Anyone stay at the Tower Studio and loved it?

Uju'sMom

Mouseketeer
Hi All
Im just trying to plan for just me and my daughter who will be 5.
I would do AKL but want to be on the Skyline or at least efficient transport - not keen on waiting for buses.
I loved POP and would go back but renting @ Riviera Tower Studio sounds like an upgrade, right?

If you are renting, rent the same points and stay in Boardwalk or Beach Club, a full proper room, the value is not there in those tower studios, which probably explains why I am seeing them available at 7 months whereas standard view Riv is hard to book.

If you are renting, rent the same points and stay in Boardwalk or Beach Club, a full proper room, the value is not there in those tower studios, which probably explains why I am seeing them available at 7 months whereas standard view Riv is hard to book.
Tower is already gone at 7 months though? There isn't a full week available till 11 months

Tower is already gone at 7 months though? There isn't a full week available till 11 months
11 months now fall during the the highest period for DVC.
Tower studios were sometime available during the summer at 7 months, while the standard studios never were, except for the occasional cancellation or successful waitlist. It's very early to say for sure, but at the moment it seems standard studios are in higher demand than tower studios. It makes sense, they sleep up to 5 and they're not 250% the point cost.

Frankly, you're more likely to get a studio elsewhere renting at 11 months than trying to rent RIV, as well. RIV has the "new resort" issue for rentals, which is that there is very little home resort booking on offer to renters.

When I was looking for my summer stay a few weeks ago, I could book them - there were no standard RIV for my entire week, just tower and preferred. Standard (dislike the view but I understand it is good looking out from higher floors) is a passable value, the preferred is very expensive. The tower studios do not seem as popular as we thought they would be (given how few there are) as I think with those when it comes down to it, it is an extremely underwhelming space compared to what is available elsewhere. You may get a lot of 11 month bookings with the intention of switching out. In August now, they are available for 16 of the 31 days! Compare to standard which have only 8 days- and hardly any concurrent- the towers have a whole week at the end of August (in fact longer- 24 August to 1 September every day so you could book a 9 night stay). I also think when people stay in these (new owners will understandably want to stay in home resort) then realise what you get for more points than say a Boardwalk studio, many could decide its one and done in them and go for standard next time or go to another resort.
I will be interested to see how it pans out though because with the high points requirement for rooms there, they could be popular with other owners just wanting to try Riviera and with so few of them it may pick up.

Last edited:

FWIW, while the Skyliner is great for transportation when it’s open, the Skyliner is currently no benefit in obtaining a rope drop RotR boarding group because it doesn’t start running early enough for 7am and even 8am openings. With Mickeys Railway opening in March, the early madness may continue for a while.

When I was looking for my summer stay a few weeks ago, I could book them - there were no standard RIV for my entire week, just tower and preferred. Standard (dislike the view but I understand it is good looking out from higher floors) is a passable value, the preferred is very expensive. The tower studios do not seem as popular as we thought they would be (given how few there are) as I think with those when it comes down to it, it is an extremely underwhelming space compared to what is available elsewhere. You may get a lot of 11 month bookings with the intention of switching out. In August now, they are available for 16 of the 31 days! Compare to standard which have only 8 days- and hardly any concurrent- the towers have a whole week at the end of August (in fact longer- 24 August to 1 September every day so you could book a 9 night stay). I also think when people stay in these (new owners will understandably want to stay in home resort) then realise what you get for more points than say a Boardwalk studio, many could decide its one and done in them and go for standard next time or go to another resort.
I will be interested to see how it pans out though because with the high points requirement for rooms there, they could be popular with other owners just wanting to try Riviera and with so few of them it may pick up.
Fair point, We are trying them out for one night in October before we sail but would never actually want them for a week like your're saying.

Fair point, We are trying them out for one night in October before we sail but would never actually want them for a week like your're saying.

I agree. We travel with a lot of non negotiable stuff, CPAP, is just one example. I think it would feel cluttered in that room.

So no one loves them .....

I don’t think enough people have stayed in them yet. I am hoping to stay in one next January as I will be doing a solo trip.

As a renter, though, it may be tough to get one depending on when you are going. You will have to find someone who owns at RiV to book during home resort time, and by 7 months, when a lot more owners can book, they could be gone,

These will not really be less expensive than regular studios at the other Epcot resort. which would give more space.

However, if you really want to stay at RiV, and will only be 2 and can get one, it will be the lease expensive option.

Thank you, it all makes sense.

I will consider the BoardWalk while awaiting Tower Studio Reviews
I have tried looking for Tower Studio reviews too. There are not many I have found. Tom Bricker and Tom Corliss are the only 2, both professional bloggers. I would have expected some regular DVC members to write something by now, though maybe I am just not finding them. I really respect Tom Bricker's views a lot. I just would like to find some more. I have a Tower studio booked for July 31, last day of my trip, and may cancel. It looks so small and so dark. But the resort looks quite pretty, and it would be nice to see it while it is still new and clean and "dressed to impress (for sale)".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter