Anyone owning Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France?

zavandor

DIS Veteran
I am a DVC member but I cannot use my points for DLP hotels, so to save money I usually go offsite.
Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France was originally planned as a DVC resort but they scratched the idea and it became a Marriot resort. I'm pondering on buying a resale there but I'd like impressions from an owner. How easy is to book it? Is there fierce competition for better weeks that it requires to use the booking advantage of booking two consecutive weeks?
How maintenance fees have increased over time?
How easy is to exchange it for a different Marriot resort or through II?
How is the commuting to the parks? How good is it as a base to explore the surroundings?
Thanks

I can only advise on your last couple of questions, since I'm not an owner, just a visitor. We've stayed in the Marriott a few times (got another stay booked for October), it's a great hotel.

It's an easy drive to the parks, about 5 minutes away. They also have a shuttle bus but I can't comment on that, we always drive.

You can also easily walk (or drive) to the town center, with a few shops a very decent supermarket if you want to stock up your kitchen (much cheaper than the hotel shop).

As I said the parks are very close by, so it's easy to get to them. You're also not far from the motorway, if you want to get to Paris (though traffic getting in and out can be horrendous...)

It really is a beautiful property, we've stayed a few times and never had any issues with the villas, they're really well kept. Same goes for the grounds, and the pools :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter