Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

I finally kicked Siruis XM to the curb at Christmas and subscribed to Spotify. Now I get to listen to more than the 5 same songs XM played every day.

I'm an early subscriber. I graduated high school in 2000 and for some reason, I received a subscription to Maxim. In 2002, Maxim (unsolicited) sent me a portable car XM Radio that included a one-year subscription. The promotion worked -- I still subscribe to Sirius XM (SXM; I still receive Maxim, too, although I've never subscribed, expressed interest or paid a cent for it). You can negotiate the price to $60/year, or $100 for the "all access" (which includes Howard Stern and premium sports content).

For some, Spotify would be a great idea -- SXM's music quality is terrible, their "commercial free" music seems to play too many commercials and their song selection sucks. However... Spotify, nor any other service, comes close to matching the spots and entertainment programming that SXM offers. In an era of unlimited data and free podcasts/etc., this may not be necessary. However, I enjoy listening to the news and sports simulcasts. For $8/month, I can't complain. Plus, here in Southern California, we have long commutes (time wise, not distance wise) and after a few days of steaming, your wireless provider will decide to throttle you.

just did ours for $6 month including taxes/fees.

Dh and I each got the $65/yr deal last June. Dh has had it in his truck for years but this is the first time I subscribed. We are used to doing the negotiating dance. For a while they would not budge so dh went for about 1 yr without it. He was so happy last year to find the $65 special and convinced me to get it. I already got a notice in the mail that it will auto renew in mid June at some outrageous rate. I don't want to call now or it will change my next renewal date to May 2021 instead of adding 12 months on from mid June. So I marked my calendar to call before they bill my cc. Glad to hear the $65 deal is still going.
I enjoy the service and there is just so much content. They have added some special channels just for the month of May. I am loving the Led Zeppelin channel. :cloud9:
I can stream on my desktop too without having to give an email address or any kind of log in. I set my favorite stations and when I go to the website, on one page I can see all the songs playing on all my favorites. Sometimes there's so many I like I can't decide which I want most. I haven't even gotten to all the comedy channels. We could all use a good laugh right now. :goodvibes

I believe that the app is free for everyone through May 15th. Just announced it yesterday.

Thanks!! My free trial in my car that was supposed to last for 90 days was left on for just over a year...they kept sending me mail asking me to subscribe, which I thought was quite funny. I enjoyed it immensely and miss it.

Thanks to this discussion, I was reminded I want to cancel. I got talked into staying at the super cheap rate people mentioned, though 😀. It is pretty painless to either cancel or get a discount via their website. You just go into a chat where they make you their offer and you can say yes or no.

This thread reminded me I need to cancel! We have a car coming off of lease that we are turning in so I used the chat to cancel. They still did a hard sell on chat and offered some good deals. I may have taken one if we weren't turning the car in.

I just renewed and got the next three months free, then $60 total for the rest of the year. I was happy with that.

I usually call and threaten to cancel. I never accept first offer saying I can’t afford. I always pay by cashier check- they can’t auto renew.

I usually call and threaten to cancel. I never accept first offer saying I can’t afford. I always pay by cashier check- they can’t auto renew.
They do allow you to pay online with your credit card by selecting the "One Time Payment" method. That way they don't keep your card on file and try to auto renew you. If I call a day or two after it technically expires, they try charging me a few dollars for those one or two days. I ask for them to waive the fee since I am renewing my subscription and it's a ridiculous charge. They always waive it.

I'm glad this thread exists! Because of this thread, DH just renewed his for $99/year with an upgrade to all access because they're now offering online cancelation. He clicked on the cancelation link and it brought him to offers. He could have gotten the regular version for $60. Super quick and easy.

My DD just renewed her service yesterday. She paid $60/year plus tax and also got a free Echo Dot.

they're now offering online cancellation. He clicked on the cancellation link and it brought him to offers. He could have gotten the regular version for $60. Super quick and easy.

If they finally have an online cancellation option, I may now go online and reactivate my car - I've done the dance with them so many times over the years where I have to call and say I want to cancel, they then follow the script and then "check with their supervisor" etc etc before offering a deal that makes it worth renewing for another 6 or maybe 12 months, I finally just gave up. So I'll now probably give it a try if I can get a good deal and don't have to call to cancel.

If they finally have an online cancellation option, I may now go online and reactivate my car - I've done the dance with them so many times over the years where I have to call and say I want to cancel, they then follow the script and then "check with their supervisor" etc etc before offering a deal that makes it worth renewing for another 6 or maybe 12 months, I finally just gave up. So I'll now probably give it a try if I can get a good deal and don't have to call to cancel.
They still make you talk to them on an online chat, but it’s less painful.

I just renewed subscription for my wife’s car at $30 for six months. Cancelled subscription for my car and use the app to stream from her account on my phone when I’m in my car.

I'm glad this thread exists! Because of this thread, DH just renewed his for $99/year with an upgrade to all access because they're now offering online cancelation. He clicked on the cancelation link and it brought him to offers. He could have gotten the regular version for $60. Super quick and easy.

Where's the option to cancel online? My plan expires in June and I would like to renew it online rather than dealing with playing games with a customer service rep as they read out all the terms and conditions.

Where's the option to cancel online? My plan expires in June and I would like to renew it online rather than dealing with playing games with a customer service rep as they read out all the terms and conditions.
I believe you have to use the Chat feature online.

They'll always offer you a lower renewal price.
I wish I had done the lifetime subscription back when it first launched. I've been a subscriber ever since and it would have paid off bigtime by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!