anyone know what cars sizes are mixed together at alamo at the airport?

We are going at the end of October for 15 days and are booking a Intermediate SUV with 1 additional driver :)

OK i put in a random date in October and the Alamo USA site is not doing any deals at present so i used one of the other deal sites i use that you can choose Alamo and then i put in collection at Orlando International Airport from Friday October the 25th till Saturday November the 9th and i can get you an Intermediate SUV for 347.00 pounds, the additional driver is expensive as it will add a further 113.00 pounds so could you not just have one driver?

Try here,

https://www.save70.com/cars/?title=...MIupm6h-n34wIVBPlRCh0NoghVEAAYAiAAEgJIH_D_BwE

OK i put in a random date in October and the Alamo USA site is not doing any deals at present so i used one of the other deal sites i use that you can choose Alamo and then i put in collection at Orlando International Airport from Friday October the 25th till Saturday November the 9th and i can get you an Intermediate SUV for 347.00 pounds, the additional driver is expensive as it will add a further 113.00 pounds so could you not just have one driver?

Try here,

https://www.save70.com/cars/?title=...MIupm6h-n34wIVBPlRCh0NoghVEAAYAiAAEgJIH_D_BwE
Be very wary about renting thru a US agent, I just got a quote thru your link (easyrentcars) for dates you quote and it came up with £329 for SUV but only comes with basic insurance, Excess: USD 100-2,000 (GBP 84-1,663) rent thru a UK agent and there should be no excess and full insurance.

Be very wary about renting thru a US agent, I just got a quote thru your link (easyrentcars) for dates you quote and it came up with £329 for SUV but only comes with basic insurance, Excess: USD 100-2,000 (GBP 84-1,663) rent thru a UK agent and there should be no excess and full insurance.

Not all of them are like this and if you add the fully inclusive insurance your get a like for like quote.

You can on the left hand side select the larger car rental companies like Alamo ect.

You may find with the names that are not so well known this may happen.

You should always check the level of cover suits your requirements.

I know when you rent through Virgin with Alamo they add the extra driver in the quote.

Not all of them are like this and if you add the fully inclusive insurance your get a like for like quote.

You can on the left hand side select the larger car rental companies like Alamo ect.

You may find with the names that are not so well known this may happen.

You should always check the level of cover suits your requirements.

I know when you rent through Virgin with Alamo they add the extra driver in the quote.
Just tried to get a like for like for our trip 24 nights, £611 before additional driver(around $240+tax?), paid £489 incl additional driver with Hertz UK.
Maybe there are deals buying with a US agent but I never find them.

Try here,

Yes we want 2 drivers. My daughter has just said (she often works in the US) that she always uses the UK site when booking a car as everything is included where on the US site you have to add it on.

Thanks for your help anyway, I have decided to book with the Brits Guide discount.

Just out of interest, did you have to show your Brit Guide to anyone?

no, you don't have to show anything to anyone..
we're not british, but we do live outside of the US so the Brit guide rate is far superior to what we can get from Alamo USA...

by the way, when we were at MCO two weeks ago, there was one pick up truck in the midsize car aisle and all the rest were cars...no vans or SUVs

i had booked an intermediate SUV....there were about 6 available, most of them not that great, but the one i got was fantastic!!
it included navigation (i didn't have to pay for it).
And the gas mileage was insanely good!!!

by the way, when we were at MCO two weeks ago, there was one pick up truck in the midsize car aisle and all the rest were cars...no vans or SUVs

i had booked an intermediate SUV....there were about 6 available, most of them not that great, but the one i got was fantastic!!
Hertz Gold have changed their system, now similar to Alamo and Dollar, we booked Full size expecting to have a car allocated and waiting in a numbered parking bay, now we get to choose from a row. Will see what offerings they have next month.

Hertz Gold have changed their system, now similar to Alamo and Dollar, we booked Full size expecting to have a car allocated and waiting in a numbered parking bay, now we get to choose from a row. Will see what offerings they have next month.

that's really good to know..
i hated that hertz decided for me which car i would get..
i'm very interested in hearing about your experience with them next month..

I quite like having the car chosen for me, I am a nightmare trying to choose from a row of cars. Just once when collecting from Atlanta airport with Hertz I had to go in and change a SUV, rear legroom was poor, not good for Matt being 6`4" apart from that they have always allocated me a nice car.

I quite like having the car chosen for me, I am a nightmare trying to choose from a row of cars. Just once when collecting from Atlanta airport with Hertz I had to go in and change a SUV, rear legroom was poor, not good for Matt being 6`4" apart from that they have always allocated me a nice car.

i agree that picking a car also can be difficult....i run down the row of cars, checking them for mileage, how updated they are and whether they smell, which sadly many do..
the height isn't a problem....while aaron is 6'7" tall, he sits in the front passenger seat, so his height isn't a problem
if he were driving it would definitely be an issue....there are lots of cars he can't drive because of his height...
but i'm the driver when we're in orlando, so it's not a problem...

i agree that picking a car also can be difficult....i run down the row of cars, checking them for mileage, how updated they are and whether they smell, which sadly many do..
the height isn't a problem....while aaron is 6'7" tall, he sits in the front passenger seat, so his height isn't a problem
if he were driving it would definitely be an issue....there are lots of cars he can't drive because of his height...
but i'm the driver when we're in orlando, so it's not a problem...
Jeez, I just pick a colour car that i like! :rotfl2:

Jeez, I just pick a colour car that i like! :rotfl2:

the one we just had was black inside and out, including leather seats.....not the best choice when driving in hell...
every time we had to get back into that car, it was BURNING HOT ...
and sitting on burning leather while wearing shorts is less than advisable...

no, you don't have to show anything to anyone..
we're not british, but we do live outside of the US so the Brit guide rate is far superior to what we can get from Alamo USA...

Thank you. :D

Last November we found all the cars we looked at all had built in Sat Navs in them. We ended up using Google maps on my phone though as there was so many roadworks the car Sat nNav did not recognise them. :confused3

Thank you. :D

Last November we found all the cars we looked at all had built in Sat Navs in them. We ended up using Google maps on my phone though as there was so many roadworks the car Sat nNav did not recognise them. :confused3

we ended up using waze on my iphone...
it was far more updated than the car's navigation system..

Picked up car today. Directed to Gold section to choose any car within there. Big choice of anything from compacts to SUV's to 7 seater vans. I took the size I paid for, didn't need anything bigger for 2 of us Also bonus of in car WiFi free if booked direct with Hertz.

Have you looked at Costco car hire? (Yes, seriously) comung out quite competitive

https://www.costcotravel.co.uk/
I've booked with them (for the first time) for our trip at the end of the year. They were very competitive when I was comparing prices and included a free additional driver. Free cancellation until the day before pick up if I find anything cheaper. £238 for a full size car with Hertz for 8 days + 2% Rewards and 1% Amex cash back (not a lot I know but every little helps as they say :)). Nothing coming close at the moment.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts