Anyone know anything about St Augustine?

imgointoDis

Earning My Ears
We wanted to plan a little side trip to St Augustine when we are in Orlando in June. Does anyone know anything about it? I hear the historic sites are incredible. Is is worth the trip? Thanks! :cool:

Yes, the trip to St. Augustine is definitely worth it. It's a beautiful place to visit. If you have a chance to go, you'll be glad you did.

I went to Flagler College right in town. St. Augustine is beautiful! There's the Fort, Georges Street it's a pedestrian street with lots of little shops. Check out the college it's beautiful, the dorms and dining hall are the old Ponce de leon hotel. Also you can go out to Anastasia Island and go to the alligator farm and you can drive on the beach! If your there when there's a shuttle launch at night make sure to go to the beach it's a breath taking site! There's also the Ripleys Believe it or not museum, it's funny. It's a great town to just wander about and explore, I really miss it there! If you have any other questions just ask me, I haven't been there since 1992 though but I'll help all I can.

:wave:

I go to St. Augustine for work a lot. I agree that it's a really nice place to visit. Realize that it's not just a hop, skip, and jump away from Orlando. I think it's at least a two hour drive, so you might want to stay there for a night. I agree with what's been posted, and would add: the oldest school house in America (at least they claim it), and several really neat ghost tours. It's definitely a worthwhile place to visit. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter