Anyone up? Harry & Meghan Royal Wedding Watch thread

That just proves how much scrutiny & criticism being part of the Royal family is. At one time Pippa was a media darling in that very form-fitting, low cut dress she wore at Will & Kate's wedding. Now she's being compared to a can of ice tea. :sad2:

The strands hanging down the left side of her face bothered me, I wanted to push them aside! I wish I saw this thread yesterday. I had gotten up early and had it on, then my daughters got up and were watching it. I mentioned my girls were watching it to a friend who then couldn't wait to tell me how they couldn't care less about it. Then she said she told her daughter it was on and she was just like 'whatever'. Excuse us for being uncool! *people*

I know! I wanted to run up with a can of hairspray and a bobby pin! LOL!!

The dress does look just like the can of iced tea, but that wasn't the problem. Her BRA was the problem! She is very beautiful though. Is she pregnant?

Yeah, it looked like she wasn't wearing one. I'm sure she was, it just wasn't a good one. Then again, I believe she is pregnant so she is probably filling out a lot and just trying to be comfortable.

Diana's dress was really "something else" - a spectacle rather than a nice outfit. Nobody anywhere could have or probably wanted to duplicate it (unlike Kate Middleton, who single-handedly killed the strapless, sweetheart gown!). Diana's dress did influence trends though. For a while there in the 80's wedding dresses were getting pretty out of control with the sleeves, bows and general frippery:
1980-wedding-gowns-on-pinterest-1980s-wedding-dress-1980s-8901483.jpg
vintage-bride-weddings-80s-bride-1980s-wedding-dresses-1980s-subtlety.jpg

I love that you used the word frippary. I don’t know why, I just do. It’s a very fitting word.

I watched some of it and mostly just to see how beautiful the dress was and it was stunning.

Diana's dress was really "something else" - a spectacle rather than a nice outfit. Nobody anywhere could have or probably wanted to duplicate it (unlike Kate Middleton, who single-handedly killed the strapless, sweetheart gown!). Diana's dress did influence trends though. For a while there in the 80's wedding dresses were getting pretty out of control with the sleeves, bows and general frippery:
1980-wedding-gowns-on-pinterest-1980s-wedding-dress-1980s-8901483.jpg
vintage-bride-weddings-80s-bride-1980s-wedding-dresses-1980s-subtlety.jpg
I got married in 1990 and had to wade through a ton of dresses like these to find something a little more streamlined with fewer do-dads. I ended up having my dress made by a seamstress. It did have big puffy sleeves though like almost every dress from that era.

I wasn't criticizing the mother. I was just trying to figure her out.

I was reading an article today that was tearing into Kate for "looking tired" :rolleyes: I wish I could look half as good as she does on her worst day :rotfl:

Yeah because it's not like the poor woman has a newborn at home or anything. We all know how exhausting that is. I thought she looked great.

Regarding royal wedding gowns, I thought princess Diana's dress was one of the ugliest wedding dresses I've ever seen. It was gaudy, with those huge selves. It looked like it was wearing her and not the other way around. The fabric was awful and all wrinkled. No wonder the style didn't become a trend -remember Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy's gown? It seemed that for a while everyone wanted to marry in a gown similar to hers, even though few could pull it off. Not so with Diana's gown, and I think that was it for the designers.

Kate's dress was gorgeous. Now, to me, that what elegance and class looks like. Not too little, not too much. Just perfect.

I didn't like Meghan's s dress at all. I get that she was going for simplicity, but the dress didn't even fit! I think something similar to this would have looked gorgeous on her:

simple-elegant-wedding-dress-for-older-bride-elegant-wedding-dresses-for-older-brides-1-470-x-789.jpg

Now, can someone please explain to me why did the dress cost hundreds of thousands of dollars? I can understand if it is embellished with crystals or pearls, but this dress was nothing but fabric. Why so expensive?

I though the tiara was gorgeous, and Meghan looked radiant. She was a beautiful bride.

I would guess a lot of the price tag was due to the veil. I think it was all hand embroidered with floral symbols from all 53 commonwealth nations. That has to cost a pretty penny.

She was a gorgeous bride, loved both of her dresses.

Did anyone happen to see a picture of what Kate wore to the second reception last night? I have been searching and haven't found anything.

I'm one of the few that thought Meghan's dress was perfect. At least perfectly paired with the veil. I especially loved the dress she changed into for the reception.

I visited St George's Chapel on Tuesday of this week. The staff was polishing the brass in the quire ahead of the wedding. Henry the VIII's tomb is in the church. Windsor Castle is really something to see as is the quaint town surrounding it.

I also visited Kensington Palace and my favourite part of the tour was viewing some of Diana's famous gowns/clothes that are on display. I can't believe how she could make any item of clothing look so good when she wore them.

As well, I toured The Tower of London, Edinburgh Castle in Scotland and the outside of Buckingham Palace. I can't wrap my brain around the money, pomp and circumstance that goes into the royals and their lifestyle everyday.

If I was a citizen of the UK I would not be happy to have my tax dollars paying for any of it. As a tourist though it was pretty darn cool.

I've also heard Bishop Curry preach, and yesterday he was a bit subdued compared to his usual preaching ;) I believe that whoever asked him to preach the homily most likely knew what to expect.

I liked the the dress, but I didn’t think it fit her properly and that piece of hair that was hanging was so freaking annoying and distracting! I kept on thinking why doesn’t she or Harry fix the darn thing?

I channel surfed throughout the day trying to see what others were wearing, on one channel they were announcing who was coming in view, the Spencer family, the niece who is pregnant (zara?) etc. and then Sarah Ferguson walked by and the announcers went silent. Then continued on identifying other celebrities that most don’t care about. Why? Is Sarah Ferguson a persona non grata in Britain? I thought that was really rude. They were British announcers.

Her mom looked lovely. Why was she alone? Didn’t she have one other family member or friend that could have passed muster in order to hobnob with the rich and famous and keep her company?

Didn’t watch the ceremony but apparently the sermon by curry caused a stir. Apparently there was some eye rolling amongst the guests.

Her second dress was a disappointment. Nothing new there either. She really needs a style coach.

Harry’s hair was a mess too. On a big screen tv it looks ragged. He could use some Brylcream or something. I think he would have looked better if he shaved his beard off.

A special that was on tv said his previous serious relationships didn’t last because the women didn’t want to be in the spotlight all of the time and that this one will work because Megan enjoys being in the spotlight, which makes sense.

I was surprised at the negative comments about pippa. She was the media darling not too long ago.

I wonder how long it will be before they turn on Harry and Megan and start picking apart the things they do.

Regarding Diana’s wedding dress-you have to remember that styles change. That dress looks over the top today, but at the time it was the style.

I only wish everyone's wedding could be televised to the world so every nuance can be picked apart by strangers.

I finally watched...it was lovely from start to finish. Everyone looked radiant. Everyone looked happy. Just beautiful. May they enjoy a marriage full of love and happiness!

As a tourist though it was pretty darn cool.

And that’s part of the reason the taxpayers do pay.

Her mom looked lovely. Why was she alone? Didn’t she have one other family member or friend that could have passed muster in order to hobnob with the rich and famous and keep her company?

I have wondered he same thing, I know all the drama with the dad and step siblings but seriously no Aunty etc

I only wish everyone's wedding could be televised to the world so every nuance can be picked apart by strangers.

I think it’s normal to judge, I would expect at every wedding, there are people thinking how lovely xyz is, and also thinking I was not a fan of x

Regarding Diana’s wedding dress-you have to remember that styles change. That dress looks over the top today, but at the time it was the style.

I disagree. That dress was never in style. And fabric which creases so easily never looks good.

So after reading many things online I just have some questions about this whole wedding. What is the connection with Oprah in the Clooney’s?
Also what bothers me is that her mother is the only person from her background and past that was there. I understand she’s having family issues right now but there’s no godparent, Old family friends, old neighbors, mentors from her past life? It says a lot about a person if they have no childhood friends that speak to them anymore
It seems the only people that were invited besides her mother were her Hollywood friends from her show ( nobody in her life before Suits phase). Or A-list celebrities tennis stars Oprah

I read an interesting article online at how she basically reinvented herself and burned her bridges and is trying to erase her past. Once she moved to Toronto she re-branded herself. At this point I am a bit skeptical. it’s like she won the lottery. She won the role of a lifetime. I’m pretty sure she loves Harry, who wouldn’t love any man that would give her this lifestyle.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter