Anyone know exactly how to make...

When I first opened the link, I thought, what the heck is that, but then I read it is made out of diapers! I bet you could replicate it pretty easily. Good luck!

I have made a one layer 'diaper cake' and I used little pairs of socks to make 'flowers' on it and a baby bottle was the center of it - it came out sooo cute! Even used rattles to decorate it - that was years ago...
I just can't figure out A what to use on the center of a 3 teir 'cake'
and B how to make the bottom wider than the top (stack diapers??)

Patty

It looks to me like they put a round box in the middle and either double layered around the bottom "cake layer" or stacked 2 boxes (1 narrower than the other) for each cake layer

As for the top - you could cover the lid with one diaper (cut & draped to fit) and then attach your sock flowers to wire and poke the wire through the lid cover.

If you didn't care about using the interior space, I would suggest using coffee canisters (like Maxwell House) to create the cake since they come in the same height but 2 different widths. Surround the wider one with rolled up diapers tack into place with your hermie and then tie a wide ribbon around that layer. Put hot glue on the lid and glue to the smaller cannister. Surround the small cannister with diapers, tack and tie a wide ribbon around the layer. For the top layer, just create like your old single layer style - just make it narrow enough to fit on top. Pin through the plastic lid of the lower cannister to hold in place and decorate!

For my last baby shower someone made me one. It was so cute. There was no box in the middle though. It was ALL diaper :earseek: Just started wrapping diapers into a round shape. She used straight pins so that we could use the diapers and hot glue to put the farm theme on it. (barn & animals, etc.) she also used those alphabet blocks to spell out his name. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter