• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone use ExecuCar recently?

WendyWhy

Mouseketeer
We usually have a car when we go to DLR - so our trip (2 adults, 2 kids) in Jan 2015 will be our first where we have to figure out a ride from GCH to LAX. Our flight is Southwest Airlines leaving LAX at 8:55pm.

The last Disneyland Express shuttle leaves GCH at 5:50pm - which is a bit early for us. We only have 2 days in the parks - so even leaving an extra hour early to hang at the airport does not sound appealing at all.

I was thinking it would be easier to have something like ExecuCar - but I wanted feedback from anyone who used it recently - thanks in advance!

We usually have a car when we go to DLR - so our trip (2 adults, 2 kids) in Jan 2015 will be our first where we have to figure out a ride from GCH to LAX. Our flight is Southwest Airlines leaving LAX at 8:55pm.

The last Disneyland Express shuttle leaves GCH at 5:50pm - which is a bit early for us. We only have 2 days in the parks - so even leaving an extra hour early to hang at the airport does not sound appealing at all.

I was thinking it would be easier to have something like ExecuCar - but I wanted feedback from anyone who used it recently - thanks in advance!

On our last day at the GCH as we checked out, we left the bags at Bell Service and headed to the parks.
Stretching it to the last minute in the parks before returning to Bell Services for our bags and asking them to call a taxi.
There are a few taxi's right at the GCH waiting for Bell Services to wave them up. Fast and easy....

Geemo

What day is your return flight? Honestly, an hour to the airport and 2 hours there isn't outrageous. I think leaving an hour later is honestly cutting it really close.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question though, as we've always taken the DLE.

On our last day at the GCH as we checked out, we left the bags at Bell Service and headed to the parks.
Stretching it to the last minute in the parks before returning to Bell Services for our bags and asking them to call a taxi.
There are a few taxi's right at the GCH waiting for Bell Services to wave them up. Fast and easy....

Geemo

A taxi from GCH to LAX will cost way more than Execucar services, especially if you hit bad traffic.

What day is your return flight? Honestly, an hour to the airport and 2 hours there isn't outrageous. I think leaving an hour later is honestly cutting it really close.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question though, as we've always taken the DLE.

Flying on a Tuesday night with flight leaving at 8:55...DH has family in LA - so we have a feel for LA traffic, not checking bags and so feel like leaving at 5:50 is overkill.

It took us 45 minutes at 6:00 am on a Saturday in October to get from DLR to LAX. We did a car service (Go Lansky formally DK Livery.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter