Anyone remember Marcia Adams

s&k'smom

<font color=blue>I really do have to get a life!<b
I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured you guys might remember. I have an old cook book "Cooking from Quilt Country" by Marcia Adams. She was on PBS about 11 years ago. I just pulled out the book for a recipie and was flipping through and was curious if anyone remembered her or if they have any info on her. I loved her recipes because my DH is a real meat and potato's eater. Thanks for any help.

Sure I remember Marcia Adams. She is still on PBS during the week. I am pretty sure that she had a heart transplant about a year ago. That is probably why you haven't seen anything new from her in a while.

Oh I hope she is recovering well. Thanks for the info you guys. I'll definately check out the website.

Hello!
I also remember her show on PBS.
I have four of her cookbooks:
Cooking from Quilt Country
Heartland-The Best of the Old and the New from Midwest Kitchens
Christmas in the Heartland &
New Recipes from Quilt Country

I have made many of her recipes.
Her best recipe (in my family's opinion...) is: "The Very Best Beef Pot Roast" from the New Recipes from Quilt Country book. Also "Chocolate Fudge Pudding" from the Cooking from Quilt Country book. Those are just two that stick out in my mind at the moment.
I enjoy all the pictures and stories in her books and have visited many of the Amish communties that she talks about.

Bonnie

I did get a chance to jump on the website and am hoping to get her newest book. There is just something about her I love. I have made her fried chicken and it is so good. Also her meatloaf another yummy one.

I have her Heirloom Receipes cookbook- I love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter