Anyone planning a trip to the world for the holidays?

BostonDisneyCrazed

Sugar Rush Racer
Officially planning my trip to the world for the holidays and was wondering if anyone else is planning a trip for around the same time. I want to hit up all the parks but sadly no one else in my party shares that sentiment.

Also, I am doing Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party for the first time. Any advice or must do's during the party?

Something very cool about the Christmas party is that you can get in early! I don't remember the exact time, but with your Christmas party admission you can get in I think it was around 4, whereas the actual time listed says it starts at 7 or something like that. Once the party starts, they'll be checking people for wristbands that say they've paid for the party admission, and then the park is yours! A few years ago we went and I think some of the rides were closed down, but it's still a great time!

Unfortunately last year was the last year for the Osborn spectacle of lights, but I'm sure they've got something just as great in store. Also be sure to save plenty of room for cookies and hot chocolate, it's free and unlimited while in the park! Also don't miss the holiday themed "wishes fireworks" show!

We will be there from the 18th thru the 30th. We love the MVMCP with the highlight being the special wishes fireworks. Our favorite place to view them is in the new gardens to the left or right of the hub. Last year we were able to just sit down and enjoy the grass while people piled up in the street and hub to watch. The party crowds are smaller but know it's still pretty busy. Get there at 4 and hit up your favorite rides before all the special events start.

My partner and I will be there for a week starting November 12 (does that count as the holidays?). Would love to start chatting with other LGBTQ couples who will be there at the same time. It'll be my first trip with her. WOO! :love:

Something very cool about the Christmas party is that you can get in early! I don't remember the exact time, but with your Christmas party admission you can get in I think it was around 4, whereas the actual time listed says it starts at 7 or something like that. Once the party starts, they'll be checking people for wristbands that say they've paid for the party admission, and then the park is yours! A few years ago we went and I think some of the rides were closed down, but it's still a great time!

Unfortunately last year was the last year for the Osborn spectacle of lights, but I'm sure they've got something just as great in store. Also be sure to save plenty of room for cookies and hot chocolate, it's free and unlimited while in the park! Also don't miss the holiday themed "wishes fireworks" show!

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely take advantage and head to the park before 7:00 :-)

If anyone in this thread wants to be added to the meetup list, please PM me with the dates you'll be at Disney, and whether you'll be in DL, WDW, or some other Disney or Universal property. Thanks!

Over the past weekend, I decided to do a quick trip in December, the 17th-20th. I am having my father and stepmom join me for part of it since they live in Jacksonville part year. So trying to make more family memories with my father since he will be 78 next year. I am going to treat them to the MVMCP and a stay at the Swan.

I'm going with some friends Nov. 27-Dec 4. Staying off property because my parents have a timeshare and it's like, $109 total for a 7 day stay, which even free dining and the convenience of staying on-property couldn't beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!