• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone stayed at travelodge i-drive

penlanspice

Addicted 2 disney
hi
has anyone stayed at the travelodge just off i-drive, can't really find any info on it.
i've heard some really bad things about the travelodge maingate, so im hoping this is a little better. what sort of eateries are close by etc.

thanks

sam

I'm sure I've heard reports that it's ok, but I haven't actually stayed there. We did stay at the Clarion Universal which I think is nearby and that was fine. If it is where I think it is, it is at the top end of I-drive which is slightly more 'Blackpooly' than further down- by that I mean more shops, restaurants and bright lights, and less trees. It was however clean and safe feeling - there were loads of restaurants to choose from which is always a bonus. The only downside we found was the traffic upto Sand Lake Rd could be quite bad, but since we weren't actually on I-drive we generally managed to avoid driving through the worst of it.

if you haven't booked yet, I would suggest looking at the Clarion Universal - it's a nice, clean, basic hotel. we had no complaints

Bev

Is it the one thats on americana way behind the big circular tower hotel?

If so DON'T GO its horrible. Not clean not tidy and when we were there 4 cars got broken in to.

Yes it is that one.
Has anybody had any good experinces of this hotel, im quite worried.
thanks

sam

My Aunt stayed there last Summer and had a really good time. She said the rooms were very basic but were clean and tidy. They stayed for 2 weeks without any problems.

If you want a more up to date answer check the gazateer guide in local travel agents and it will be very honest.

Seriously though I wouldn't ever go back there for one its not the kind of place you want to have to walk back to. Is there anyway you can change accomodation.

I know you are probably wishing I have never answered but honestly we really thought about changing hotels at one point while we were there. Its had several name changes also. Used to be an Econolodge.

Hope for your sake its better than when I was there.

Sorry if I have said things a little harshly but I really think the only answer is an honest one.

Hi Sam

I can understand you feeling anxious - is there a possibility that you could change your hotel? Who have you booked with and when are you going? Maybe there is something that your Travel Agent can do - get them to look into the Gazeteer perhaps?

I wonder if Kazzie would know - maybe she could have a look for you?

Do let us know what you decide - in the meantime I will see if I can find any further info out for you about the Travelodge :)

HTH :)

......Sam, I would approach your travel agent, tell them you are very concerned and find out if it's possible to switch resorts and what alternatives they can offer.
You can ask them to show you the Gazeteer- I think they are supposed to present it to clients if asked- Kazzie may clarify that for us.

I noticed in Lunn Poly the other day, that they had all the gazetters out on a table so you could just help yourself. Even if you haven't booked with them, I think you would be able to pop in and take a look in the book.

Bev

Hi,

Tipped off by Janice;) I have the description for you from the Gazateer('truth guide').It IS warts and all though but I think thats best in the long run:rolleyes:

Travelodge International Drive .....(Type motel)

Location.......In rather dull surroundings close to busy tourist area and I4 motorway.Shops and close eateries 350 yards.Courtesy bus to attractions.

Exterior..........Unremarkable functional 4-storey pink and white L-shaped property with railings on external walkways.Built in 1974.

Interior........Limited to plain,simple lobby furnished with a handful of easy chairs.

Grounds.........Rather ordinary and prone to traffic noise.Sloping lawn peppered with mature trees surrounds large pool.Limited supply of loungers on narrow concrete terrace and wooden decking at waters edge.Simple bar with stools faces freeform pool and small pool for children.

Opinion........Uninspiring,rather lifeless budget choice with limlied facilities.Quite habdy for tourist outlets but suffers traffic noise.Formerly Econo Lodge International and Econo Lodge American Way.

I hope that helps a bit.If you need to know the descriptions of any others in the guide if you are changing your booking,just PM me:)

thanks eveyone for your help.
im going in just over 2 weeks, and can't really be bothered with hassle of finding another hotel. as long as the rooms ok and clean, im not bothered about anything else, we don't plan on spending much time there anyway. we had a really good/cheap deal with virgin, so i don't expect superior quality. we only paid £650 each (2 of us) with full car insurance, so we can't really complain. besides because we got such a cheap deal were off to cuba in october, so that'll make up for the luxury.

sam

Sam

I didn't think the review was too bad either.There are much,much worse reviews in there believe me!

You paid such a great price for the actual holiday,that its best to take what comes with the hotel,especially if you're using it mostly as a base:)

and if the room/hotel is really not acceptable, complain and ask for another room, or to the Virgin Rep and get moved to another hotel. That is why they are there

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter