm doing. I'm still recovering, but eating normally and exercising this week. I think I'll have retained what I'd lost and added a bit more, so that's all I can ask for!

Volts -- We've slowed the wagon and we're reaching down for you. Up you go! See, now you're back on track :goodvibes

Snow -- The Beck Diet Solution is a cognitive therapy plan that works with any sensible diet. Every day for 6 weeks you add something, building until you have a good diet plan. Some of the activities have been to write down everything you eat, do planned and spontaneous exercise, make note cards to remind you to eat slowly, etc. I've really found it to be helpful --especially the sections that help you when you just don't want to do something, or you're trying to resist a craving. I recommend the book. I'm only on day 16 (I stopped reading it while I was so sick), and I've really found it to be common sense, but I need that reinforcement.

Maria

Volts -- We've slowed the wagon and we're reaching down for you. Up you go! See, now you're back on track
Thanks, I needed that!!! I had a much better day today! Tomorrow is a family gathering at my mom's. I need strength for that, I always eat too much over there- but I am planning on taking my own food so that should help.

Thanks, I needed that!!! I had a much better day today! Tomorrow is a family gathering at my mom's. I need strength for that, I always eat too much over there- but I am planning on taking my own food so that should help.

Ok, so here's another Beck tip -- in that situation, you need to keep reminding yourself why you want to lose weight, and contrast the importance of that to you with eating more than you should. Think how great you will feel tomorrow morning, when you realize you did it! :thumbsup2

Maria

Weigh-in was fine- I am still just below my target weight.
I like that Beck tip. I need a lot of mental motivation- now that I more in the maintaining stage- I need to keep motivated to make good choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter