Anyone here from Chicago? I need help...

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
My boyfriend and I are going to Chicago for 3 days in mid March. We are staying at the Drake Hotel and will not have a car. I know I want to do lots of shopping and go to the Art Institute, but other than that I don't really know what we should do. Any ideas on places to eat or visit would be great! Also what kind of night time activities are there for the college age crowd. Thanks!

I am going to Loyola University in Chicago, so let me tell you some highlights!
Depending on your budget some great places to eat are: The Grand Lux Cafe, The Cheesecake Factory, there are some great pizza places, if you see a place you might like go for it

Places to see: Art Institue, Museum of Science and Industry, Shedd Aquarium, Michigan Ave. for lots of shopping (heres a hint: If you know where you want to shop, dress like you shop there, if you don't you might get some weird looks), theatre and improv troupes are the best, Millenium Park

Nightlife: College students..that's hard, under 21 go out to dinner, to a show, go to Navy Pier, over 21 take your pic of a lot of clubs.

You do not need a car to get to any of these places. There is of course plenty of cabs, the "L" train is great ($1.75 one way trip), buses, and walking is also a great option.

Go to http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/ and http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/tripplanner.html to help you plan where you are going and how you are going to get there. Also check the weather channel before coming up, strange weather here, warm and sunny one day, the next might be rainy, windy, and dark! Enjoy yourselves! :wave:

In Chicago you don't need a car public transportation runs 24/7.
For thing to do check out your public library.
Lots of Museums, Aquaiums, Parks,
Maybe check out a game. Baseball 2 parks, basketball, hockey.

no baseball this time of year unfortunately :(

i agree with loyola; check out the aquarium if you want, or the field museum, if you're into that kinda stuff, maybe get a couple in on the same day, or you might get tired of all the walking and looking...

check out navy pier too - i think they still have fireworks every wednesday and saturday night, but i'm not sure. nice place to go anyway, just to hang around the lake a while (as long as it's warmer by then).

TONS of places to eat. pizzeria uno is classic chicago pizza if you like real deep dish. also there's a *great* cajun-southern restaurant called Heaven on Seven; there's one on Ohio & Rush, and there's plenty of other entertainment in the same area.

if you're 21+, spend a night in Wrigleyville. there are a ton of bars with college kids and recent graduates, and it's the real trendy place to go these days. there's a bar on Clark called John Barleycorn's, probably the coolest place down there, so check that out if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter