Anyone rent a crib since new WDW rules about bell services?

erin1715

DIS Veteran
We will be visiting Beach Club Villas in March and I plan to rent a crib from an offsite vendor. Has anyone done this since the new rules about having to meet the vendor in person? I don't have a problem meeting them on our arrival day, but on check out day we will be leaving before 8am and the company I plan to rent from, A Baby's Best Friend, says that they can't meet before 8am and Bell Services will charge a $75 fee if you leave something with them. Any ideas about this?

Do you absolutely need a crib for that last night? I'd have them pick up the crib the day before and just use a pack n play the last night. I think the villas come with pack n plays?
I know it's not ideal but it's an option.

Do you absolutely need a crib for that last night? I'd have them pick up the crib the day before and just use a pack n play the last night. I think the villas come with pack n plays?
I know it's not ideal but it's an option.

Yeah that’s probably the best idea. My LO doesn’t sleep great in a PNP but we can get through it for one night.

We will be visiting Beach Club Villas in March and I plan to rent a crib from an offsite vendor. Has anyone done this since the new rules about having to meet the vendor in person? I don't have a problem meeting them on our arrival day, but on check out day we will be leaving before 8am and the company I plan to rent from, A Baby's Best Friend, says that they can't meet before 8am and Bell Services will charge a $75 fee if you leave something with them. Any ideas about this?
looks like 2 choices pay the $75.00 or use the PNP the last night

Yeah that’s probably the best idea. My LO doesn’t sleep great in a PNP but we can get through it for one night.
You can also ask wdw for a crib that one night. They have what they call “full sized cribs” but they aren’t really full size but still better than a pnp. My DS absolutely won’t sleep in a pnp.

Haven't arrived yet, however I have talked on the phone with the company I am renting both a stroller and a crib for an upcoming trip. According to them you can still leave the cribs at Bell services for no charge, but must meet them for the stroller drop off and pick up. Maybe someone can verify who has actually done this, but that is the info I was given about two weeks ago.

Why rent the crib when WDW have them for free?
If you ask you can get a full size crib, we used them at Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and AKL. They were clean, fresh sheets and easy to set up and pack away.

In October 2018 baby’s best friend told us to leave the crib outside the room and they came to pick up. Worked perfectly for us. Give them a call or drop them an email - they were very helpful even when our flight was delayed

Why rent the crib when WDW have them for free?
If you ask you can get a full size crib, we used them at Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge and AKL. They were clean, fresh sheets and easy to set up and pack away.
They are not true full size cribs...at least not the one at wilderness. Plus the mattress is paper thin. The place I rent from has a true full size crib with 5 in mattress luke DS has at home.

They are not true full size cribs...at least not the one at wilderness. Plus the mattress is paper thin. The place I rent from has a true full size crib with 5 in mattress luke DS has at home.
The mattress in the ones that we got were not paper thin, they weren't a "normal" thickness but certainly not like a pack n play.
With the size of the rooms we were very happy with the crib, I wouldn't want a true full size one in a studio.

The mattress in the ones that we got were not paper thin, they weren't a "normal" thickness but certainly not like a pack n play.
With the size of the rooms we were very happy with the crib, I wouldn't want a true full size one in a studio.
You asked why rent. That was my answer. It wasn’t paper thin but definitely much thinner than a regular mattress. DS doesn’t sleep well on anything but a regular mattress & crib. I would have loved the space too of not having a true full sized crib in the room, but I like to sleep through the night more. And the place was use has been booked before so apparently we’re not the only ones who have a need for a true full size crib.

Thank you all. Maybe I'll send the company an email to clarify whether or not I can leave the crib at Bell Services with no charge, but on their website (A Baby's Best Friend) it does state that WDW resorts will now charge a $75 fee for doing that. But I'll verify that to be sure.

And yes we need a full size crib with a full mattress much like LSUmiss. My girl does not sleep in a pack and play or a crib with anything less than a thick mattress. And I would rather get a full size crib and decent sleep as well.

Just in case anyone is looking into this in the future, I heard back from A Baby’s Best Friend and because I’m staying at Beach Club Villas, I can leave the crib outside our room before our early check out and the company will pick it up. But this is dependent on what Disney resort you stay at. So I’m glad I asked!

One reason to rent is that they aren't guaranteed. We requested a crib at Wilderness Lodge and got a pack n play. It was fine for our 11 month old, thankfully, but I had requested a crib.

(This was 2011, so maybe better since then.)

One reason to rent is that they aren't guaranteed. We requested a crib at Wilderness Lodge and got a pack n play. It was fine for our 11 month old, thankfully, but I had requested a crib.

(This was 2011, so maybe better since then.)
No this happened to us too. I begged them to find me a crib & they did but reminded me it wasn’t guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter