anyone listening?

Originally posted by YoHo
Jim Hill is hardly balanced, neither is AV or any of the other rumours sources that have been talking about Cable giants over the past year, but I have to say it is a bit more then coincidence that they've been rumouring about Comcast for months and then low and behold, Comcast makes an attempt. IT lends more credence to their reports.
I'm not up on the cable business. Is (was) there any other cable company that was in a position to make an offer other than Comcast? Whether or not it lends credence would depend on how many players there could have been.

:earsboy:

This says it all:

r3765358219.jpg

Where did the photo come from....If they are saying from today...I'm pretty sure he wore a blue suit today...

Comcast was discussed on this board prior to the offer.

"Enjoy your Comcast snowglobes" was an AV line at the end of one of his posts.

It was always reported as rumor, but it came up several times in different places.

I've been lurking, and lurking, and lurking for the past month few months. I can probably speak freely and surmise that most of us are overwhelmed with the amount of information in regard as to what FACT is regarding WDC.
In that regard, I have also become increasingly aware of the number of opinions as far as what is EXACTLY wrong with WDC
and how it should be fixed.
Nothing short of an indepth stack of DOCUMENTATION in front of me with an independent analyst to explain everything would clarify anything.
HOWEVER...
with the Roy and Stanley post-rally going on RIGHT NOW, and listening this morning and afternoon, I will share here.
I did catch Eisner on Larry King. When asked about the muppets, he proceeded to drone on about his "feelings" about the acquistion. In other words, everything BUT the black and white of the deal. Nothing about analysts, research, etc.
As soon as the meeting ended today, I went in search of ANY information. I found one source that stated Eisner calling Roy and Stanley's crusade "so much rhetoric."
I found that humorous, because I thought his ramblings have been "rhetoric". I listened to the questions, the statements. I took it all in. God knows how many opinions there are going to be. What I felt like I listened to today was a part of Disney's history.
Eisner has come across to me as "unaccountable". Period. I listened to Brogge. And I listened to Eisner casually dismiss him.
Eisner gets the final say, right? He has the attitude of casually dismissing the vote count. He has "dug" in his heels. He is not going to go without a fight.

What I see happening is that regardless of if and when he leaves,
think about that "golden parachute". Some sources quote close to $500 million. My god-$500 million for one man? I thought WDC was all about the people who put the blood sweat and tears into it. I tell you, I had no idea the ride operator at the Dumbo ride made $5.65 an hour.

It is going to take a long time to undo what's been done. And a lot of money. I don't want to even try to figure out what's going to happen with animation. And that deal with the new enclosed tin box sets that were supposed to come out at xmas. What in the heck happened there?

As this unfolds, I want to so much hold onto that "magic". But today, there was a man (who WDC put in place to run the show)put his own personal objectives first. Who clearly demonstrated his power. Who showed the world-who is running the show.

Sometimes I wish I could go back...
and forget all the articles I read on LP and miceage. That I didn't take those pictures back in August in Epcot, looking specifically for the decrease in attention to detail ie; the masking tape on the sign in the France pavilion shop.

Well said stego! I long for the magic too. I think I read a few too many articles and heard a bit too much propaganda. Mickey, where are you?::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Comcast is BAAAAACCCKKKK. http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040303/1730000987_1.html

Soon after shareholders of Walt Disney Co. (NYSE:DIS - News) displayed their displeasure with Chairman and Chief Executive Michael Eisner by withholding 43% of votes cast for his reelection to the board, the cable operator said it seeks a meeting with independent board members to talk about merging.

The "unprecedented withhold vote by Disney's shareholders sends a powerful message that Disney's board and management need to focus more on shareholders interests," Comcast said in a statement.

"Disney's independent directors should immediately meet with Comcast so we can directly present our full and generous proposal and the benefits of the merger," a Comcast spokeswoman said.

Comcast lobbed an unsolicited bid for Disney on Feb. 11. The deal offered to exchange one share of Disney for 0.78 of a share of Comcast, valuing the company at $54 billion at the time of the offer. That premium was quickly erased in a matter of days as Comcast's share price dropped and Disney's climbed. Though many have expected Comcast to raise its bid, Comcast has thus far stood behind its original bid.

Comcast, in its statement Wednesday, said its proposal is "significantly higher" than the value of Disney on its own. The company also said the deal offers a premium over Disney's share price during "any relevant trading period" over the past three years.

According to preliminary figures released by Disney, 771.7 million shares of 1.770 billion votes were withheld for Mr. Eisner. The vote was part of a "vote no" campaign orchestrated by Stanley Gold, a former Disney director, and Roy Disney, Walt Disney's nephew, who have been unhappy with Mr. Eisner's leadership.

The Disney shareholder meeting took place in Philadelphia, which, coincidentally, is Comcast's hometown. Despite the proximity, about 500 Comcast employees were on the other side of the country Wednesday attending a long- planned meeting in Phoenix.

Comcast executives weren't at the Disney shareholder meeting, a Comcast spokesman said

Thank you allfor the long thread and the play by play!!

I missed it all, but lived it through your posts.

43%!!

WOW!!

Hey YoHo!! Where's that dancin' hamster!!!??

It took a while...but I read the whole freakin' thread. I don't know whether that deserves congratulations or shame. ;)

Anyway, are there really some people who question whether or not Ei$ner was in secret talks with Comcast before all this happened? Even with AV's veiled barb last year? With the meeting scheduled in Philly of all places? With the canned response by the board and Ei$ner to the call from the head of CC? All of this is just a coincidence? Suuuuuuuuuurrrrrre.

Do not, DO NOT, let the Ei$ner PR machine trick you into believing that the SaveDisney crowd brought on ComCast.

That is a dirty little lie...and Ei$ner should be ashamed that it lasts one second on the boards. He has been looking for a payout, and he felt like ComCast was the right company to pay it. The problem is we are still gonna pay the piper and have to fend off CC with or without him.

Just wanted to make my thread reach 500!!!!! well since the meeting is over this thread is done and i guess alot people were listening especially to Roy and Stan.

At least the roles are split but now with Mithchell interim boss THE QUEEN OF THE CONCRETE JUNGLE WILL NOT BE HAPPY LOL

Breralex - ran a little search, may not be completely accurate because the search function isn't set up to count numbers,

but

This post appears to have the most replies of any post on the Rumors board! Are you proud?:cool:

sniff sniff yes especially cause i usualy have nothing to say Theres a tear just like there was when Stan was talkin :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Well, you know, all of this speculation on why the board is letting Eisner stay on at least as CEO at least for now, got me to thinking why would they do that? And one thing came to my mind- his contract. I'm wondering if the rest of the board decided that they had to keep him for now, because maybe Eisner would be entitled to too much money if he were suddenly let go, or he threatened to sue if he were let go, or wanted a huge amount not to sue. Just some possibilities here.... But I do think it was pretty ridiculous to put Mitchell in charge, after getting a 24% no vote himself, probably second highest no vote ever after Eisner. Mitchell gets promoted after getting an even higher no vote than Steve Case did before resigning? What's wrong with this picture. That's just a slap in the face of the shareholders there.

Originally posted by airlarry!
Do not, DO NOT, let the Ei$ner PR machine trick you into believing that the SaveDisney crowd brought on ComCast.

Isn't purposefully misleading Stockholders considered a crime?

Originally posted by freediverdude
I do think it was pretty ridiculous to put Mitchell in charge, after getting a 24% no vote himself, probably second highest no vote ever after Eisner. Mitchell gets promoted after getting an even higher no vote than Steve Case did before resigning? What's wrong with this picture. That's just a slap in the face of the shareholders there..

There's plenty wrong with that picture, and I agree with you. Perhaps I am nieve about the ways of big-business and finance, but it seems to me that the Directors care about no one but themselves and their own money growth. Rest assured ME is not going to end up in the poor house from any of this... In fact, I'm betting that right now he is plotting a way to profit from this. And while he is (maybe) no longer both Chairman and CEO... I'd be interested to know if perhaps his salary will still stay the same...

didnt want to make this thread any longer with so many other 'board' threads but i think with ei$ner of course he wont end up in the poor house after this but the best way (in the pits of my dark heart) it feels good that his 'swan' song can, will, and should be ruined and when a guy is that rich killing his ego and his public reputation is almost as bad. :tongue: :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter