Anyone recently taken the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam?

AlohaNow

DIS Veteran
You know, the new one that FINRA just dreamt up last December? I am studying through Kaplan and am curious how similar the actual exam is to the Kaplan materials. I am a mid-life career changer so I am motivated to pass this little exam so I can put it on my resume. My new favorite word in the world is ‘debenture’. It’s just fun to say!

I have my 7 and 63 and wasn't even aware of the new exam. Maybe it'll come up in the continuing education. I didn't take that one but did the others and as long as you have a basic understanding they're not that bad. As long as you're taking studying at least semi seriously, you'll be fine...

Thanks @slpeters! I feel like I should be asking about the SIE on a college chat board because the test is aimed at ungrads / recent graduates. It's genius really, when you think about it, that FINRA will collect $60 from everyone who takes it, as you do not need to be sponsored by a firm. Many will probably take it and never go into the industry. They pulled the basics out of all the 'top off' exams and put them into this new 'co-requisite'. It is good for a career changer like me, as it will show potential employers that I am serious about working in finance. I am studying like crazy full-time this week. I'm punchy from spending too much time in my Question Bank!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!