Anyone own an Amazon Echo?

4forMe

DIS Veteran
Do you own an Amazon echo? If so, what type do you own? Do you love it or regret the purchase? I'm thinking of getting one for DH for Christmas.

I bought one for my husband for xmas last year. I think its called echo tap. It sat in the box for months, i kept telling him hey if you dont want it ill take it back. Finally i came home, and heard music blaring, sounding much better than what his ipad sounds like. Hes like thank you so much! I love it! So yes, come March he was enjoying his gift. Lol

I know there was a thread on this back when they first came out (because I said I didn't like ours and people got angry :duck::laughing:). So, while you wait for more responses here you might want to pull up the old thread/s. My current feelings are much the same as they were then. The voice recognition doesn't function as well as it should so using it often becomes an exercise in frustration. The grocery list is convenient and pretty much the only thing we use it for anymore. Ours is the original version, whatever that was called. Some people think they're the bees knees, though, so don't let my lukewarm opinion turn you off from it.

I briefly thought about getting one but I hate the music my husband likes and don't want to hear that all day so no way am I getting him one of those. LOL

I have the Dot- love it. It recognizes every thing I ask of it, never had any problem and it will always play whatever music I ask for. Love saying "good morning" to it and getting the "fun fact" of the day!

Yes! We have two,one upstairs and one down and love them. We also have Prime music so use it for music constantly. There is an enormous radio tower close to our house so radio reception is terrible and the Echo fixes that,we stream everything. We use it for trivia, answering questions, settling disputes...lol

We can also use it to arm and disarm our ADT system. When we were in vacation thus past summer we really missed her!

Last Christmas we bought MIL Echo & I bought DH Echo Dot. She says she really likes her. We definitely love ours. We mostly use it for music, but also use it to ask for the daily weather, set timers & stuff like that. We love ours so much that we're buying most of the people on our Christmas list this year a Dot & Bluetooth speaker to use with it.

I have an Echo Dot (smaller one). It does the same as the larger one but doesn't have great speakers. It's okay. We don't do much of anything with it except to ask it to play music over our bluetooth speaker.

We have the echo dot (got one Black Friday last year)... it seems like a novelty for us. It will answer questions about the weather, easier than digging out phone and looking. It also seems to come on at the strangest moments in conversation in the room (if anybody says anything that sounds like "Alexa"). Once, the dog set it off :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter