Anyone rented the Poolside Patio Seating at the Grand Floridian?

sczarnecki

Earning My Ears
Hi, We are going to stay at VGF in August. I am thinking about splurging for saved, shaded seating for my family of three. The cabanas seemed like they would be noisy, as each cabana has its own television and electronics, and they are close together. I really don't want to listen to someone else's television. So the Poolside Patio Seating at the other pool might be a good option? I can't seem to find any posts about it anywhere. If you've stayed there, was it fairly quiet and relaxed? Is the umbrella waterproof in case it rains? Is there a refrigerator? BTW, I did call the number provided for book and I asked these questions -- but the person I talked to didn't seem to know much about them.

Hi, We are going to stay at VGF in August. I am thinking about splurging for saved, shaded seating for my family of three. The cabanas seemed like they would be noisy, as each cabana has its own television and electronics, and they are close together. I really don't want to listen to someone else's television. So the Poolside Patio Seating at the other pool might be a good option? I can't seem to find any posts about it anywhere. If you've stayed there, was it fairly quiet and relaxed? Is the umbrella waterproof in case it rains? Is there a refrigerator? BTW, I did call the number provided for book and I asked these questions -- but the person I talked to didn't seem to know much about them.

Hi. I am going in September and thought about renting a cabana but when I saw it was at the "kids" pool, I quickly changed my mind since we will be five adults (two of which are my mom and my dd-25). What is this Poolside Patio Seating "at the other pool" you are speaking of LOL

Is there a paid nicer area to rent at the other pool? If so, I will certainly look to find out more information.

Thank you so much!

I saw a post about this somewhere recently. I think those are an umbrella and a couple of chairs. One or two commented at least about seeing them although I think one person had used them. If I figure out where that is I'll post the link.

We rented one for our upcoming 4th of July trip (but only because the cabanas are full) and we need guaranteed shade. Supposed to be a large retractable umbrella, and padded lounge chairs by the main (courtyard) pool, up to 8 guests for 159.75 (10am-5pm). I think there were refreshments included? Def cheaper than a cabana, so that's good... hopefully it's enough shade.

Thanks SO much! I was on that thread too. It doesnt look lime five adults could use that space but it looks nice.

We rented one for our upcoming 4th of July trip (but only because the cabanas are full) and we need guaranteed shade. Supposed to be a large retractable umbrella, and padded lounge chairs by the main (courtyard) pool, up to 8 guests for 159.75 (10am-5pm). I think there were refreshments included? Def cheaper than a cabana, so that's good... hopefully it's enough shade.
Thank you. Did you see the picture that Kat gave the link? Im guessing it is just two loungers and then seating? We would want five loungers. Maybe we will get one of these and then have the other loungers close by. Please can you post pictures when you return if not too much trouble.

Thanks.

Thanks SO much! I was on that thread too. It doesnt look lime five adults could use that space but it looks nice.

Thank you. Did you see the picture that Kat gave the link? Im guessing it is just two loungers and then seating? We would want five loungers. Maybe we will get one of these and then have the other loungers close by. Please can you post pictures when you return if not too much trouble.

Thanks.

Of course. They kept trying to push the cabanas at CR (for twice the price), but we will be checking into VGF and wanted to be there for our 'split stay day.' As you stated, I had more questions than they had information. Will update in a few weeks!

Of course. They kept trying to push the cabanas at CR (for twice the price), but we will be checking into VGF and wanted to be there for our 'split stay day.' As you stated, I had more questions than they had information. Will update in a few weeks!

Thank you very much! If you don't mind taking pictures and remembering to come back here, I would really appreciate it!

Enjoy your trip!

As you stated, I had more questions than they had information. Will update in a few weeks!

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and thanks Kat4Disney for the link. I would love to hear Henwen88's post-trip review.
I posted elsewhere and was told that the cabanas really weren't noisy. So since there was a cabana available, we went ahead and rented it. The cost of the cabana is dependent upon the date you are trying to rent it. The cost for us to rent one cabana for a weekday during the last week of August is $265.19. The policy is 24-hour notice in order to cancel a cabana. The following info. was provided by the CM who was helping us:
* check in at 9:45 a.m. with the nearest lifeguard. Cabana rental starts at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m.
* the material is waterproof so we can hang out in the cabana if it rains
* if the pool is closed due to weather such as a thunderstorm, $ we paid for the cabana will be refunded to us (not sure whether a prorated amount or a full refund).
* cabana includes 2 padded loungers, 1 couch, table & chairs, towels, smart tv w/ cable, ceiling fan, mini-fridge w/ complimentary beverages, a fruit basket, a snack basket, and a waiter dedicated to the cabanas
* accdg to this CM, we can drag another lounger over to our cabana if we need three loungers
I'll report back after our vacation - with photos. I'll also check out the pool with the Pool Patio Seating.

Last edited:
You really don’t need one. There are plenty of great locations and both pools are not very noisy outside of the daily pool party. My favorite is the GF quiet pool. Plenty of shaded chairs and a great pool!

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and thanks Kat4Disney for the link. I would love to hear Henwen88's post-trip review.
I posted elsewhere and was told that the cabanas really weren't noisy. So since there was a cabana available, we went ahead and rented it. The cost of the cabana is dependent upon the date you are trying to rent it. The cost for us to rent one cabana for a weekday during the last week of August is $265.19. The policy is 24-hour notice in order to cancel a cabana. The following info. was provided by the CM who was helping us:
* check in at 9:45 a.m. with the nearest lifeguard. Cabana rental starts at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 7:00 p.m.
* the material is waterproof so we can hang out in the cabana if it rains
* if the pool is closed due to weather such as a thunderstorm, $ we paid for the cabana will be refunded to us (not sure whether a prorated amount or a full refund).
* cabana includes 2 padded loungers, 1 couch, table & chairs, towels, smart tv w/ cable, ceiling fan, mini-fridge w/ complimentary beverages, a fruit basket, a snack basket, and a waiter dedicated to the cabanas
* accdg to this CM, we can drag another lounger over to our cabana if we need three loungers
I'll report back after our vacation - with photos. I'll also check out the pool with the Pool Patio Seating.

I was just thinking about this today. I would REALLY appreciate if you can please report back. I would love to do a cabana but we are five adult women, four of which want some sort of shade and two certainly want the shade. I would have booked the cabana if it wasn't in the kid area but we are traveling with two newbies and thought the other "adult" area would be more tranquil.

If you need to get up and move around, would you please also post pictures of the "adult" pool where you can rent the area with the big umbrella? I would love to see both your cabana and the other area and really look forward to hearing about your experience. I'll need to make a decision by end of next month, I'm thinking for our September 6 date.

Thank you for reporting back that you rented a cabana.
Enjoy your stay!

I was just thinking about this today. I would REALLY appreciate if you can please report back. I would love to do a cabana but we are five adult women, four of which want some sort of shade and two certainly want the shade. I would have booked the cabana if it wasn't in the kid area but we are traveling with two newbies and thought the other "adult" area would be more tranquil.

If you need to get up and move around, would you please also post pictures of the "adult" pool where you can rent the area with the big umbrella? I would love to see both your cabana and the other area and really look forward to hearing about your experience. I'll need to make a decision by end of next month, I'm thinking for our September 6 date.

Thank you for reporting back that you rented a cabana.
Enjoy your stay!

I'll be sure to do it! BTW, if budget allows, you might want to go ahead and rent something now. You can always cancel and get a full refund (the CM told me the cancellation policy was 24-hours before the date - wouldn't hurt to doublecheck that). The CM I spoke with also told me that cabanas often sell out well ahead of time. Not sure if that would be an issue during your trip in September, as it is low season, but something to keep in mind.

I'll be sure to do it! BTW, if budget allows, you might want to go ahead and rent something now. You can always cancel and get a full refund (the CM told me the cancellation policy was 24-hours before the date - wouldn't hurt to doublecheck that). The CM I spoke with also told me that cabanas often sell out well ahead of time. Not sure if that would be an issue during your trip in September, as it is low season, but something to keep in mind.

Thank you. I will look into doing this week. I appreciate your letting me know. Great idea!

Why can't Disney just put in more umbrellas for guest to have shade ? OH sorry, they can make money selling shade, go figure.
Yeah, that's a point. We were at SSR the last week of May. The temps were in the upper 90s with heat index of 110+. Needless to say, everyone rushed for the chairs with umbrellas. Even those wanting some sun wanted a retreat when they were done sunning. Most of the chairs with umbrellas were taken fairly early in the a.m. I did give u p my family's chairs when they took a mid afternoon break but realized that they would have a problem when they returned. Still I would have felt bad hanging on to them when people were searching around, desperate for shade... Anyway, that experience is why I am looking at renting a shelter for an entire day. That way, my family can come and go but still have a place to come back to, for one day of our vacation at least!

Thanks.

Okay, we had our 'poolside patio' day yesterday, and it was lovely! I will try to take pics before we leave, but by the time I remembered the picture request, the kids had really settled in (if you know what I mean lol). There were 2 patios sectioned off in an area of main pool (across from bar, near beach entry/bubbler area).

They were identical in setups: Very large square umbrella covering a large padded L shaped couch and table. There are 2 smaller chairs around table, and 2 additional padded loungers in front. They provided an ice chest/cooler with water, coke, diet coke, sprite, chips, rice krispie treats, cookies. Our attendant was shared with the rest of the pool, so speed of service was variable throughout the day.

We thought the price point was perfect - actually when initially booked they told me 10-5p, but then they said 7p (or even later if we wanted). The only thing I would add would be a trash receptacle and some nice fans. A circular or oscillating set would be really nice in that area.

Hope that helps!!!

We just got back from VGF, and rented both forms of seating-a cabana for arrival day, followed the next two days with the poolside patio. Each has their own advantages. The cabana is by the better pool, at least according to us. The cabana is nice, and has a dedicated attendant. The four cabanas are somewhat shoved into the available space, but we had no issues with it. The attendant was fantastic. The pool is much cooler in temperature, and has more of a party atmosphere. The downside? No air circulation, even with the fan. During the hottest part of the summer, being surrounded on 3 sides by material makes it stuffy in the cabana. The poolside patio is open air, and came with a great cooler to keep drinks refreshed. The courtyard pool though is extremely warm...bathwater temperature. Only one attendant for the entire pool area-so you wait a long time for your next drink, unless you go to the bar yourself. But much more space than the cabana. One more downside, the courtyard pool has much more concrete it seemed, and the concrete got incredibly hot...way too hot for kids' feet. Overall we enjoyed both, and will always try to book it in the future.

Thanks for the info!! I’m trying to decide which one to rent. They definitely both sound great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts