Anyone interested in a Disneyland Paris croc exchange?

Apologies for the delay in posting Flik's adventures with poohmadmum's daughter, Vanessa from 19 - 22 January.

On 19th January Vanessa and Flik headed to Vanessa's school (!) where Flik got slightly worried as he quickly realized this was going to be a very different trip. He boarded a coach with no less than 40 14/15 year olds and 4 teachers. When he first saw the luggage tag he was concerned!

CIMG4019.jpg

The 19th was a very long journey by coach and ferry with a very choppy crossing so Flik was glad he had his sea legs! After setting off from school at 5.30 am everyone arrived at the Hotel Cheyenne at 7.00 pm! The last time he had accompanied poohmadmum and Vanessa they had flown from Exeter and arrived in Paris an hour later. Exhausted everyone was allocated a room in Jesse James block and collapsed. However, after a little freshening up they then ate at the Chuckwagon restaurant but everyone was too tired to enjoy it and quickly made haste to bed. Flik was surprised to be sharing a room with three teenage girls but he wasn't going to complain! He was also concerned about the signs he was reading.

CIMG4107.jpg

CIMG4110.jpg

but it wouldn't be until tomorrow night that Flik discovered the true nature of this trip.

On 20th January everyone was woken early, got ready and went for breakfast making sure they were filled up and lunch was made and packed (may be frowned on by Disney but endorsed by the school!). They then enjoyed a whole day in both parks.

Flik especially enjoyed Buzz, reaching level 4, and BTM. It was very cold but an enjoyable day enjoying the rides. Tea was in the Chuckwagon again and very tasty. However, after tea Flik received a massive shock. He was taken to the Gaumont Cinema and was expecting to enjoy a film although he was worried about his French skills but instead had to attend a GCSE Science Lecture although at least it was in English (!!) followed by homework by way of completing a science workbook.

CIMG4014.jpg

CIMG4018.jpg

After Flik's initial shock he quickly learned about some of his favourite rides and what made them work so it wasn't too bad and parts of the lecture were quite interesting although Flik left Vanessa to complete his workbook.

On 21st January everyone enjoyed the parks early in the morning and Flik's favourites today were Crush and Cars as he loves speed and spinning. However, late morning everyone attended a 2nd science lecture. In the afternoon they went to the main park and enjoyed watching the parade and Flik was delighted to see that he was in the parade.

CIMG4057.jpg

Tea was in the Chuckwagon again and after tea there was a 3rd science lecture.

On 22nd January everyone was woken up early and had to get ready and pack as they were returning home. They left the Cheyenne at about 10.15 am which was sad and a long coach journey back to Calais. However, they were allowed some free time at Cite Europe and did some more shopping. Then it was time for the ferry with an even choppier crossing and return coach journey to Honiton which was fairly uneventful arriving back home at 11.00 pm so another long, tiring travelling day.

After a good night's sleep Flik returned to his travel case to await his next adventure. Although Flik is now more educated, he is hoping his next adventure will be a normal family trip without science lectures!

Fern returned last friday from her latest trip when she stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne for 1 night and then Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights.
It was a great surprise to find lots of snow outside when we awoke on Monday and Fern enjoyed having snowball fights on the way to breakfast. However by 3 o'clock that afternoon we had all had enough of the cold and slush (that it was now turning into) and we headed back to the hotel for a warm up and then a swim.

Fern's highlights of her trip were having a hot chocolate break in Salon Mickey.

DSCN3145.jpg

and watching the parade as one of the soldiers from Toy Story stopped to say hello and liked the fact that he and fern were both the same colour !!

The stunt show was great.

DSCN3218.jpg

but her favourite show this visit had to be Cinemagique, which she saw twice.

Fern was very sorry to leave the park at the end of the week, she had made some great friends in the hotel!

DSCN3213.jpg

and we all enjoyed having her with us.

Fern returned last friday from her latest trip when she stayed in the Hotel Cheyenne for 1 night and then Sequoia Lodge for 4 nights.
It was a great surprise to find lots of snow outside when we awoke on Monday and Fern enjoyed having snowball fights on the way to breakfast. However by 3 o'clock that afternoon we had all had enough of the cold and slush (that it was now turning into) and we headed back to the hotel for a warm up and then a swim.

Fern's highlights of her trip were having a hot chocolate break in Salon Mickey.

DSCN3145.jpg

and watching the parade as one of the soldiers from Toy Story stopped to say hello and liked the fact that he and fern were both the same colour !!

The stunt show was great.

DSCN3218.jpg

but her favourite show this visit had to be Cinemagique, which she saw twice.

Fern was very sorry to leave the park at the end of the week, she had made some great friends in the hotel!

DSCN3213.jpg

and we all enjoyed having her with us.

We have that same Daisy at our house.

Mel

fern arrived today safe and sound!!!!!! she is gonna spend 25 days with us in sunny malta before we head of to DLP!!!! yippee

maybe she could have a pre trippie around the island.......

watch this space!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

fern arrived today safe and sound!!!!!! she is gonna spend 25 days with us in sunny malta before we head of to DLP!!!! yippee

maybe she could have a pre trippie around the island.......

watch this space!!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh yes that would be lovely to see some pics from Malta as well - Im sure Fern would love that as well. I seem to remember it being a really pretty place

Hi all, Flik here.

I had a lovely time with Kacee in DLRP. He took some lovely photo's of me having fun in the hotel, waiting for the Eurostar and playing around on a few rides (Cap'njack has promised me he will post them on here this week). Looking forward to meeting my new travelling companions soon and I hope to see Kacee again soon and maybe meet his little brother Macklyn too.

Love Flik

hi all, fern back in malta safe and sound, but what an adventure!!!! will post photos as soon as i figure out how :confused3:confused3:confused3

i would love to keep her, cant see anyone on the list...........

where do i post her??? or shall we have a croc adoption?!?!?:love:

Hi!
I don't know if the DLP Croc is still on his travels, but we'll be there for 2 nights in early June (arr late on 3rd June and leave 5th June late afternoon). Not there long, but if we can join it, we'd love to!

I've been checking the croc exchange lists and found the person who should be sending me my croc for the US croc exchange will be staying an extra week in Florida and there is no way I'll get the croc in time in the croc is sent after their trip.

Since Fern or Flik is not needed by anyone at DLRP during my dates of July 21st to August 11th, I am going to bring Fern with me on my US Disneyland trip/DisneyWorld trip. I hope this will be okay with everyone? I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time with me and my hubby for 3 weeks, so we don't have to go croc less. :rotfl:

Btw I also got this shirt to wear on my trip.

Mel

Wow ~ lucky Fern going off to WDW!! :yay:

That T-shirt is great :thumbsup2 I'll look forward to seeing photos of you wearing it in Fern's trippie! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter