Anyone see this as interesting or is it just me

I've tried to stay out of these discussions as much as possible but the controversy over masks just baffles my logical brain.

Your health sector family members are coming at this from a much different place, a place of highly structured standard operating procedures to prevent infection in a hospital setting, but the recommendation for the general public to wear masks is much, much simpler than that. All the mask is meant to do is knock down the particles coming from our face holes when sneezing/coughing/talking- that's it, it's not meant to do anything more than that.

The mission is to lower the spread of that sneeze or cough from 6 or more feet to less than a foot. That's a gigantic reduction in possible airborne infections. Even if the mask is warn incorrectly, there will still be a significant reduction in spread. If we could count on everyone sneezing or coughing into their elbow, they would not need to recommend masks, but we know to many just won't do that. And with the latest data suggesting that 35% of Covid infected people are asymptomatic and are spreading the virus without even knowing they’re sick themselves, how could anyone possibly be against wearing a mask? I always thought that Common Sense and freedom went together (thank you T. Paine on this Memorial Day) but I guess in this case even that link has been broken...

Actually just talking in an enclosed environment can potentially spread the disease. Masks help that a lot, it's just not the coughing and sneezing!

Regarding Colorado, the article you posted says that they were reporting people who HAD COVID as having died of COVID, even if they couldn't be 100% sure it was COVID that killed them. Many things about COVID are not understood by medical professionals, so this isn't entirely unreasonable. COVID can attack vital organs...some people have kidney trouble brought on by COVID and some do not. As I said, it is not well understood and attacks everyone somewhat differently. So, if someone has COVID and then they die, I don't think it is unreasonable for the doctor to assume that COVID was the deciding factor. Anyway, the same article you posted says that they are not doing this any longer, so I'm not sure what you're upset about.

Regarding what you said about Ohio, much of what I said about Colorado applies here too, but it does seem sketchy about this guy's blood alcohol levels. At any rate, this is only 1 person.

As far as counting deaths as being related to COVID even if they haven't been tested...there simply is not enough testing, so I trust that medical professionals can make that decision. Half of the counties in the US have no place to even get tested...there isn't enough testing and this puts medical professionals in a bad place.

If you think the number of deaths is inflated, I would respond by saying that they are, in all likelihood, actually under estimated. In 2009, when the H1N1 flu was circulating, the actual number of deaths from it were underreported by a factor of 10. That is to say, there were 10 times MORE H1N1 deaths than were initially reported.

I would urge you to listen to actual medical experts and not political commentators.

Also, you chose to ignore the whole "I personally know a couple of families who had someone pass away of cancer, but the hospital labeled it as a covid death because they had symptoms. Those family's have been trying to sue the hospital to get it changed." thing.
Totally and completely agree with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!