Anyone here live in Vegas?

Hi, Beth

Wanted to pop in to say hi! :teeth: You're going to get to see the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Christmas overlay!!! You're gonna LOVE it. I bought the soundtrack when I went a couple of years ago.

Yeah, keep me posted on those fares from ORD to LAX/SNA/LAS ;)
Hey Carmen! And here I thought you were going to tell me you were moving to Vegas. :rolleyes1 ;)

I love the Haunted Mansion Holiday! I have seen that before. :thumbsup2

I'll be watching those fares. We have to do DL together! I'll leave the kids with Ruben and we can hang out!!! :lmao:

Are you still going to DL in October for the Halloween stuff?

My friend who once lived in Las Vegas will be going to DL and invited me along. I am hoping she will join this board so she can talk with other Disney fanatics!!!!:cool1: :rotfl2:

She is going on business and it will be the two of us, no side trip to Vegas though! We live on the East Coast, I told you about her Vegas experience. We will be going October 22-24 to DL.

Have a good one, hope that you are enjoying your new home.

Are you still going to DL in October for the Halloween stuff?

My friend who once lived in Las Vegas will be going to DL and invited me along. I am hoping she will join this board so she can talk with other Disney fanatics!!!!:cool1: :rotfl2:

She is going on business and it will be the two of us, no side trip to Vegas though! We live on the East Coast, I told you about her Vegas experience. We will be going October 22-24 to DL.

Have a good one, hope that you are enjoying your new home.

Yes, we are still planning too! :thumbsup2

If your friend loves Disney, then she should definitely sign up!! :banana:

I am glad your going to go to DL. Sounds like it will be fun!! You'll be there over my b-day (the 24th) so have something sweet (or a drink ;) ) for me!!

Oct. 26 is a holiday here so the kids don't have school. We'll probably just wait and go then for a long week-end.

Have fun!!

Hello disVegans. ;)Life of a Nomad. Spending most of the year now in FL since DD graduated HS in Vegas and now a CM and going to UCF. Man time flies. Gave up our DL AP's this year and miss being able to visit it as much but on the other hand being closer to the Magic of WDW has it's advantages too.:thumbsup2
In Vegas for the day and we have a wind warning out gusting to 40 or so in the forecast but nice and sunny. DW says it has been raining off and on around Orlando since last night. We still need the rain but vacationers can do without it.
Some of you from Vegas might recognize our neighbor's celebrity partyhouse just off of Jones. It gets quite a bit of traffic. What happens in Vegas stays in the neighborhood. LOL
http://parisianpalace.net/

A guy who opened Club C2K in the Venetian and a good little Italian spot on W Trop called Capo's It is patterned after a Chicago Speakeasy. The original owner built it for his wife and was having the interior painted like the Sistine chapel. It took years to paint and it was never finished. She passed away suddenly and he was heartbroken and was letting the house go and sold it. The new owner hired the original artist and he finished the job. There have been so many rumors on what celebrity owned it, it got to be a real joke with us neighbors. However, it is strange when you go outside to get the newspaper and there goes ______ with a hangover walking it off up the street.;) The last filming they did there was VH1's SuperGroup with Ted Nugent and Sebastian Bach.

DH and I moved here from NJ 11 years ago. I was raised in NJ, DH was raised as a SoCal surfer. We live in the far northern part of the Valley---about 3 miles above 215 by Jones.

DH and I are both CCSD teachers. Coming from suburban NJ and LA Unified, we have strong opinions about CCSD. However, as for Vegas "not being a place to raise a family", well, we are raising our family at HOME, not on the Strip. We've got good friends, a fabulous Church, and lots more entertainment and restaurants than we'll ever visit.

Make the most of it---whatever that means to your family---and avoid the "haters" just like you would people who hate kids! :rotfl2:

BTW---perfect weather for day trips to Mt. Charleston, Red Rock, and Valley of Fire this coming month! If the "haters" and ignorant looked away from the Strip for a minute, they'd find plenty of healthy family entertainment around here. Enjoy!

DH and I moved here from NJ 11 years ago. I was raised in NJ, DH was raised as a SoCal surfer. We live in the far northern part of the Valley---about 3 miles above 215 by Jones.

DH and I are both CCSD teachers. Coming from suburban NJ and LA Unified, we have strong opinions about CCSD. However, as for Vegas "not being a place to raise a family", well, we are raising our family at HOME, not on the Strip. We've got good friends, a fabulous Church, and lots more entertainment and restaurants than we'll ever visit.

Make the most of it---whatever that means to your family---and avoid the "haters" just like you would people who hate kids! :rotfl2:

BTW---perfect weather for day trips to Mt. Charleston, Red Rock, and Valley of Fire this coming month! If the "haters" and ignorant looked away from the Strip for a minute, they'd find plenty of healthy family entertainment around here. Enjoy!
Hi Patti! Nice to "meet" you. ;) And good to hear from another DISers in Vegas. I was sure there'd be more then we've seen so far, but then again maybe they just aren't finding this thread. :confused3

In any case, I'm glad to hear you are happy here. We are too so far. :thumbsup2

My SIL just came from CA for a visit and she loved it. She's coming back again in November. We took her to Red Rock Canyon and actually got an annual pass there it's so pretty.

Haven't made it to Valley of Fire, or Mt. Charleston yet but I want to! Are there activities to do there or just scenery? I should Google it and see what I can find out.....

So far we are enjoying being in a "regular" community just like you'd find anywhere else, and yet as you said, having numerous entertainment and dining options.
Just last night we finally went and saw KA which was great! And tonight we'll be seeing LOVE.

It's nice to have so many choices of different things to do and see.

Anyways, good to hear from ya!! :wave:

Hi Momma4U! I haven't checked in on this board in a while. I've lived in Vegas for 10 years; we live in Spring Valley near Buffalo & Flamingo. Glad you're here!

I've lived in Vegas for 10 years; we live in Spring Valley near Buffalo & Flamingo. Glad you're here!
Welcome PT neighbor. Hope it's a little nicer there today than it is here. Great day for ducks.

Haven't made it to Valley of Fire, or Mt. Charleston yet but I want to! Are there activities to do there or just scenery?
Valley Fire is a great to spot to see Petroglyphs. Mt Charleston has a hotel and restaurant on the way up and another restaurant and rental cabins further up the hill. They used to have BBQ and live music on the weekends. Not sure if they still do. They also use to hold music festivals over at the Ski Lodge during the fall. There is also horseback riding on the way up Mt. Charleston and lots of places to hike. Bonnie Springs(past Red Rock Scenic area on Charleston) is another good spot to visit with a rustic small restaurant/bar with firepit and a small petting/wild animal zoo and old West town. There is also a small hotel there as well. Wave hello to the Famous "Mr Happy" that hangs around on street corners playing his guitar in the SW part of town up to Summerlin. He is wealthy guy who is just happy to be alive and just shows it in a little eccentric way.LOL

However, as for Vegas "not being a place to raise a family", well, we are raising our family at HOME, not on the Strip. We've got good friends, a fabulous Church, and lots more entertainment and restaurants than we'll ever visit.
Great to hear. We raised a daughter in Vegas. We hope we did something right. We did do a lot of traveling back and forth but Vegas is where she went to school. She kept great grades and now going to college here in FL and working as a CM in the MK. She never has given us a problem and is a DD to be proud of. Las Vegas has it's problems. However, there is so much more to do outside the strip that visitors don't realize but still seem to criticize constantly when they never venture outside the Strip.

Hi Momma4U! I haven't checked in on this board in a while. I've lived in Vegas for 10 years; we live in Spring Valley near Buffalo & Flamingo. Glad you're here!
Thanks!! Maybe more Vegas DISers will start "crawling out of the woodwork" and see this thread!! :thumbsup2

BTW, I love the pic of your kids on the coaster! My older two love that ride as well. :yay:

Welcome PT neighbor. Hope it's a little nicer there today than it is here. Great day for ducks.

Hi there! We're at 74 right now which is nice but it's supposed to reach 88 today and 92 tomorrow. I think (hope) after that we're supposed to start cooling down some.
Guess you guys must be getting lots of rain.

Valley Fire is a great to spot to see Petroglyphs. Mt Charleston has a hotel and restaurant on the way up and another restaurant and rental cabins further up the hill. They used to have BBQ and live music on the weekends. Not sure if they still do. They also use to hold music festivals over at the Ski Lodge during the fall. There is also horseback riding on the way up Mt. Charleston and lots of places to hike. Bonnie Springs(past Red Rock Scenic area on Charleston) is another good spot to visit with a rustic small restaurant/bar with firepit and a small petting/wild animal zoo and old West town. There is also a small hotel there as well.

Cool, thanks for the info! Bonnie Springs is also another place I've been wanting to go. Just waiting for it to get a little cooler out. I think my kids would like it though.

Wave hello to the Famous "Mr Happy" that hangs around on street corners playing his guitar in the SW part of town up to Summerlin. He is wealthy guy who is just happy to be alive and just shows it in a little eccentric way.LOL
HEY! I think I might now who you are talking about!!! We see him all the time. Well that is to say we see this guy who wears these wacky outfits, bright colors, sequins, etc. with funky hats standing on the corner waving to cars, dancing around, etc.
I'm not sure what nationality he is. He almost looks Jamaican or something but do you think that's the same one? Must be. lol How many people are out doing that in those clothes!! :rotfl2:

So he's really wealthy and is just out there for fun huh? Too funny.

Great to hear. We raised a daughter in Vegas. We hope we did something right. We did do a lot of traveling back and forth but Vegas is where she went to school. She kept great grades and now going to college here in FL and working as a CM in the MK. She never has given us a problem and is a DD to be proud of. Las Vegas has it's problems. However, there is so much more to do outside the strip that visitors don't realize but still seem to criticize constantly when they never venture outside the Strip.
The longer I'm here the more I realize just how little an impact has on our daily lives. Now maybe that's not true for everyone or in every neighborhood around here, (for example if you worked on the Strip or lived closer) but it is for us.

I like it. It's there if we choose to use it but we are just in a normal neighborhood with good schools, a library near by, grocery stores, parks, etc.

Speaking of choosing to use it, we went to two shows this week-end. KA at the MGM and LOVE at the Mirage. OMG, they were both amazing and I would totally recommend them to anyone who hasn't seen then yet!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hey Beth,

It's great to hear that you are liking the Las Vegas life. I think that it took me longer to like it than you. I was really homesick for New York in the beginning, but I really do love it now. Like you said, we have a regular home life but have the options to go to the strip if you want. It's kind of like when I lived in Long Island. People who were not from there thought that we went to Manhattan all the time. Uh, no! I worked in the city so I couldn't wait to get home. My free time was spent in Long Island with my family.

Are you still going to Disneyland for Nevada Day. We can't wait. I'll let you know how the Camelot Inn is.

Hey Beth,

It's great to hear that you are liking the Las Vegas life. I think that it took me longer to like it than you. I was really homesick for New York in the beginning, but I really do love it now. Like you said, we have a regular home life but have the options to go to the strip if you want. It's kind of like when I lived in Long Island. People who were not from there thought that we went to Manhattan all the time. Uh, no! I worked in the city so I couldn't wait to get home. My free time was spent in Long Island with my family.

Are you still going to Disneyland for Nevada Day. We can't wait. I'll let you know how the Camelot Inn is.

Hi ladies!

I got the same thing living in NJ---are you going "into the City" this weekend??? No way!!! Beth---even the years I worked on the Strip it didn't impact my "real life".

Bri and I are both teachers, and we go to DL every Nevada Day! Can't wait! We're at the Anaheim Plaza Inn & Suites. Dropping the dog at the kennel after school and we're outta here on Thursday!

Are you both lovin' this weather or what!?!?! We're headed to Mt. Charleston today---gotta go finish making our picnic lunch. Have a great weekend!

HEY! I think I might now who you are talking about!!! We see him all the time. Well that is to say we see this guy who wears these wacky outfits, bright colors, sequins, etc. with funky hats standing on the corner waving to cars, dancing around, etc.
That is him.
Enjoy the weekend and Nevada Day everyone.pirate:

Perception of "outsiders" is so interesting. I got to NYC twice a year for about 10 days to see the theater. I think if I lived on Long Island or in Jersey that I'd be in the city every weekend as I'm sure everyone does.

I go to Las Vegas once every two years or so and I assume everyone who lives there must go to the shops and bars on a regular basis because it's so much fun - I think I would if I lived there.

I live in Hollywood - a few blocks from the Chinese Theater. I do everything I can to avoid "Hollywood". Even when I walk to work at the Pantages Theatre I don't walk along Hollywood Blvd. But I know outsiders think I hang out there, that living in Hollywood is hanging out with stars and going to parties.

It's strange for me to think Las Vegas has schools and libraries and churches and neighborhoods filled with people who see the strip as a tourist area they avoid. Or that anyone living within 30 miles of Manhattan would be there all the time.

Tourists....

Hey Beth,

Hi, good to hear from you. Yes, we are still planning to go to DL for Nevada Day. :yay:

I cannot wait to see all the Halloween decorations. I think I'm more excited then the kids are. :rolleyes1

So far we are really enjoying it here. We just bought tickets to see Zumanity with the locals half off discount. Guess there are lot of benefits to being local! :thumbsup2

Hi ladies!

I got the same thing living in NJ---are you going "into the City" this weekend??? No way!!! Beth---even the years I worked on the Strip it didn't impact my "real life".

Bri and I are both teachers, and we go to DL every Nevada Day! Can't wait! We're at the Anaheim Plaza Inn & Suites. Dropping the dog at the kennel after school and we're outta here on Thursday!

Are you both lovin' this weather or what!?!?! We're headed to Mt. Charleston today---gotta go finish making our picnic lunch. Have a great weekend!
Hi there!

I am loving this weather! It's perfect. Have a great time on your picnic, that sounds like a great way to spend the day. :)

Guess alot of us will be heading to DL for Nevada Day. :yay: I hope you guys have fun there too!!

Perception of "outsiders" is so interesting. I got to NYC twice a year for about 10 days to see the theater. I think if I lived on Long Island or in Jersey that I'd be in the city every weekend as I'm sure everyone does.

I go to Las Vegas once every two years or so and I assume everyone who lives there must go to the shops and bars on a regular basis because it's so much fun - I think I would if I lived there.

I live in Hollywood - a few blocks from the Chinese Theater. I do everything I can to avoid "Hollywood". Even when I walk to work at the Pantages Theatre I don't walk along Hollywood Blvd. But I know outsiders think I hang out there, that living in Hollywood is hanging out with stars and going to parties.

It's strange for me to think Las Vegas has schools and libraries and churches and neighborhoods filled with people who see the strip as a tourist area they avoid. Or that anyone living within 30 miles of Manhattan would be there all the time.

Tourists....
So you're not hob nobbing with the stars?!? :eek: ;)

I grew up in So Cal (Highland Park, Glendale, then Burbank) and we used to occasionally head down to the Hollywood area. Usually when we had out of town visitors who we were showing around. Sometimes we'd just cruise down there for fun on the week-ends.

I used to see apartments on the side streets down there and wonder what it would be like to actually live down there. I bet it's never dull if nothing else. Or at least that's my perception of it. lol

Yeah, Vegas is just like anywhere else. My kids school is within walking distance, the library isn't much further then that. Several grocery stores are about 5 minutes away, Target, etc. We have a park close by with tennis courts, volleyball court, play area, etc.

The Strip seems worlds away but we can be there in about 20-30 minutes if we wanted to. Right now we are still in the "honeymoon phase" so we still go and hang out there now and then, and are seeing all the shows we can. :rotfl:

Maybe that will change later on. :confused3 Guess time will tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter