Anyone ride the “new” old Soarin’ yet?

That's funny! I was just noticing the transitions when I rode at Epcot and thinking how much I disliked them!

I'm not a fan of the transitions in the World version either. I find them very distracting and just another thing that adds to the "fakeness" of the whole experience.

Ride it today.....I had forgotten how much I like it. Way better than the new one.
it was he anymore
DH's favorite ride. We don't ride the new version anymore

Seems like 90% of people favor the CA version. And it doesn't sound like just nostalgia, or wanting to re-experience something that has been away for a few years. There is definitely interest in Soarin' Over CA, and given that, it seems dumb that they plan to put it in mothballs again at the end of June.

The compromise solution would obviously be have one on each side, but I wonder whether Disney would do that. I imagine if they did, based upon comments, the CA side would be much busier than the World side. If that became significant enough, it might even force them to consider dumping the World version altogether, and it appears they are reluctant to do something that drastic.

Sometimes Disney listens, and acts upon guest reviews. It will be interesting to see if they bother to do that in this case, or if this move was purely designed to bring guests into CA Adventure during the opening month of Galaxy's Edge.

It's so interesting reading how so many people dislike the world version. I had never done the CA one until this past weekend, and Soarin over the World is one of the favorite rides...like it's a must do for me, and am sad whenever I leave the park and don't get a chance to do it. I would be sad if they changed it. I must be in the minority lol

Rode it yesterday and I was so happy I almost cried. I wish they would keep it that way forever!!!

It's so interesting reading how so many people dislike the world version. I had never done the CA one until this past weekend, and Soarin over the World is one of the favorite rides...like it's a must do for me, and am sad whenever I leave the park and don't get a chance to do it. I would be sad if they changed it. I must be in the minority lol
I love the world version too! I never expected it to be “real” so the CGI doesn’t bother me. I like them both for different reasons.

I love the world version too! I never expected it to be “real” so the CGI doesn’t bother me. I like them both for different reasons.

I think this is what makes the difference - your expectations going in. Having seen the CA version first, it felt very real. The scenes were really happening, the way it was shot adds to the sensation that you're flying, and the smells were the cherry on top. The realism was one of my favorite things about it. So, to then see the World version after that, it just feels unnatural. To me the whole POINT of the ride is the realism, and the World version just completely lacks that.

However, if I'd seen the World version first, I probably wouldn't have cared so much because I wouldn't have had an expectation of realism going in. I don't think I would have loved the ride the way I loved the CA version, but it still would have been an interesting ride I'd do every once in a while. The CGI may not have bothered me so much. Just like I don't go into Little Mermaid expecting realism.

But it's hard to appreciate the new, less realistic version when you've had the real thing.

So looking forward to riding the CA version again -- and really looking forward to spotting the Hidden Mickeys! I've missed those so much. We rode the World version once and didn't really like it. Gave it a second chance, but realized that the main reason I didn't enjoy it was because it was giving me motion sickness, which I rarely experienced with the CA version. So we stopped riding it. :( But we'll be riding as often as we can this month!
Agree with the pp that we should send in our comments to let Disney know how much the original version is missed (and why) and how much we appreciate its return.

I am super excited that I'll be there in a few days and I'll be able to ride it. Soarin over California was one of my favorite rides. Soarin over the world is a ride that I'll only do if someone I am with has never been on it and wants to see it. To me, there's no comparison between the 2 rides. California is breathtaking and World is a distorted CGI show.

So looking forward to riding the CA version again -- and really looking forward to spotting the Hidden Mickeys!
Okay, you have to spill. I don't know about those. Please message them to me when you have time.
Agree with the pp that we should send in our comments to let Disney know how much the original version is missed (and why) and how much we appreciate its return.
I think this will be the first time I will contact DL regarding a ride. I plan to email them, tell GS and if there are survey people in the park when I go there, I'll seek them out. I want this ride back. I do understand that some people prefer World, but I would like DL to at least run California on one side of the ride.

I know it seems like "most people" prefer California based on this board, but the lines and wait times for World are long enough that I think many people enjoy World much more than I do.

I am super excited that I'll be there in a few days and I'll be able to ride it...
Okay, you have to spill. I don't know about those. Please message them to me when you have time...
These are too fun to keep secret! The few I can remember off the top of my head are: the golf ball (don't blink!), the rocks in the snow, the hot air balloons, and (of course!) the fireworks over the castle. (Anyone have any more to add to the list?)
Search Google Images for photos of these so you'll know exactly what to look for when you ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter