Anyone plan on going for Columbus Day? MNSSHP too?

DISNEY FIX

DIS Veteran
I was looking at the 2008 calender and was interested in Columbus Day trip for a MNSSHP. We are still depressed about being flooded out on Sept. 14th.
So who is going this Columbus day and what are you anticipating the crowds to be. Was it tough getting your first choice of room.
What little details have you found out about that you would like to share.
Thanks,
Chris

I am going with my two boys 6 & 8 for Columbus Day. We are arriving on Saturday and leaving on Tuesday. Going mostly for the party on Columbus Day. We have 1 park day scheduled and might throw in Blizzard Beach. I am hoping crowds are light but I have no idea how they will be. I booked back in June and had to waitlist for a studio. It took about 2 weeks then it came through. I found out that you can get a free stroller for the party which will save me $18. We are going to do the free face painting in Adventureland if its still there this year. I'll be checking the weather. I hope it doesn't rain but I'm bringing ponchos just in case.

My mom and I will be there with my two boys 5 (almost 6) and 8 as well. We booked this trip about 7 months ago. We waitlisted for AKL and did not get it but we are quite happy with OKW. We did the MNSSHP last year around the same time with the crowds being about average.

I don't know what kind of room availability (or flight availability) you may find for that weekend. I've had Friday and Saturday booked since last Spring, but couldn't find a seat on a plane back on Sunday. I booked a flight for Monday only to find out a month ago that there were no rooms anywhere in Disney for under $400 a night (the only available rooms were at the Grand Floridian and a $2000 3 bedroom villa for rent). My guess is that there may be availability with cancellations but don't know if those are spoken for.

Obviously its a very popular weekend. Good Luck!

We're arriving on Saturday and going to the Columbus day MNSSHP and leaving on Wednesday. We sure hope it doesn't rain. I kept changing my mind about where to stay and finally settled on a 1 br at AKL about 2 months ago.
No problems with the reservation and waitlist nights came through pretty quickly.
I personally think that the Friday will more likely to be sold out or more crowded than Monday's party.pirate:

I'll be at WDW the week of Columbus Day, 10/5-10/13 and attending MNSSHP on 10/11. This will be my first time going the week of Columbus Day, so I don't know what to expect regarding crowds or weather. I didn't have a problem with my DVC reservation. I'm staying at OKW for the first time which is my home resort, so I had the 11 month advantage.

I guess we'll wait and see how it goes when I get there.

Good luck!!

We'll be there 10/6-10/13. This will be our 3rd or 4th time during columbus day week. Regardless of crowds and weather, any week at Disney is better than a week at work.

Weather is hot (~85 degress). But, not usually July/Aug hot. Crowds are moderate. Plan on waits for top rides to be about 40-60 minutes at peak times. Use fast-pass. You'll have more fun being leisurely and take breaks w/water in the shade & A/C. Children of commando-types (cram-everything-in) are easy to spot. ;) Watch little-ones closely as they can overheat quickly and get sick.

Since Food & Wine is also going on, epcot will get more crowded in the PM and definately at night. marketplace booths are less crowded during the lunch hours.

MNSSHP thins out greatly after 9PM. I recommend doing something restful for the day and arriving at 4pm. Otherwise, you could be another family leaving by 9pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter