• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone use FRS/GMRS?

cookees

Earning My Ears
we were thinking of taking our radios with us, but wondered if finding a channel could be an issue....

i dont know what FRS or GMRS is... is that like a public radio tuner?

in LA, theres a lot or radio station... even got Radio Disney! :)

i dont know what FRS or GMRS is... is that like a public radio tuner?

in LA, theres a lot or radio station... even got Radio Disney! :)

They are hand held radios, to communicate with each other. So if DH wanted to take DD on a diff ride than DS and & I we could find each other.

not radios to listen to music with.

Loads of fun,garbbled transmissions,stepping on other people (a c.b.term).If you have cel-phones,much better. My $.02.

at $1.25/min EACH that is not an option! Our cell service is Canadian...

ahh, i see, i wouldnt recommend it though, Disney got a pretty HUGE network or radios... if you cut in, that aint too good...
the best is to set a plan, if you get lost find each other at the main plaza...

sounds good...that's why I asked before we got there!!!

Can't wait...in the final countdown now!

Yeah...that's just cus we are 'international' while down there...

not brutal here at home lol!

I'm sure i've read a post somewhere about cell service and someone mentioned something about getting a north america plan or something from telus. It was an add on or something but apparnetly they were able to use their cellphones down there with no roaming etc.

Or you could just call each other to signal that the other party was ready. But dont' pick up ^^;; then you wouldnt' get charged and you'd know that they were at the designated meet spot.

I am not too worried about it...I htink we will jsut set up places to meet up. I imagine for the most part we will all stick together. I don't want to start worrying about more stuff...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter