ANyone use Avis Preferred at MCO?

JandD Mom

Striving for a magical life!
Hi,

I just signed my DH up for Avis preferred (it is free). The web site says go to the garage and get your agreement from the kiosk. Anyone have any experience with this? Also, I have to hand over a coupon at the kiosk. Does this slow down the process? I do not have to go to the desk in the airport terminal. Thanks for any help.

I have used Avis Preferred at the Orlando airport many times. It is VERY fast. Typically all you have to do is show your driver's license and they give you the keys. I wouldn't think a coupon would slow you down much.

Enjoy!!

I contacted Avis and they told me if you have a coupon you have to go to the counter first with it, THEN go to the kiosk. Is this stupid or what?:mad:

To me, it seems like it is not worth it to go with Avis, especially if I can get dollar for a few dollars less WITHOUT the coupon. I would only spend the extra money if it was faster. If I have to go to the counter, I feel I should not bother.

ANyone have any thoughts on this?:confused:

I'd call back and talk to a different CSR - are you calling the preferred line? I'm preferred and I've NEVER been to the inside counter (unless they changed the rules in 2001). I've always given them free day vouchers (company earned) or a free day coupon at the kiosk. It takes a couple seconds to enter the numbers and I get the keys. Just my experience.

Pinky

Pinky,

I did call, AND email them. They both told me I MUST go to the counter. It makes no sense. If I have to talk to someone in the kiosk anyway, why cant they enter the coupon? Perhaps I should call the MCO location directly....

:confused:

The agent at MCO told me that preferred members SHOULD go right to the kiosk with the coupons and bypass the counter. She told me they take coupons at the kiosk agent all the time. She laughed at the stupidity of what they were telling me at the 800 number. She said "why would we make a preferred member go to the counter when the kiosk agent can do the same thing?" That was my question. Anyway, I hope that is the correct information.:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter