Anyone tried a portable high chair?

If it were me I would just bring your car seat/stroller and leave the kid in it while eating. There has to be a way to put the car seat on the high chair/chair/ground or keep it in the stroller?

Luckily for us our youngest will be 6 months when we go and shouldn't have issues with a tad of padding possibly on the sides.

We used a portable high chair in the room when DS was 7 mos. But, in restaurants we left him in the stroller. All restaurants told us that we could bring the stroller in if the baby is too young to sit in one of their high chairs.

If it were me I would just bring your car seat/stroller and leave the kid in it while eating. There has to be a way to put the car seat on the high chair/chair/ground or keep it in the stroller?

I was in a local restaurant the other day and saw someone flip the high chair over and nestle the carry-style car seat into the base. It looked as if they'd done it before and knew it would work.

(But I also think they'll likely allow your stroller itself for a baby who can't sit up, as long as it's not blocking exits.)

If you don't plan to have your stroller (using a sling or other carrier instead) I do think they product you posted would work fine - you'd just need to wait for a table with with real chairs if they were otherwise going to put you in a booth.

I was in a local restaurant the other day and saw someone flip the high chair over and nestle the carry-style car seat into the base. It looked as if they'd done it before and knew it would work.

(But I also think they'll likely allow your stroller itself for a baby who can't sit up, as long as it's not blocking exits.)

If you don't plan to have your stroller (using a sling or other carrier instead) I do think they product you posted would work fine - you'd just need to wait for a table with with real chairs if they were otherwise going to put you in a booth.
be very careful with tipping over highchair for infant carseat. if back is higher than front chair can tip into table with very little touch. sad to say this has happened a number of times with the wooden highchairs where I work. worse one was when mom had just put child back in and was trying to buckle child. and seat tipped into table and child fell to floor after hitting edge of table. if you end up with double stroller as we had 2 young granddaughters with one being 4 months old and we were not allowed the stroller at any of table serve places. and it was too hot for infant carseat in stroller when we were there. we were a large group so we just passed her around during the meal

From what I've heard there are a couple places that have "infant" high chairs (I think Chef Mickey's comes to mind).

If you're in a single stroller that's small, you might be able to use the stroller in place of a high chair. It might depend on the restaurant though. Le Cellier offered to let me bring my stroller in when my kid was melting down. Tiffins let her stay in the stroller because she was fast asleep.

From what I remember the high chairs all have backs https://www.rubbermaidcommercialpro...ood-service-equipment/rubbermaid-high-chairs/, so they're not the combination high chair/infant seat holders that your local restaurant at home might have.

ETA: I realized I never answered your question, to be honest I never thought of bringing a portable high chair anywhere. Will you have your infant seat with you? Or will you be using the stroller in the reclined position the whole time?

Last edited:
be very careful with tipping over highchair for infant carseat. if back is higher than front chair can tip into table with very little touch. sad to say this has happened a number of times with the wooden highchairs where I work. worse one was when mom had just put child back in and was trying to buckle child. and seat tipped into table and child fell to floor after hitting edge of table. if you end up with double stroller as we had 2 young granddaughters with one being 4 months old and we were not allowed the stroller at any of table serve places. and it was too hot for infant carseat in stroller when we were there. we were a large group so we just passed her around during the meal
I was going to post this. My son did exactly this & slipped out & hit the floor at a restaurant. He was probably about 5 mos. He wasn’t buckled in for the same reason & the whole chair toppled & the car seat fell onto the floor & he slipped out & hit his face. Thankfully he was fine. I bet wouldn’t even let you do this since it’s not the proper use of the high chair.

Thank you everyone. We will not have the infant car seat in the parks, and we have a double stroller (have 5 kids, youngest 2 are 15 mo apart) so stroller isn't a great option in most places. Today I bought a similar seat as in the pic and tried it on 5 chairs. It works pretty great but looks hilarious on high back chairs. She looks like she is sky diving or something. It is smaller than a poncho when in its case so fits right in the diaper bag. I'll have the infant carrier to wear her just in case a chair doesn't work with this contraption. Thank you guys for the help!

Last edited:
I'm looking at the same one, mainly for our room our youngest DD will be 10 months when we go and needs a high chair to eat. in the parks it's fine but we eat breakfast in our room and I can't imagine doing it without a high chair. I'm going to request one but If I can't get one I was going to bring one of these - I know my DD is older than your child but I've seen friends use them and I think you'll be fine as long as your bub is holding their head up fine.

My youngest is too young to sit up in a standard high chair for our Disney trip (4 months old). At home we bring her infant car seat and leave her in that to free up our hands at restaurants. Not sure what to do at Disney and saw this product. Has anyone tried something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Alphabetz-Po...ay&sprefix=portable+infant+hi,aps,197&sr=8-15

Sorry just saw this post so it may be too late but we used a high chair insert for our 6 month old when we went and it worked great. It fit right into the Disney high chairs and allowed baby to sit up.

KidCo Huggapod Infant Seat Cushion Support, Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HREKV32/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xnHdDb4M775V5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!