Anyone planning for 2020 yet??

teddykins

Happily in love :)
Oh my goodness it's been almost 5 years since I was on my first trip to the US and I've been dying to go back ever since I got back. Some of you may remember me, some might not but I'm the little Aussie who had a Kidney transplant in 2011, went over to the US in Oct 2013 (did a cruise with the Backstreet Boys even), was planning to go back in 2015/16 and then in May 2014 the transplant failed so I ended up back on Dialysis instead :(

I've been on Dialysis since May 2014, in November 2016 my partner proposed to me during our P&O Cruise to Tasmania.. we are getting married October 16th, 2019. Last year on October 19th I had another Kidney transplant :love: so now I am in the middle of saving and organising our wedding, the topic of Honeymoon came up - I KNEW straight away where I wanted to go ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo and my fiancé agreed!!! Which brings me to the point of this post, we are looking at October/November 2020 just because we wouldn't be able to afford wedding + honeymoon in the same year and I wanted to go to WDW longer than the 4 days I went last time plus I also LOVED Halloween and wanted to do that as well as Christmas.

At the moment our plans aren't set in stone but we are looking at 10 nights at a value (don't care which one lol), 4 nights at Universal O, down to San Fran for 2-3 nights and onto DL/LA for 3-4 nights before we fly back home...although ideally we wouldn't mind staying for a month, it'll just be a matter of the age old issue: $$$

So with that all said... anyone else planning to visit in 2020?? :donald:

I'm unofficially planning our 10 year anniversary party, which will be in 2021 at WDW. However I'm hoping to fit in a quick trip to DLR before then.

I'm hoping to rent dvc points for our 10 year trip. I loved staying at BWV last trip, but I can't decide where I want to stay this time .

Sounds exciting :) BoardWalk Villas I assume? They look pretty!!! We were considering Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach but the prices are so much with the $ exchange.. might end up having to stay at ASSports in the end. I'm also torn between 2020 and 2021.. I don't want to wait too long and risk my kidney transplant failing before that (happened while I was planning a 2015 trip in early 2014 :( ) but I'd also like to visit for the 70th, not sure if could do both years though... I hate making adult choices.

I looked into DVC and I couldn't make heads or tails of it... the site I was looking at said something about "all you would pay is $20,000" and I was looking at AKL for 10 nights but I probably just didn't do it right because holy moly I could do a lot with that $20,000 lol so I've just decided I really have NO clue how it works but I keep seeing everyone say oh it was cheaper than booking with Disney, oh it was only so much more than staying here and here and stuff.

Started planning for March 2020 here. :) Planning on resort hopping from 14-21 days, $$$ permitting. Thinking about Poly, Contemporary then undecided.

I looked into DVC and I couldn't make heads or tails of it... the site I was looking at said something about "all you would pay is $20,000" and I was looking at AKL for 10 nights but I probably just didn't do it right because holy moly I could do a lot with that $20,000 lol so I've just decided I really have NO clue how it works but I keep seeing everyone say oh it was cheaper than booking with Disney, oh it was only so much more than staying here and here and stuff.

Sounds to me like you were looking at buying into dvc - which isn't a great option for once off trips here and there , but it's possible to rent points from other people who have bought in and that's how it gets cheaper. However I've found that renting is a great way to get deluxe resorts for cheaper, but it's not the cheapest way to get accommodation at Disney.

I'm unofficially planning our 10 year anniversary party, which will be in 2021 at WDW. However I'm hoping to fit in a quick trip to DLR before then.

I'm hoping to rent dvc points for our 10 year trip. I loved staying at BWV last trip, but I can't decide where I want to stay this time .
I'm starting to plan my five year anniversary in 2020, I've known that it would be celebrated at WDW since day 1. what kind of party are you planning? I need ideas!

Sounds exciting :) BoardWalk Villas I assume? They look pretty!!! We were considering Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach but the prices are so much with the $ exchange.. might end up having to stay at ASSports in the end. I'm also torn between 2020 and 2021.. I don't want to wait too long and risk my kidney transplant failing before that (happened while I was planning a 2015 trip in early 2014 :( ) but I'd also like to visit for the 70th, not sure if could do both years though... I hate making adult choices.

Same- want to go both years, but can't wait. We'll go in 2020 for a longer trip and try to get down for a day or two in 2021 (we visit family an hour outside Disney, so convenient).

I've used DVC- which may save money for people but the cost of the Villas tends to be greater than the Values- why you were quoted such a high price. It's lower than Disney prices, but not inexpensive.

We're planning for 2020. It'll be an anniversary trip for DH & I, plus I am kind of hoping that because so many people will be excited to go to WDW for the 50th celebration in 2021, that slightly less may opt to go in 2020, LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know, not likely, but it's good to dream!

Same- want to go both years, but can't wait. We'll go in 2020 for a longer trip and try to get down for a day or two in 2021 (we visit family an hour outside Disney, so convenient).

I've used DVC- which may save money for people but the cost of the Villas tends to be greater than the Values- why you were quoted such a high price. It's lower than Disney prices, but not inexpensive.

For us its not 'worth' just a few days so maybe we will use 2021 as an excuse to go for 4/5 nights then go on a US Cruise.. and hope the exchange rate is better haha. Shall see I suppose. I want to be in the 'Disney bubble' but off site is os much cheaper than staying on site, although the inconvenience of having to get to the parks and places yourself (via uber/lyft) are a huge con for us - the Disney bus system isn't perfect but it's a huge plus to staying on site. Oy :(

The prices I looked at were for on property, not DVC itself...I had a look at DVC, didn't get it so gave up LOL!

We're planning for 2020. It'll be an anniversary trip for DH & I, plus I am kind of hoping that because so many people will be excited to go to WDW for the 50th celebration in 2021, that slightly less may opt to go in 2020, LOL! Yeah, yeah, I know, not likely, but it's good to dream!

LOL yes!!!! I saw on FB sooo many people waiting to go in 2021 that I'm like hmm maybe the park will be more empty in 2020 hahaha. We were looking at going to DL next year for our actual honeymoon but 2020 they will be turning 65 so think we will stick with going in 2020 and then looking at 2021, if its not possible then thats totally ok.. I just want to go at some point lol. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

I'm starting to plan my five year anniversary in 2020, I've known that it would be celebrated at WDW since day 1. what kind of party are you planning? I need ideas!

I'm either planning a private dinner party at one of the World Showcase locations during illuminations, or there's an outside location at Fort Wilderness where we'd have the private party, and then walk to the beach to watch the fireworks at MK. I prefer the MK fireworks, but the illuminations party would probably be better... but I don't know...

We were married at WDW in 2011 and since then I've always said we'd do a 10 year vow renewal there, but I can't justify the cost of a whole wedding again, so I've scaled it back to an anniversary party, but we might sneak in a private vow renewal in our room, but we'll see.

There's a heap of info on www.disneytravelbabble.com which is a site run by Lurkyloo on the dis.

I'm either planning a private dinner party at one of the World Showcase locations during illuminations, or there's an outside location at Fort Wilderness where we'd have the private party, and then walk to the beach to watch the fireworks at MK. I prefer the MK fireworks, but the illuminations party would probably be better... but I don't know...

We were married at WDW in 2011 and since then I've always said we'd do a 10 year vow renewal there, but I can't justify the cost of a whole wedding again, so I've scaled it back to an anniversary party, but we might sneak in a private vow renewal in our room, but we'll see.

There's a heap of info on www.disneytravelbabble.com which is a site run by Lurkyloo on the dis.
We were married at WDW in June 2015 and I used Carrie's book to help plan (then I bought it through Passporters, now its stand alone- Disney's FairyTale Weddings and Honeymoons. We even had our dinner at The Attic because of her pictures and descriptions. Its funny, because I'm making the Truffle Mac and Cheese for a BBQ today- it was our favorite food item and I found the recipe online.

There are a lot of resources for Honeymooning, proposals, and weddings, but not so much for anniversaries. I wish Disney offered something for special occasions- a party package or something. I know my family would join us, but I also don't want to plan a vow renewal - just a celebration. I'm going to call them next year and see what ideas they have for a romantic celebration, if anything.

We had our pictures taken in MK and AK, so I my opt for a photo session. I like your dinner party idea.

For us its not 'worth' just a few days so maybe we will use 2021 as an excuse to go for 4/5 nights then go on a US Cruise.. and hope the exchange rate is better haha. Shall see I suppose. I want to be in the 'Disney bubble' but off site is os much cheaper than staying on site, although the inconvenience of having to get to the parks and places yourself (via uber/lyft) are a huge con for us - the Disney bus system isn't perfect but it's a huge plus to staying on site. Oy :(

The prices I looked at were for on property, not DVC itself...I had a look at DVC, didn't get it so gave up LOL!

LOL yes!!!! I saw on FB sooo many people waiting to go in 2021 that I'm like hmm maybe the park will be more empty in 2020 hahaha. We were looking at going to DL next year for our actual honeymoon but 2020 they will be turning 65 so think we will stick with going in 2020 and then looking at 2021, if its not possible then thats totally ok.. I just want to go at some point lol. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.
I was thinking the same thing, maybe the Pandora/Frozen frenzy will have died down. However, they will likely promote the heck out of 50 to get people in.

Last edited:

Buying DVC is the purchase of points from Disney direct or from a resale place. I would suggest not purchase unless you have a longtime aim to go to Disney where there are DVC resorts mainly being WDW and plan to go maybe every 2 years at least. There are rules about banking and borrowing. Then there is a maintenance fee you need to pay every year based on the amount of points you own.

Renting points is easy, find an owner and get them to book the reservation. Better to find an owner with points at the resort where you want to stay. They can then book at 11 months, other resorts they can book at 7 months. You can also book through sites that do DVC rental but this is normally more expensive. I normally charge a deposit and then final balance 7 months before the arrival. The member is the one who does the booking and books DME etc. The renter receives the reservation No. and that can be linked to MDE and the renter can then make ADR's and FP. The resorts need to be DVC and at WDW there are many resorts with various options of room sizes and views.

n November 2016 my partner proposed to me during our P&O Cruise to Tasmania.. we are getting married October 16th, 2019.

Congraduations on your engagement :)

I have a tentative plan for a trip in 2021, both DH and Disneyworld's 50th birthday.....

We were married at WDW in June 2015 and I used Carrie's book to help plan (then I bought it through Passporters, now its stand alone- Disney's FairyTale Weddings and Honeymoons. We even had our dinner at The Attic because of her pictures and descriptions. Its funny, because I'm making the Truffle Mac and Cheese for a BBQ today- it was our favorite food item and I found the recipe online.

There are a lot of resources for Honeymooning, proposals, and weddings, but not so much for anniversaries. I wish Disney offered something for special occasions- a party package or something. I know my family would join us, but I also don't want to plan a vow renewal - just a celebration. I'm going to call them next year and see what ideas they have for a romantic celebration, if anything.

We had our pictures taken in MK and AK, so I my opt for a photo session. I like your dinner party idea.

Disney Catered Events does private parties, that's who I'll be planning through. I used Carrie's book too. It's so helpful particularly because Disney seem unwilling to give any info until they're giving you the BEO :laughing:

Disney Catered Events does private parties, that's who I'll be planning through. I used Carrie's book too. It's so helpful particularly because Disney seem unwilling to give any info until they're giving you the BEO :laughing:
Oh gosh, I did not have the best experience with Disney Catering. Hopefully it was an anomaly.

Well you can't leave it at that, tell us what happened!! :rotfl:
The person assigned to us never answered her phone, she only communicated via email. Well, actually, she called me back twice over the course of six months, once on a Sunday night and once right before our event. By email communication I mean, I would email her and get a reply two weeks later. The communication stunk. It got so bad that I was worried that we might not even be locked into our event, as I didn't have a contract or pay anything a month prior- despite going through email to pick food etc. That was the major issue that led to the second issue.

We had dinner on the Boardwalk and a private dessert party booked afterward at UK Lockside. There was a chance of rain (and it did rain) so toward the end of dinner our planner says, you can stay here and we'll bring desserts here for you (in hindsight, what we should have done) or you can go to an inside venue (America)and we'll bring you out when the fireworks begin. We chose the second option because of the fireworks. Ugh...

The walk around to the new location was a pain in the butt- extra long, dodging rain and lightning, person with needs who needed a scooter etc. Had we known, we could have planned ahead- but, the point is that this scenario was sprung on us day of. I wish we could have planned a rain option ahead of time. I didn't think of it, but they should have known to do so. For the fireworks, we stood in a roped in area with everyone else, nothing special, nothing more.

I called the catering manager and he issued us a hefty refund. Our guests had a great time regardless- they were at Disney! But, the poor communication and resultant outcome was a red flag that perhaps their events staff are carrying too much of a workload and can't give time and attention to each party. Which if true is disconcerting given the level of excitement and planning that goes into a Disney trip and event on the consumer's end- not to mention the cost.

Last edited:
I'm planning for 2020 but I just don't know where or when... work is in a state of flux here. If I'm still in this role I'll be in LA in May for work, so that's a DLR/vegas/Zion trip 3 weeks, if not it'll be an Oct/Nov WDW/Dallas/etc trip for 5 weeks (If I have leave accrued in a new job). Throw on top of that I may have access to superbowl tics in the Feb which is Miami that year and it'll be a 2 week WDW/Miami only trip because the superbowl tickets are insanely expensive and we wouldnt be able to afford to stay any longer!

Starwars will be open in both locations by then and Crazy Cat Boy is a fan and I want to take him to see one or the other.

It's killing me not knowing LOL what my plans are in two years... yes, I'm that person! :rotfl2:

Congratulations on your engagement! We are planning on 2021 for our first trip to WDW. I didn't realise it was the 50th! DH and I did DLR without the kids for our 10th anniversary this year. We also did a trip with the kids in 2015 and it was the 60th, some lovely diamond jubilee souvenirs. We plan to go to the rugby world cup in Japan next year, along with wanting to miss all the madness of Star Wars openings so 2019 is out and 2021 it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!