Anyone is medical billing ?

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
I have a LMN from a doctor saying that a medical supply needs to be replaced biweekly due to sanitation reasons.
Since biweekly can mean twice a month or twice a week, how would you interpret it?

I have a LMN from a doctor saying that a medical supply needs to be replaced biweekly due to sanitation reasons.
Since biweekly can mean twice a month or twice a week, how would you interpret it?

I’m not in medical but biweekly means 26 times a year. Every two weeks it needs to be changed.

I’m not in medical but biweekly means 26 times a year. Every two weeks it needs to be changed.
bi·week·ly
bīˈwēklē/
adjective & adverb
  1. 1.
    appearing or taking place every two weeks or twice a week.
    "a biweekly bulletin"
This is why I'm confused. Every definition says it can be twice a month or twice a week.

I am not in medical billing, but I take biweekly to mean every other week, or twice per month. If it was to be changed twice per week, I would think it would be written as "two times per week, or twice weekly" but again, I have no idea.

I would call the dr. office to clarify because only he knows what needs to be done and it is kind of confusing.

This is one you're going to have to call your doctor on to see what he meant because unfortunately this is another example of how we have allowed our language to be watered down to the point where we can't understand what each other means on certain things.

Bi is a prefex that means two or twice (as in double not twice per) Here is the way to remember. A centennial is a 100th anniversary. So does bicentennial mean 2 times per 100th anniversary (ie 50th, 100th, 150th, etc? or does it mean 200th anniversary? It means 200th anniversary. The United States did not have a bicentennial when it was 50 years old. It did not have one at 100 years old. It did not have one at 150 years old. Similarly, Biweekly means a two week time period, not twice per week.

Again at this point, the wrong usage is even in the dictionary. So call your doctor and ask what he meant. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter